Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noticeboard - All casting calls, auditions, crew requests and general notices go here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 PaddieT

Hi
    We need a make up artist for next Tuesday to next Friday. If you could also do a blood splatter and blood pouring effect that would be perfect.
    If available please email me at pthompson1629@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 inkandlight

EXTRAS CASTING BRIEF

‘MEN & WOMEN’
    Short Film

Director: Ruth Meehan
    Shoot Dates: 22nd and 23rd March
    Producer: Tamsin Lyons, Ink & Light Films

All ages required for 1970’s dance scene

Men & Women is a short film being produced under the FilmOffaly scheme, and based on an award-wining short story by Claire Keegan. The story follows a young girl over her 9th Christmas as her loss of innocence is reflected in her realization that relations between her parents are not what they seem.

Central to the story is a big New Year’s Eve dance and we are looking for extras to take part in the filming of the dance!

So if you’re ready to get dolled up in your best 70s clothes and hair and be a part of this short film, please do get in touch.

You’ll be required to be available for two full days, and to bring two changes of clothing which would be appropriate for 1979.

As we’re a low budget shoot, there is no fee available, but catering and a DVD of the finished film will be provided.

Send your photo, confirmation of availability and contact details:

Carolina de Lemos
    carolina@ink-and-light.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Analogue Wave

Hi we (Analogue Wave) are looking for a VJ/film maker to be a member of a live band. We're looking for someone thats into the music and wnats to look after all the visuals. We want this person to be a full member of the live band, if you might be into it or know someone that might be please get in touch, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Darcy33

I have a short script and I need a Producer to help me bring it to life.

Please send a C.V to the address below and the script will be sent on. I won't say much in terms of the details and storyline, I will just let the script do the talking.

This could be a great opportunity for the right candidate.

waltzingwaveproductions@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 36 anonjoe555

What exactly are you looking for? Someone to do a music vid? record live shows? more info would help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Analogue Wave

anonjoe555 wrote: »
    What exactly are you looking for? Someone to do a music vid? record live shows? more info would help.
    Hi, ideally we're looking for someone to be a full time member of the live band that could edit their own clips and trigger them live on stage during a performance, and perhaps create music videos for individual tracks too, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 wordisbond

Hey filmmakers!

I just wanted to leave a message here in the hope that I could help some people out with their productions and hopefully meet some like minded people.

I have a degree in TV and Media Production which I finished last year and spent a few months before Christmas working in a production house in Central London on a paid internship.

I have my own transport (a caddy van) which is handy for lugging equipment around and I finally bought myself a DSLR this week. Test footage below ;)

Don't have a tripod yet but I'm building my own rig which should help with shaky footage. Waiting on parts from china and what not :) Might be useful for B roll anyway.

I'm based in Carlow but don't mind travelling to Dublin or other places within reason.

I know that most people's budgets are small so I'm not expecting much in the way of payment. If you feed me i'll be happy and hopefully on some of my own projects you can help me out later down the line.

If you think I can help you out send me a PM.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 duke811

Hello dear boards.ie community!
    I would like to introduce our effort to produce an international action-adventure feature film: TOGETHER with the creative input of the interested web community. This is a German crowd-sourcing project, but we want to share and to produce it with the whole world, and we will shoot it in English language, because this is the best language for genre films.

Pre Production begins NOW!

Who wants to work with us, who wants to give input to this challenge?
    We have already built up a reputation with our adventure movie "CASCADEUR - THE AMBER CHAMBER" (1998), which you can watch for free at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv5v4BHIGtU (sorry, only in German language. We are working on subtitles!). It is a tribute to Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. We also aroused attention with "AS FAR AS MY FEET WILL CARRY ME" (2001), an epic adventure drama.

We are looking forward to discuss your ideas and to answer your questions!

Our website: http://www.cascadeur.de/wordpress/crowd-movie-in-english/

Greetings
    Duke

• Registered Users Posts: 35 memoirs

Casting for a short film to be shot Sat 27 and Sun 28 April, early morning.

Interested actors please forward CV and headshot to Niamh at swansongfilms@gmail.com before Tuesday 16 April.

Shorelight is about two people who encounter each other at dawn every morning along Sandymount strand. Their lives are different but in the early hours on Dublin bay they are drawn to one another.

The script is loose and encourages improvisation. We have no budget for this but expenses will be paid and copy given for showreel. We plan to finish the film in time for entry to Galway Film Fleadh.

Aoife- Early 30s- Aoife is a nurse from South Dublin, single mother to a three year old. Strong and independent but stressed. Aoife goes running along the strand after work every day.

Rory- Early 20s- Rory is from Inner City Dublin. Bright, honest and a thinker. Spends his early mornings out on the beach digging for bait out on Sandymount strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Looking for someone to shoot and edit a short 'How to' video for a website. Not terribly complicated and shooting schedule is 1 day. Location already found and agreed.

