Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Norwegian Jokes

Options
  • 06-07-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know of any classic Norwegian jokes that most here would generally know, the cheesier the better. Like the ones we have, paddy irish man, scots man etc etc

The only good, kind of a of joke i can think of, and it was purely accidental was by a Norwegian rally car drive, it was pure genius and have my doubts on whether or not it was 'accidental'. Petter Solberg: "it's not the 'fart' that kills it's the 'smell' ", not really a joke but funny all the same.

I've always thought Irish and Scandinavians have the same kind of sarcastic sense of humour, anyone got anything good ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

There are obviously not enough Norwegians in Ireland for a quick response :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Not in any way Nordic, just picking up some of the language. However I find the Norwegian sense of humour good. For instance their take on the Danes.

Manach wrote: »
    Not in any way Nordic, just picking up some of the language. However I find the Norwegian sense of humour good. For instance their take on the Danes.

Feckin brilliant, seen it before, sums up the Norwegian understanding of Danish perfectly, is the blonde guy Harald Eia ? Atle Antonsen is brilliant in Dag !

Guteral sounds haha, Always thought they sounded like a really drunk Norwegian :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

That video was the best laugh I've had in a while!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

- Varför går norrmän mitt i vägen?
    - De är rädda för de vilda blommorna vid vägkanten.

oldie but goldie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I find myself enjoying the Norwegian sense of humour, at least I hope this is humour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

"Snakke normalt" :pac:
    Ah here!! :p:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

CSj0oB7WEAEjGOV.jpg

McDonald's Big Mac billboard at the border between Sweden and Norway

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

Tabnabs wrote: »
    McDonald's Big Mac billboard at the border between Sweden and Norway

Brilliant :D

Varför kryper norrmän på marken när de är ute och handlar?
    - De vill hitta de lägsta priserna

• Advertisement
Advertisement