Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

TP Postman wrote: »
    daaaahhhhh!

It's this bit. This is the bit.

I always used to spot him in random parts of Hyrule.

For the whole 38 hours it took me, he was there....somewhere.

Watching.

Writing.

Waiting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭DublinBust

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

At the time of Windwakers release cel shading was a poorly implemented style, with little to go for it.
    Wind Waker actually was gorgeous but there were those at the time who yearned for a more realistic portrayal, akin to OoT, and were disappointed with the WW style, and were vocal about it. That was the point I was making.

So you either don't know what passe means, or that's not the point you were trying to make at all, which is it?

(seriously boards? Comment box isn't accepting ALT+0233? The comment box is so broken right now).

And Wind Waker, much like Ocarina before it, is considered a technical marvel, especially in terms of all the tricks it used to create such a flawless look. http://polycount.com/discussion/104415/zelda-wind-waker-tech-and-texture-analysis-picture-heavy

Just had to do the Kakariko-> all the way to Hyrule Castle-> Lake Hylia-> back to Death Mountain filler. As a furry. The camera is so bad and twitchy during the furry fighting sections, in particular when fighting airborne enemies, which is like 80% of the enemies in these sections. And Hyrule has a locked camera? Could they not script proper camera behaviour and collision for this section?

Still not at the next bloody dungeon, still haven't done the Tears BS which I assume is right around the corner! Declaring this game the absolute worst Zelda for filler. Triforce quest and SS's filler has nothing on this timewasting wise.

It might seem like I'm hating on it a bit much, it's still a 7/10 game, it's still Zelda. There's just a lot of lazy/strange choices made.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DublinBust wrote: »
    So you either don't know what passe means, or that's not the point you were trying to make at all, which is it?

You should probably lay off the personal insults.
    Such things never go down well, only escalate and end up with unhappy users all around.
    Plus, it's not what users around here do, so perhaps you could do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

In case it's not abundantly clear, despite the above post coming from one of the Cat. Mods:

Mod: Knock off the agressive, confrontational posting DublinBust.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

You should probably lay off the personal insults.
    Such things never go down well, only escalate and end up with unhappy users all around.
    Plus, it's not what users around here do, so perhaps you could do the same?

Hey man, not much I can do about you using a word, and then later backpedaled saying you really meant to express something else. Not on me dear.

You twice painted a false history and then had to backpedal when I provided proof to the contrary. Dearest. (hope that's good enough for starlord...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Wolf Link is referred to as a "Furry" now?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Wolf Link is referred to as a "Furry" now?

I can call him what I please.

I have a neighbour who thinks 10PM-3:30AM is the perfect time for LyricFM, what's your excuse? Maybe you should get some shut eye :)

You were warned, then went on to be abusive in the next two posts again? Don't let it happen again please.

Infraction issued, if it happens again it'll be a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I haven't played in this a while, not sure why. Think it was the tears of light quest for the zora dungeon, it was driving me nuts, even though I know the dungeon for it is pretty good.

Star Lord wrote: »
    You were warned, then went on to be abusive in the next two posts again? Don't let it happen again please.

Infraction issued, if it happens again it'll be a ban.

Methinks you're using the term 'abusive' for 'posts I don't personally like'. I am not abusing poor Ciderman in any way. I'll repeat; I have no control over the fact that he made false assertions/painted a false picture of the history of these games and then tried to backpedal when shown to be incorrect. I have no control over his actions.

You can try and shut people up with bans all you like, bans don't work. I think this is my 5th account now? And eeevery time I tell the mod I'll be re-registered before they know it and eeeevery time they say they can track that and eeeevery time that's bull**** because they can't even get the basic site to work right.

Bans don't work, nor does heavy handed moderating. They only create a toxic atmosphere, drive away posters that have any intelligence and create threads and threads of zombie posts that add nothing real, challenge nothing real, go into no detail. In the last few days I've come across so many posts with patently incorrect information it's almost like they don't have internet access outside of boards. That's the calibre of posters you are encouraging. Pages and pages of 'yeah I'll buy that' or 'nah not for me'. Because we can't hurt people's little feelings right? Especially a mod, even if they're patently incorrect about what is spewing from their posts. It doesn't help that the mods are some of the worst posters on here and generally are directly involved in any dust up because of the ****e they spew, instead of posting far less than other posters like on every other forum out there...

