Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wrestling Podcasts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just to let ya know I got my mic and laptop all working again, so I'm ready to start it up again if you want to take part :)

Trying to get the first interview for the return set up as we speak

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That sounds awesome. Who is it, who is it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I learned from the whole Mike Quackenbush thing not to name names until everything is sorted :p

After this Friday I'll be game for recording!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I learned from the whole Mike Quackenbush thing not to name names until everything is sorted :p

After this Friday I'll be game for recording!
    if the band are getting back together ill have to clear my schedule!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I got the chance to interview Kevin Steen earlier today and had an absolute blast. The show runs about an hour and twenty minutes and I'd really appreciate anyone who takes the time to check it out. http://freeadmissionfr.com/?p=1437

Johnny did a great job here. He seems to have a great knack for asking the right question the right way. Kevin is as candid and interesting as ever. Some possibly surprising comments on ROH, Eddie, Davey etc here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Check out my podcast.. we're based in Cork and do a weekly show but also have a whole steam of guests on... Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho, Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts, DDP and many more!

http://www.wrestlingvoiceradio.com!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, with only 9 days till Mania, I reckon we should see about recording something, shall we?

Over the weekend, is there anyone who'd be interested in recording something over Skype and seeing if we can provide something worth listening to, in terms of discussion of the Mania card? It was suggested about trying to do one before each PPV which I think could be fun, but we'd have to make sure we give people a chance to listen before it becomes outdated by the PPV :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey bro if ur keen I'd be up for it but I'm not free until Thursday afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I could be on for that!

Thought about making a separate thread:

newera.jpg
    review a wai - april 10th 2000 ‘monday nitro’
    John Pollock and Wai Ting review the April 10th 2000 edition of WCW 'Monday Nitro' featuring the return of Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff.

http://www.podbean.com/podcast-download?b=187445&f=http://lawradio.podbean.com/mf/web/c8srjb/REVIEW-A-WAI-April-10-2000-Monday-Nitro.mp3

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I still watch this Nitro at least once a year. An staggeringly unknowing piss take on that era of Wrestling. The most kiss, kiss, bang, bang, insider swervtastic show ever.

I admit to liking it at the time. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Just in case anybody is interested in English indy wrestling, here is an interview I conduced with Andy Quildan, promoter of IPW:UK http://www.wrestlehustle.com/articles/interviews/2012/04/20/hustle-uk-an-interview-with-ipw-uk-promoter-andy-quildan

He is promoting an upcoming show with Carlito and Chris Masters. Unfortunately Kevin Nash was not paid by Italy's NWE and therefore wont be appearing as was originally arranged.

Please let me know what you think of the little interview. Joe

That's pretty cool man, well done.

Moved to the wrestling podcast thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

lads is there anywhere on itunes to download the UK interviews with the WWE lads?

I see the wrestlecast lads have an itunes link, but you often hear of interviews with the UK sun on a regular basis and they are never uploaded

any idea what the best interview podcasts on itunes would be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Thanks for the kind words Jaykhunter.

Waited until I listened to it but I posted it. Well it is a really ****ing great.
    I sat in a broom cupboard backstage at the O2 Arena and chatted with professional wrestler William Regal about his life, career and love of British comedy. At the age of 15 he was taking on all comers on Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and now is one of the most beloved and respected performers in the WWE. He has quite the story. As an added bonus we've also included a lecture I gave at part of the ToMax talks project about how I got into variety and cabaret, and why it's so important to me. Thanks for listening!

http://www.comedy.co.uk/podcasts/mat_ricardos_london_varieties/

Time mark: 14:00

jayob10 you can see above, WrestleVoice does WWE interviews! i'd recommend Live Audio Wrestling; they interview a wrestler practically every week. Just scroll through the podcasts section. Through the years they've pretty much gotten everyone you can think of. Brian Fritz did some as well but his wrestling podcast Between The Ropes fell off a cliff over the last year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

great AOW interview here with Rockin Randy Ricci

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/2012/05/02/aow-93-rockin-randy/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

To anyone who either subscribes to the Observer site, or gets the free podcasts each week, is this man the most annoying person you've ever had to listen to or am I being completely irrational.

