Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Audrey_L wrote: »
    Ohhh where did you get them, have been looking all over for them!

Clerys had the Essence circus polishes when I was in about a week ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The only annoying thing about the Essence circus polishes is that they fall over really easily!

Wearing Butter London Victoriana today. it's SO pretty.

butter-london-victoriana-swatch-fall-2010-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Re: Butter London polishes...

Is it just me or do all Butter London polishes chip/peel super easily? I'm really frustrated that all of mine seem to have this problem... considering how expensive they are! But I am thinking it might just be my choice if base coat. I use some Sally Hansen one (not sure which one) that doubles as base/top coat. I use Seche Vite for the top coat. Any ideas? I was thinking of giving the Orly one that everyone raves about a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I can't recommend the Nails Inc Save the Nail 45 second dry top coat enough. Its amazing. When I use that I get a week out of any nail polish! I've found it seriously lengthens how long the polish stays good for even ones that I used to find would wear and flake after a few days. Its expensive stuff but worth it.

guys I forgot to ask where is the best place online to get Butter London polishes? I know you can get them in avoca but they don;t seem to have the fancier ones after seeing 'all hail the queen' and 'victoriana' here I need them! Can;t find any on ebay :(

• Advertisement

I discovered that there was a Sally Beauty Supply really close to me and I've never been in one before so I ran over to just check it out... I am so glad I did! Orly was 20% off so I got a couple... (I wish I knew how to re size pictures - sorry)

P2060015.JPG
    Purple Crush - what is purple about this?! It is a lovely hot pink, though!

1729617.JPG
    Green with Envy. I really wanted China Glaze Four Leaf Clover but these looked really similar and this one was on sale... soo.. yeah.

Orly-Wild-Wisteria.jpg
    Wild Wisteria - I was waffling on this one but I'm glad I got it now. Reminds me of grape popsicles.

China-Glaze-First-Mate-swatch.jpg
    China Glaze First Mate

DSC02373.JPG
    Finger Paint, Meet Me at the Met

And I got the Orly Bonder base coat to try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Wearing Barry M Raspberry. Bought it a while ago, first time using it and I love it! Not pink, not red, just lovely :)

Not my pic.
    024_108.JPG

Oh, I forgot to mention this! I found this in Superdrug in Tallaght before Christmas sometime and it was only 3.55!

20179.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Is it just me or do all Butter London polishes chip/peel super easily? I'm really frustrated that all of mine seem to have this problem... considering how expensive they are! But I am thinking it might just be my choice if base coat. I use some Sally Hansen one (not sure which one) that doubles as base/top coat. I use Seche Vite for the top coat. Any ideas? I was thinking of giving the Orly one that everyone raves about a try.

Have to say I find the quality of Butter polishes really good. Snog is one of my faves and I don't think I have ever had it chip on me! I use a variety of base and top coats, Sally Hansen, Nails Inc etc. The only BL Polishes I've had problems with are Victoriana and No More Waity, Katie. I think it's the glitter in them more liable to crack and peel off.

Sometimes the natural oils in your nails can make polishes chip easily. Give your nails a good wipe over with remover and try get a primer to dehydrate the nail.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Audrey_L

guys I forgot to ask where is the best place online to get Butter London polishes? I know you can get them in avoca but they don;t seem to have the fancier ones after seeing 'all hail the queen' and 'victoriana' here I need them! Can;t find any on ebay :(
    I get anyones i buy in Harvey Nichols in dundrum, they're down the back in the make up section and they're always up to date with colours! Hope this helps :D

• Advertisement

Thanks Dark Phoenix, dancingqueen and MissFlitworth for the advice, will be checking those places out for sure!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Zoya Petra - Kept getting bald spots so took ages to get right!

IMAG0830.jpg

Used Sally Hansen Insta Dri as a top cost - just as good as Seche Vite! Love it!

Also bought Essence Choose Me thanks to Twee and the Lovely Muffin! So pretty :)

China Glaze - For Audrey, with an accent nail done with some loose hexagonal turquoise glitter I got on eBay.

Without and with flash...

6705811439_ea413eba6f.jpg
    6705806811_6587e91e89.jpg

China Glaze - For Audrey, with an accent nail done with some loose hexagonal turquoise glitter I got on eBay.

Without and with flash...
    So nice, the accent is lovely. that has to be one of the polishes i want most right now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

nyDfL.jpg love polka dots :)

How cute are these!?! https://twitter.com/#!/ZooeyDeschanel/status/158689101028147200

LuxEffects_Line-1024x677.jpg
    Today I bought 2 polishes from Essie's Luxeeffects collection - Shine of the Times & A Cut Above (2nd and 3rd from the left).

Cos7i_16_large.jpg Tangerine Crush by L'Oreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I've been wearing Victoriana since Friday morning, and only have some minor tip wear so far :) Don't know about any of the others, but this one seems fine!

I got mine on beautymatters.ie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Chickenbutt those Essies are beautiful!!

I've been wearing Victoriana since Friday morning, and only have some minor tip wear so far :) Don't know about any of the others, but this one seems fine!

I think it must have been my base coat. I got the Orly Bonder one recently and it seems to work like magic for me! :)
    Twee. wrote: »
    Chickenbutt those Essies are beautiful!!

I know, they're so gorgeous! My favorite is the Shine of the Times, if you search for swatches of it it's lovely. ;) I think Inglot 202 is similar.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

photo-8.jpg

OPI Second Honeymoon and Barry M Mint Green. Was nice and bright out today so I decided I needed Spring nails.

• Advertisement

Sephora by OPI in Metro Chic with Rimmel Matte Top Coat
    Accent nail is done with Nails Inc Black Taxi and Sephora by OPI in Traffic Stopper Copper

6717585493_bf2213923a.jpg

6717585163_21690d4d1e.jpg

OPI Nicki Minaj - Glitter For Life. I am loving this its a sprakly gunmetal colour :)

DSCF2131.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

My half moon nails! The red is from Gosh Oh My Gosh- Bright Red and the white is from my nail art pens from work in Hamleys. This has brought back my love for half moons!!

Butter London's new range for SS 2012. I love them all :o

SS2012News1.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Have to get 'Knackered' - even if it's just for the name!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

So the spending ban isn't working out. I lasted a week. :rolleyes: :o Seriously though, I will go back on it, god knows I need too.

Sally Hansen - Berry Sweet

img1401ev.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

iron_mermaiden.JPG

Just picked this up today in pennys and so far I'm loving it,I keep looking at it because it keeps changing colour I needed at least two coats but it dries quickly so it wasnt any bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

iron_mermaiden.JPG

Just picked this up today in pennys and so far I'm loving it,I keep looking at it because it keeps changing colour I needed at least two coats but it dries quickly so it wasnt any bother.

whats the name of it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

My galaxy nails today!

shdO2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

OPI Nicki Minaj - Glitter For Life. I am loving this its a sprakly gunmetal colour :)

Do you mean Metallic 4 Life? I took it off on Sunday night. Was not fun! It is a beautiful colour though!

Advertisement