Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anybody know any good software for making beats?

• 26-01-2012 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Please tell me what you use, what is good/bad?
    I want to be able to pretty must cut, copy and paste etc..my sounds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mrSelfDestruct

MASCHINE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Thanks

It depends on what DAW you're using. Logic is good. They're all good.

It depends on what DAW you're using. Logic is good. They're all good.

What does DAW mean?

Jeez, you really are just startin out at this ****, aren't you? Digital Audio Workstation. Read up on this stuff. Google it. Watch youtube videos.

H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Jeez, you really are just startin out at this ****, aren't you? Digital Audio Workstation. Read up on this stuff. Google it. Watch youtube videos.

H

That's a nice friendly introduction...

OP, I like to use Ableton Live to produce my music. You can do a million and one things with it, it's really flexible, but if you want to start out with just 'cut, copy and paste'ing your beats, you can definitely get that all done in Ableton.

Just bear in mind that no matter what you start with, there'll be a learning curve, but the initial hump of getting used to working with a DAW is pretty applicable to all computer music stuff across the board. Learn it properly once and you'll have it forever.

Like I said, I'm just starting out.
    I'm okay with computers, so will give it a good shot, thanks for all the advice guys, I will check 'em out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I don't use any myself but I think there are 4 big players.

Ableton Live 8 (Windows & Mac)
    Logic Pro 9 (Mac Only)
    Propellerheads Reason (Windows & Mac)
    Fruity Loops Studio 10 (Windows Only)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Reaper - does pretty much everything Logic does and is cheaper and the demo is a full and uncrippled version.

Advertisement