He almost has his own 5 moves of doom, the little intake of breath before the big "Hoooooowwwwss it goin erbody", the condescending "Listen everybody" And for some reason, seems to think it is a good idea to invite his Granny on to the show!? I'm almost positive I didn't dream that.

He has an unbelievably annoying tendency to get extremely shrill anytime he is trying to be "passionate" about something.

I ended up giving up on his podcasts because I was getting to annoyed before going to sleep! Finding solace instead, in the laid back stylings of Mr. Wai Ting.

anyone listen? what do you make of him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I prefer Wai Ting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Meh on Alvarez....

Review-a-wai & Aftermath ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have never listened to the Wai Ting podcasts and only started listening to Bryan over the past 2-3 months but I have to say I find him pretty funny.

I only listen to the WO ones though, I tried the B&V show once but thought it was poor, especially with the granny thing as you mentioned.

Maybe it's because it's somewhat new to me that I don't find him particularly annoying, yeah his voice can grate on the intro alright.

Listened to an AOW podcast last night after previously enjoying the one with Nigel McGuinness and found it enjoyable for the most part but the amount of plugs and ads are pretty ridiculous.

Hooooooooooooooooow's it going everybody, Bryan Alvarez here....

*Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech*

His voice does bleed out of your earphones doesnt it? :eek:

He's a good dude in real life when it counts and he has become amazing successful in a relatively short period of time.

Totally understand why people like and dislike him. Trolling him about it is the charm. Familiarity breeds contempt. :p

Yeah the reason why I listen to Review A Wai is how similar it is to 2005-2007 or whatever Bryan & Vinny shows.

I tried searching for review-a-wai on itunes and it brought me live audio wrestling. Is that what im looking for?

Yes, all of the LAW shows (including Review-a-Wai) is on the one feed.

Although it only has the latest 50 shows or so; if u want to get the mp3 archive of Review-a-Wai go here

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Yes, all of the LAW shows (including Review-a-Wai) is on the one feed.

Although it only has the latest 50 shows or so; if u want to get the mp3 archive of Review-a-Wai go here

I'd avoid the LAW, Cannot stand Dan Lovranski.:mad:

I'd've thought Jason Agnew would be far more divisive. How come? Besides the shameless ROH shilling he's been doing lately I think he's pretty cool. All of his reference points are from the 80s lol

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'd've thought Jason Agnew would be far more divisive. How come? Besides the shameless ROH shilling he's been doing lately I think he's pretty cool. All of his reference points are from the 80s lol

I think he's way over critical of the WWE/TNA product to the point where its like
    "everything sucks. don't watch any of their shows ever"

So whats a good comprehensive list of current podcasts that someone who never listens to them could get into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I could never understand the love for Law. Heard a few of the Raw podcasts and it bores the **** out of me. Lovranksi will ask the Wai fella a question expecting a humourous response that we never get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

CMpunked wrote: »
    So whats a good comprehensive list of current podcasts that someone who never listens to them could get into?

I listen to the Review-a-Raw (from LAW: Live Audio Wrestling) and/or Aftermath(from The Score.com) on a Tues morning and based on what they say, watch Raw that night. They generally tend to disagree with each other. Aftermath is very Pro WWE and positive about a lot of stuff whereas Review a Raw tends to be more negative towards it so they balance out!

Review-a-Wai(from LAW: Live Audio Wrestling): Where they review old ppv's. I find this show hilarious, especially when they are reviewing really **** PPV's. They reviewed WCW Uncensored 2000 recently and it made me go and watch it on youtube to see if it really was that bad (and it was).

The Art Of Wrestling (Colt Cabana) - Comes out on Thursdays - about a 45min interview with a wrestler. Sometimes I've heard of them, sometimes I havent but it's always interesting.

I've tried a few others but these are the 3 I've stuck with.

By the way, I have an android phone and find the DoggCatcher is the best app for downloading the podcasts.

Advertisement