Additionally seeking someone (male or female) to star in the 'How to'. The piece is motoring based (Think Top Gear) so knowledge of cars or motoring is a serious bonus. Script provided but will need to be ad-libbed to make more 'conversational'

Actor and filmmaker is welcome to use the finished product as a promo or part of a portfolio. They will also be paid.

Please PM me with your interest, any previous work examples and expected rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 gariceimo

Hi all,
    Looking for 4 actors for a Web-series based in Galway City.

Title: Genius: Liam & Emmet

Synopsis:

“Genius” is a fictional documentary series focusing on the lives of two middle-aged men who were child prodigies in their youth. Their intelligence and exceptional grades in school were commended when they were both the topics of documentaries while they were still children with their whole lives ahead of them and so much potential.

2 Males, age range: late 30's - mid 40's

1 Male, age range: 60+

1 female, age range: late 30's - mid 40's

In depth character descriptions available.

We are unable to provide pay but we have a good track record of festival screenings and award wins/nominations.

Contact via e-mail with headshots, showreels and any other relevant materials.

Gary Flaherty, Producer/Director
    gariceimo@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Voxillary

Action horror feature film Taryn Barker: Demon Hunter needs a gaffer for filming dates of May 22nd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th.
    If anybody here is a gaffer and is interested email demonhunterproductions@gmail.com

You'll get an IMDB credit also and this project has potential! It's low budget.

But the script is solid.

Check out this music video featuring footage to give ya a taste of what its like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XEaqgCz_Lc&feature=youtu.be

http://www.facebook.com/tarynbarker

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Voxillary

GAFFER ROLE HAS NOW BEEN FILLED*
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 SweetStasis

Howdy,

I’ve been getting in to soundtracks etc and I’d like to try to expand my portfolio, if you will, by doing a free soundtrack for somebody. So far I’ve made music in a few different genres – have a listen to the showreel below for a better idea.

Couple of conditions for this project:

- must be instrumental
    - must be short a production, by short I guess less than 15 mins
    - no crazy deadlines (I work 9-5 at the moment and I’m busy with music in the evenings and weekends, so I hope you understand I can’t drop everything for a freebie job)
    - I can’t afford any extra costs like mixing, mastering etc – so if the piece becomes more complicated with a good few tracks etc, (which is fine) you may want it professionally mixed and you would look after that cost yourself.

The showreel will give you an idea of what I can do. I think you’ll find me easy to work with and basically I’ll give unlimited revisions until its right and you’re happy.

If you’re interested, PM me with details of your project. If I get a few replies I’ll pick the most appropriate.

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PapercutWriter

Hi there, I'm a songwriter, I've been recording my songs from home since I started making music in 2007.
    I'm looking to write a soundtrack for a film, with songs based around it.
    Basically I think maybe getting the plot or watching the film first, I can then write an EP around that, to go with the film.
    It will be a new challenge for me.
    Just made my website yesterday, you can hear everything I have done on it.
    I have an album called Runway by Andrew Brady on Spotify iTunes etc.
    Have never been to a recording studio.
    Want a new challenge, as I am wanting to try new things now.
    Also I will do it for free just for my new challenge, would be cool to even do a soundtrack for people into film production that are in the same boat as me with my music, just being creative and trying to further themselves.
    www.andrewbradymusic.com
    Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

I would be very interested.

PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

I am a Photographer from Wexford, and over the last few weeks I have moved into Film production..

I am looking to work on a few portfolio video productions....

I am looking for females about 20 ish - 30 ish for to work on a sample advert projects (about 30 secs long), which will be ONLY for portfolio.

PM me for more info

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jigital

We are looking for cast and crew for the short film Tunnel Another Way. It will be filmed on set near Bonmahon, Co. Waterford in June.

Please see the YouTube video for further details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8wR7CO-bEo

• Registered Users Posts: 5 robbieryan85

Hi folks, I'm a screenwriter looking to collaborate with any directors out there who are also starting out and looking to make a short. I've done quite a few courses on writing, in Filmbase and college etc. Now I'm just looking to shoot something, anyone interested??? Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 103 Verified rep MovieExtras.ie: Derek

We need 50 men aged 21 to 95 with hair past the ears and clean shaven for the SKY1 drama Moonfleet starring Ray Winstone. Fittings are scheduled for next week.