Do you know how I was reminded this place existed? Irish Thread on Neogaf; boards came up, and this is what they had to say

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201840789&postcount=467

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201913561&postcount=473

Ban all you like... I'll be back :)

• Advertisement

Trolling re-regging user banned.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But, why look for arguments in the first place?
    I have plenty of disagreements and have been set right and set others right again and again but never felt the type of hostility that's been around your posts Dublinbust/Wright whatever your name is.
    I mean, you've lots to say, an interesting viewpoint and lots to offer but you treat anyone who doesn't agree with you as an idiot and make it your days work to convince them of their error.
    Your rather personal criticism of my point on cel shading is in error, you can have a different opinion from me but it's just that, an opinion, no more legit than mine.
    And that's fine.
    I can certainly live with that
    I don't like Streets of Rage or Golden Axe, others think they are the cats pyjamas, and that's fine, and its a laugh to disagree on the topic.
    I don't feel the compulsion to abuse those with whom I disagree.
    Why seek a ban in the first place and believe it's some sort of victory?
    It's a pity rather that you are so incapable of civilised discourse with your peers, even though you've so much to offer.
    I don't expect any of this to get through, and I fully expect some personal hacking of my comments here, but do yourself a favour and, in your next life here on Boards try a little kindness and good humour instead of belligerence, cynicism and malignancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can try and shut people up with bans all you like, bans don't work. I think this is my 5th account now? And eeevery time I tell the mod I'll be re-registered before they know it and eeeevery time they say they can track that and eeeevery time that's bull**** because they can't even get the basic site to work right.

I'm sure you'll read this on your next account - we figured out it was you quite a few days ago. We thought you might try and behave but sure enough, the same old argumentative shit-stirring rhetoric starts to spew forth (lighting up a big neon arrow over anything you post for the small handful of people who hadn't realised that you were back) and here we are again.

It's not us, it's you.

Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Twilight Princess is good, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Pac1Man wrote: »

I think its excellent personally.

The most impressive bit for me in the HD remake was the level of details in Kakariko Goods / Malo Mart!

The most impressive bit for me in the HD remake was the level of details in Kakariko Goods / Malo Mart!

I swore I wouldn't but I'm probably going to have to buy that remake at some point, to add to the other two I already have because LoZ.

I never managed to get my hands on the GC version, having plumped for the Wii version on release!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I never managed to get my hands on the GC version, having plumped for the Wii version on release!

Same here, but it took me ages to realise the map is reversed in the Wii U version!

That's the way it was originally designed, and it's like that in the GC version, with traditionally leftie Link. The Wii version is the flipped version, as most people are right handed, and would be holding the Wii remote in their right hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

The worst part is I knew all that by still didn't notice the map was flipped compared to the Wii version until I was fighting the boss of the 4th dungeon :D

I'm near the end now, it may not be the most original Zelda but it's still fantastic and some of the dungeons are so clever

A bit like Mario Sunshine, being one of the weaker ones still makes it better than everything anyone else has made.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

It's mirrored like the Wii version on Hero mode, fyi. I only copped it when my friend showed me his file on normal mode that Link was left handed and all the places I'm used to are flipped, well to me anyway. Only played the Wii version + Hero mode on Wii U >.>

The original TP was for the GC and Wii, with the whole game mirrored on the Wii to take into account that the Wiimote is in most people's right hand, so Links sword matches, even though he's a feckin' lefty.
    Rather than take the trouble to leave the landscape as it was and just mirror the character, they mirrored everything, so the Wii version actually features Eluryh rather than Hyrule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll read this on your next account - we figured out it was you quite a few days ago. We thought you might try and behave but sure enough, the same old argumentative shit-stirring rhetoric starts to spew forth (lighting up a big neon arrow over anything you post for the small handful of people who hadn't realised that you were back) and here we are again.

It's not us, it's you.

Go away.

Mr E, was Wright his old account? Very similar posting style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭orubiru

Pac1Man wrote: »

YES! It's actually a wonderful game. I can't imagine anyone who enjoys video games not enjoying this game.

Sure, it's not perfect but I'm not sure I could really name a "perfect" game.

Twilight Princess was created with a pretty clear vision of what they wanted to achieve and they succeeded. The HD update just adds a little bit of extra greatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

FINALLY finished this game, only took about 65 hours, unfortunately I forgot half of the story as I took a break for a good while.
    Great game, the world was hugh, although I wasn't in the proper frame of mind alot of the time and just wanted to get it finished so I could get on with my gaming life.

Now I'm off to play something that doesn't require thinking or using my brain very much and no Zelda till the breath of the wild releases.

Advertisement