Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Honda civic 1.4l petrol , gear gets stuck,

• 23-03-2015 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My Honda civic 2005 model 1.4 l petrol has developed a problem recently, the gear gets stuck especially while shifting to first gear.
    Has anyone here experienced this problem, else can you suggest any good mechanics around for solving gear related issue, since its gear box i know it could be dear, hence looking for advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Probably a gearbox bearing as it's very common on that model Civic.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

While shifting to first gear???

So is the car moving when your having the issue or is it stationary? btw it's bad practice to shift back into first if the car is still moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ajinnair

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    While shifting to first gear???

So is the car moving when your having the issue or is it stationary? btw it's bad practice to shift back into first if the car is still moving.

No the car is stationary, its when i start the car and shift to first gear.happens for other gears also, more evident for first gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

ajinnair wrote: »
    No the car is stationary, its when i start the car and shift to first gear.happens for other gears also, more evident for first gear.

Sounds like synchromesh is on the way out then.

I had the gearbox rebuilt on an EK4 years ago, cost me €350 at the time.

Advertisement