Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have never asked anyone out! :o
    I think it's good if a group of people are going to something, you can ask the person you like along without the pressure of asking them on 'a date.'

So, Krudler... *ahem* you going to this tapas night? :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Posy wrote: »
    I think it's good if a group of people are going to something, you can ask the person you like along without the pressure of asking them on 'a date.'

I can see how that would feel easier but would it not be confusing?
    IMO there would have to be a bit of the person you asked wondering " so does she want to be friends or to go on a date"
    That could just lead to so much confusion, I guess it would depend on the way you ask?

I was kind of figuring you'd see how the evening goes in terms of making things clearer! Or after a couple of drinks ask if they'd like to go somewhere else 'just the two of us?' :eek:
    I'd just be too chicken to ask someone directly! I'm pathetic! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I may be :) working the Saturday so if I make it up it'll be to the after dinner drinks, havent been to a boards beers in forever, always seem to be working them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

I'd just be too chicken to ask someone directly!

And I would be too chicken to ask your way!!!!!
    I would automatically assume "ok he said yes, must mean he wants to be friends":( and probably never take it further!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

careymary wrote: »
    I never really understood the idea that women couldnt/ shouldnt do the asking out.
    Its scary as hell but a bit of an adrenaline buzz,

just think of it this way, if he's going to say no then he was never going to ask you out anyway, so whats there to lose? I dont think I know a single guy that would say no just because the girl did the asking, we like being asked after years of doing the asking and you've been rejected a few times its great for a girl to take the first step, it takes the danger of being friend zoned away for at least one date lol

Bah, as well as having arthritis in my knees and carpal tunnel in my wrist, my shoulder is really painful the last couple of days and keeps clicking/popping.
    I'm a feckin' wreck!! :rolleyes:

Right, I am going to sleeps now. I'll try and drink plenty of milk tomorrow for the auld bones! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Oh I have.....and it's worked extremely well to my advantage and in an other case mortifying that I actually left the bar. :eek:

The extremelely well one, was a mutual friend. Was out for the night, we had talked a bit before, but that was all. Kissed one night, he took my number, I his, very shy lad. I just got fed up, and asked him directly and we went out for over a year. Young romance :P

bad experience. was after a few drinks too many in college bar few years back. My friend and I had been talking how girls should be able to ask guys out directly, and of course all this dutch courage building up. Saw a nice looking guy, announced to my friend, I was going put our belief to practice and I marched up to him, tipsy, and asked him right in front of his four very good looking friends to which he looked at me and said.............eh no :eek:

I have never exited a bar so quickly nor touched wine since :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Happy Birthday Acoshla!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Happy Birthday Acoshla :D cake?? tumblr_lhantf29TW1qc4gc2o1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

funny-pictures-birthday-cat-can-count.jpg

I have.....and it's worked extremely well to my advantage and in an other case mortifying that I actually left the bar. :eek:
    I suppose you have to risk the bad to get the good! :)

Happy birthday Acoshla!
    Morning Loungers!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Let there be cake :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Happy birthday, Acoshla :)

Funny-Birthday-Wishes-For-Friends.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Happy Birthday Acoshla, welcome to your late 20's!! Tis great fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Thanks you guys :)

Ironically I'm working on other people's birthday cakes today, polished off my own one last night :)

Hope Ivy comes back soon just for a minute to update us on baby Pancake/Ash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Acoshla wrote: »
    Thanks you guys :)

Ironically I'm working on other people's birthday cakes today, polished off my own one last night :)

Hope Ivy comes back soon just for a minute to update us on baby Pancake/Ash!

Oh no no no, pancake and panache are now non-runners. We need a new name for baby :) I think she should call him Acoshla if he's born today :)

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh no no no, pancake and panache are now non-runners. We need a new name for baby :) I think she should call him Acoshla if he's born today :)

She was induced on Tuesday (am I right?) so she should definitely have him by now...hopefully, two days would be cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Hurdy Burday Acoshla!!
    (guess who was youtube-ing the Swedish Chef!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Happy Birthday, Acoshla! I don't like cake, so you're getting one made out of cheese from me:

chur.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Didn't Ivy say she would be in the clinc for five days or something...gonna sound stalkerish but I think she has been away for three days today.

God I hope everything went well, what with all our baby chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Happy birthday Acoshla, I hope you have a great day. :)

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, Acoshla! I don't like cake, so you're getting one made out of cheese from me

I love cheese too, thank you! It won't open the pic though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Didn't Ivy say she would be in the clinc for five days or something...gonna sound stalkerish but I think she has been away for three days today.

God I hope everything went well, what with all our baby chat.

Yeah, she said something about that alright, and that there'd be no internet access :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yay! happy birthday acoshla!!!
    is someone making you cake for a change :D

i was going to say if i were in the clinic having a baby i wouldnt be posting on boards but eh... im not so sure :D:D :pac:

Bluewolf yep a boardsie made me cake :) I never make myself cakes really because I'm sick of mine, lovely to have someone else make it.

A lot of people with internet on their phone (and living abroad) pop online quickly a few times after a baby's born to let people know, my uncle was texting and emailing photos about an hour after their 4th baby was born, it was great as when the rest of their kids were born facebook/phone cameras weren't as useful and we had to wait for him to get home from hospital, sleep, etc to send us a photo from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Happy birthday Acoshla!! :D

I hope you have a brilliant day! (or weekend seeing as you're working on your birthday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Acoshla wrote: »
    I love cheese too, thank you! It won't open the pic though :(

It's embedded, you should be able to see it? Anyway, you can probably smell it from Galway; it's a delicious, stinky, blue piece of gorgeousness...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Happy birthday Acoshla :)

Damn, I'm tired today. Ever have so much work to do that you end up too overwhelmed to do anything? :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement