Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

triseke wrote: »
    Just wondering if you guys had some recommendations for a decent glitter nail polish? Looking for something super glittery and girly

Essence Party Princess is fairly girly & glittery and it's super cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I haven't posted here in ages! Some recent NOTDs:

Minion Nails (with Color Club Bright Night & China Glaze Sunshine Pop)

b126e4528f101fff2f971746cf1a69a8.jpg

4th of July Nails (Revlon Red, Essie Fiji, Color Club Bright Night)

77d8982908939617c46c8b1dd7248c91.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Got my ciate order today :)

Not so sure about velvet nails!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I love the minion nails!!! :D

• Advertisement

^ That looks great! I think I could be making a trip into Boots today! :D

Have you used it Orlee? The reviews look very positive I have to say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

^ That looks great! I think I could be making a trip into Boots today! :D

Have you used it Orlee? The reviews look very positive I have to say. :)
    I've used it Purple Pawprints, it's brilliant but doesn't last very long if you use strong colours or several layers, still a great buy especially for when you're in a hurry (or feeling lazy!)

I do tend to use strong colours and layers but I think I might give it a go and see what it's like :)

Got it earlier. I love it, it's so handy!

Question for people:
    Anyone know of a nail varnish similar to Collection 2000 Hot Looks no. 23 Show Off? It's an electric blue colour. :)

Yeah I bought it last week and it takes even the darkest, layered polish off in seconds.

I haven't tried it with a glitter yet though. I also wonder how long it will last but would be great for traveling or if you're in a rush :)

• Advertisement

Takes slightly longer for a glitter polish, I was wondering about that myself before I tried it. I was wearing Lights Camera Glitter on my ring fingers over another polish and I had all my fingers done within a couple of minutes. Best product ever! I wonder how long does it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather. Just said I'd post some recent nails I've been wearing :)

IsaDora Sugar Crush Nails in Pool Crush

1GGE42Q.jpg

Essie Ole Caliente with OPI Bring on The Bling

dPQtwYW.jpg

Bourjois Mini in no 67 with Elf Golden Goddess

rdI6tFe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Nail Mail

Did a swap on another forum and got a nice package from Canada :)

DSCN0646.JPG
    Cult Nails - Quench, Illamasqua - Glitterati, GOSH - Berry Me, Galaxy, Holographic Hero

DSCN0647.JPG
    Butter London - The Black Knight, No More Waity, Katie, Slapper, British Racing Green, West End Wonderland

DSCN0649.JPG
    Barielle - Purple Hearts, OPI - Servin' Up Sparkle, Revlon - Cherries In the Snow, OPI - The One That Got Away, Nicole by OPI - Rainbow in the S-kylie, Orly - Night Sky (not pictured Sally Hansen- Wind Up)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Ciate Chalk Board Nails. Saw these online for €25 + and yet I picked mine up in Mccabes pharmacy for just €17.99!

I was not sure how it would be but I love it :D

cbnails_zps7c9055f8.jpg

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear - 4860-10 Emerald City. I love it!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Havent been here in a while, been a weird time with my friend and my dad passing away in the last few weeks. Anyway I wanted some happy nails so I went wirh some harajuku inspired kawaii nails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

And the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

They are so cool. I am sorry for all you have been going through.

I did these last night. Trying to be cheerfully summery!

2013-07-22212612_zpsdb69a11b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

Sorry to hear that stargirl.gra. My mother died last month and I haven't felt like painting my nails much since then:/

Anyway I am going to a wedding at the weekend - I will be wearing a stripey dress with purple, orange, blue, coral, magenta, white and black; a bag with similar colours and purple shoes/wrap. What colour should I paint my nails?

So sorry for both of your losses xx

I'd be tempted to go with blue nails but I'm a bit odd..maybe match the purple in the wrap? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ultimate tackiness in nail form. It's from etsy, called Neon Lights by Lush Lacquer. Unfortunately I had a little chip before taking the photo.

BPyDcf1CIAIrOr2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Pythia,
    I was going to buy that a few weeks ago but was on the fence. That picture has me convinced though! It's so pretty!

That'svery pretty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Okay just a warning for anyone else with a chalkboard kit - give the black polish ages to dry or you will make a balls of it when you try and draw on it - mine hadnt dried quiet enough yesterday and I ended up with black on my markers grrrr :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Okay just a warning for anyone else with a chalkboard kit - give the black polish ages to dry or you will make a balls of it when you try and draw on it - mine hadnt dried quiet enough yesterday and I ended up with black on my markers grrrr :o

I found that mine dried very quickly!

It also chipped pretty easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pythia,
    I was going to buy that a few weeks ago but was on the fence. That picture has me convinced though! It's so pretty!

I would also recommend one of their topcoats. I actually have 'clowning around' on top to accentuate the glitter. The toppers seem very versatile and they have a few new colours. I just bought the minis, never use a full size of anything anyway! :)

Today's nails. I was going to stick a smiley face on the grey nails, but as I ended up tipping bright pink nailpolish all over my computer....... I didn't!!!

2013-07-25154437_zps5dc16323.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

hdowney wrote: »
    Today's nails. I was going to stick a smiley face on the grey nails, but as I ended up tipping bright pink nailpolish all over my computer....... I didn't!!!

Love the colours - who are they by?

Thanks the pink is Barry M 279 Bright Pink and the grey is Essence Vintage District 04 Get Arty. You can't see it in the pic but there is a little glitter in the grey :)

• Advertisement

That pink is lovely :D

Advertisement