Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Phoenix Park Concerts 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Any actual word on the other Phoenix park gigs apart from the general speculation on here

This is probably just speculation again but I reckon we might get Kasabian on the next big announcement, seen as how the two main stage acts for T are already confirmed for the Phoenix Park.

I hope they'll announce Foo Fighters headining and Kasabian next with maybe Frank Turner or Miles Kane on the same bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

To be fair, it's not 1996 anymore! Fans at ticketmaster kioks/shops can't be seen to be a fair reflection of the ticket buying public, when every Tom, Dick and Harry has a laptop!

Well tbh i'd be surprised if they sold many more tickets for this then were sold for watch the throne this morning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

karaokeman wrote: »
    This is probably just speculation again but I reckon we might get Kasabian on the next big announcement, seen as how the two main stage acts for T are already confirmed for the Phoenix Park.

I hope they'll announce Foo Fighters headining and Kasabian next with maybe Frank Turner or Miles Kane on the same bill.

Yea i could see maybe

Kasabian
    Elbow
    Frank Turner
    The Enemy
    Miles Kane

Maybe they could throw in Chase & Status in their instead of someone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Any speculation on Radiohead? They have a new album due this year.

Any speculation on Radiohead? They have a new album due this year.

Think they are rumoured for an Arena Tour later this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 oconnell122

Any chance of The Killers being announced seeing as the new album is due out later this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Is it going to be an open air event or in a tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is it going to be an open air event or in a tent?

A 45,000 capacity tent be epic.

Its open air.

Stuart Clark ‏(Hot Press)

Electric Picnic bill to be revealed next Thursday. Several other big outdoor gig announcements coming soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Would have to agree. I know it's a very popular line up for the masses but I'm still surprised it's 'sold out' so quick. People are leaving it later to buy tickets these days and much fewer gigs selling out in quick time. I didn't see any ads for this myself, first thing I saw it was on was here about lunchtime after selling out. Fully expect that we'll see more tickets made available for this closer to the event.

I wouldn't trust MCD/Ticketmaster with their "soldout" malarky; I bought standing Noel Gallagher/The Vaccines tickets last weekend even though standing tickets had apparently sold out three weeks previously.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't trust MCD/Ticketmaster with their "soldout" malarky; I bought standing Noel Gallagher/The Vaccines tickets last weekend even though standing tickets had apparently sold out three weeks previously.

Yea i remember when they said Muse was sold out a few years ago , i went onto TM and picked up 2 standing tickets minutes later :D:D . All you gotta do is keep checking TM everyone so often and you will find tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Yea i remember when they said Muse was sold out a few years ago , i went onto TM and picked up 2 standing tickets minutes later :D:D . All you gotta do is keep checking TM everyone so often and you will find tickets

definitely........there are a couple of different things here...

for the very large outdoor gigs they always used to hold back a significant number of tickets to release closer to the date of the show, I don't know if they sill do that but it was a method to try and deal with Touts.....

then of course there's Ticket returns/cancellations close to the date, these usually start a couple of weeks before the show but will be small enough in number, but always check in the last couple of weeks before a show.....

I've often been at "Sold Out" shows that were nowhere near it, and allowing for people that just can't make it on the day there were definitely tickets not sold for some......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Stuart Clark ‏(Hot Press)

Electric Picnic bill to be revealed next Thursday. Several other big outdoor gig announcements coming soon...

Do we think any of the acts announced for Belsonic in Belfast could be appearing South of the Border this summer. We know Thin Lizzy will be playing Dublin as they confirmed that a date will be announced shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

any chance of a dance gig with maybe shm headlining? theyre playing a 65000 capacity gig in milton keynes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

df1985 wrote: »
    any chance of a dance gig with maybe shm headling? theyre playing a 65000 capacity gig in milton keynes.

Could Swedish House Mafia sell 45,000 tickets?
    We know Thin Lizzy will be playing Dublin as they confirmed that a date will be announced shortly.

Thin Lizzy will probably be one of the smaller acts if there is a big rock day with Metallica, Black Sabbath etc.

Other…

As for other major gigs south of the border, Dublin's Phoenix Park is surely set for another couple of major shows to add to The Stone Roses and Snow Patrol/Florence which are already on-sale. The big rumour was Rihanna - personally I'm not convinced. I think the likes of Arctic Monkeys or The Killers are a better bet. Then there's Slane. Coldplay was the big rumour and while that seems to have gone a little cold, if Slane happens it seems a cert they'll be headliners. If not, Foo Fighters are a possibility - I'm convinced they'll play either Dublin or Slane this summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/acrosstheline/2012/02/rigsys_rumour_mill.html#more

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Still find it so odd how Coldplay's tour has been announced for months and Ireland still hasn't a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Arcade Fire perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Arcade Fire would be cool, Radiohead would be orgasmic. David Bowie? What's he up to?!

That Forbideen Fruit looks very tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Arcade Fire perhaps?

Are Arcade Fire not on a long break? We probably wont see new AF dates till 2013.

I'd love if they prove me wrong though!

• Advertisement

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    Arcade Fire perhaps?

Are they not taking a break atm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Don't know if they are, hope they ain't though! They were phenomonal at EP last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'll say it again - Black Sabbath won't be doing a date in the here in the summer, they are playing 1 date this year - Download, all other dates cancelled, and no more to be added this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'll say it again - Black Sabbath won't be doing a date in the here in the summer, they are playing 1 date this year - Download, all other dates cancelled, and no more to be added this year....

Except one date to be announced in the US apparently, though a full North American leg was originally in the pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Look no further than this. Expect most of the headliners here to play Phoenix Park at some stage that weekend.

2012lineup_v3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭bren2001

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Look no further than this. Expect most of the headliners here to play Phoenix Park at some stage that weekend.

I shall look further than there, since 2 of the 3 headliners are already playing phoenix park Ill continue my search elsewhere.

Id say we will see a Kasabian date aswell along with someone like Elbow and a few others on the same bill

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

Once the Killers finalise their new album you can almost be certain they'll headline on the Sunday night at T.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

far more likely to be a Guetta/Calvin Harris/Erol Alkan/SHM/Chase&Status/Skrillex/other kiddie-dance type thing on the Friday or Saturday imo.

• Advertisement

O'Doodle wrote: »
    Once the Killers finalise their new album you can almost be certain they'll headline on the Sunday night at T.

No they wont Kasabian are headlining, It looks like The Killers wont be in Europe till August since all major festivals have their headliners confirmed . They will probably also do T-Vital aswell

Advertisement