Size: SLIM - ideally 38" chest, 32" waist. Can be up to 40" chest, 34" waist
    Hair: past your ears
    Facial Hair: NO facial hair / clean shaven
    Look: White Caucasian

This is paid work and you don't have to be a MovieExtras.ie member to apply

How to apply:

Send an email to AdvertCasting@MovieExtras.ie with the subject line SLIM MALE with the following details:

(a) Age
    (b) Head & shoulders and a long shot picture taken within the last month
    (c) Contact details - mobile
    (d) Measurements

Please submit details URGENTLY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dcjudge

i want someone to film a video to go up on you tube with some but not nessesarily professional experience, its just simple and in one location.PM or mail me for details.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Hi guys,

I'm a young filmmaker and really looking to get properly into the film scene, so if anyone has any projects coming out I would love to come and help out as long as travel was covered, I would work for more or less free :) Also looking to get into wedding films too :) I would also be willing to give editing a go, I wouldn't be a novice on that side of things at all. So any projects you're working on please gimme a PM, Would love some experience :) Thanks guys,

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amcarthur

Hi everyone,

I'm currently a student studying Music Technology at queens in belfast (I also have a nd and hnd in production) but I am trying to get into film work. I have some experience with location recording.
    Looking for small independent films or student films for audio recording for work as a sound recordist.

I have a modest recording setup which consists of:
    2 Track Recorder
    Shotgun Mic (outdoor work)
    Hyper cardioid mic (indoor work)
    Boompole and accessories (blimp, windy furry etc.)
    Small Selection of other mics.

Available for work in and around the Belfast area.

I also have experience in sound design, sound mixing and music recording. Very capable of overseeing the entire audio side of a production if required (e.g. Mixing, foley, sound design).

Edit: An example of what I can do http://youtu.be/N_fjlT5YLC8

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

Hi everyone,

I'm a multimedia masters student in DCU, and I'm part of a group that are currently working on a project in which we are building an interactive website about Easter 1916. We are creating a map of the landmarks of the Rising, and each one will lead to a mini documentary. We are currently entering our production stage and hope to begin filming at the end of the month. We are looking for extras, both male and female, aged from mid twenties to mid forties to take part in short video sequences. There will be no dialogue used. It will mainly be close up shots in costume, to get the notion of the era across. Unfortunately, due to a tight budget, we are unable to pay extras but we will cover any food and travel expenses. Most of the filming will take place on DCU campus, and any location shooting will be fairly close by.

If anyone is interested in getting involved, PM me.
    Cheers,
    Paula

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭grymreepor

hi we need some one to come film a low to no budget behind the scenes doc about the set up and roll out of our festival on the bank holiday weekend in august this is urgently required as the crew we had arranged has let us down(bad vibes all round) please pm for details thanks
    brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ssconnolly

Actress in her 20's wanted for a 15 minute Dublin based short to shoot this August. Role is unpaid but expenses will be reimbursed. The film will be sent to international festivals upon completion. If interested please e-mail me as smnconnolly@gmail.com for the script and more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Hi All,

This is an urgent call for extras for a "performance" shot with a band this Thursday 29th August between 5pm and 8pm (at latest)
    This is part of the Hot Press/HTC music video competition for the new music video for the Irish band- The Dirty Epics

Details here-
    http://www.hotpress.com/htctakeone/index.html

We need a good crowd for a performance scene with the band in a city centre venue for about 1-2 hours at the most!

Unfortunately this is an unpaid role for extras but this is potentially a high exposure video and it will be great fun & will hopefully lead to more work for everyone!
    So if you are a fan of the band 'The Dirty Epics" and/or would just like to be in a music video, or if you are free for to be part of a fun shoot this Thursday then please contact me for further info.

Contact Susan on
    virtual.insanity.casting@gmail.com

And I will fill you in on location details and exact times needed!
    Thanks so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

sparkzter wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is an unpaid role for extras but this is potentially a high exposure video and it will be great fun & will hopefully lead to more work for everyone!

And by everyone ye mean the director/producer/crew of the video not the extras..... Is there a few pint in it at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it but I'm interested in producing a music video. If you click the link in my signature you'll see I'm already making car movies, I've helped out on a few movies and produced loads of other stuff.

Anyway, music is something that drives me and I'd like to turn my hand to making a music video.

If you are an up and coming band with decent original tunes I'll make you a video, I won't charge for my time or that of the crew which will be my present to get you going. We might need to hire some stuff, or buy them like lights, make up and what not.

TL;DR I'll make you a music video for free, get in touch, PM here or hit me on youtube message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 wordisbond

Looking for a Male actor, 35+ needed for a short film promoting a UCD course in innovation in the areas of farming, foresty and fishing. THIS WEEKEND. Short Notice as our main actor had to cancel last minute. We are hoping to film on Saturday.

The film will be a promo spot of you in a farmyard environment with a voice over and then showing you in a more corporate environment in Galway City. It's about the journey from a rural background to the more corporate business world. The film will be used as part of UCD's marketing campaign to attract new students and will be featured on their website and social media. Great exposure and some lovely shots for half a days work.

If interested and definitely available please send me an email with some pictures or video to gerrykelly23@gmail.com

Fees: Unfortunately we cannot pay the actor but we can transport you to and from your home and the locations and provide lunch.

Date: Saturday the 14th September

My website: http://directorgerrykelly.com/

Advertisement