Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Holy shit! A good episode!

Jesus that finale was all over the place, but it was very entertaining. :)
    The ending was a bit deja-vu-ish though. How many seasons have ended with something similar? 3 or 4 now?

It was taken up a notch by David Costabile. Daniel Hardman was always a great character. I hope he pops up for the final season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That would have been a grand finish to the show, no need to add another series to it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just caught up with the S8 finale today. There's a good but spoilerish interview with creator Aaron Korsh here that covers the finale and discusses what's coming in final 10-part season 9 due later this year.

I personally think Samantha (Katherine Heigl) was the best thing about S8, with her complex back story coming to light. I think it's good that we're seeing major flaws in the characters. Harvey has had an extremely close call and his actions have had very serious consequences that he will be forced to face, and Donna is no longer skating lightly over proceedings.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Clareman wrote: »
    That would have been a grand finish to the show, no need to add another series to it

I thought it was the finish to the show. Is there another series?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought it was the finish to the show. Is there another series?

Yup, 9th and "Final" series is on the way

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/suits-renewed-season-9-final-season-1203115670/

"Suits Season 9 will kick off on Wednesday, July 17 with Pearson following right behind. According to USA, the final season of Suits will dig into the core characters' personal lives "more than ever before," which means that we'll be getting a full season of Donna (Sarah Rafferty) and Harvey (Gabriel Macht) after an eight-season wait."

https://www.tvguide.com/news/suits-season-9-premiere-date-pearson-series-premiere/

I can't think of a worse way for the show to go out. The legal storylines were always the best part of this show.

Hopefully Pearson will pick up the mantel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

Agreed. The little dips into their lives so far have been fairly weak and generally boring. Fine if you need a clip to the past to enhance an episode but noth8ng about this sounds appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

As far as I'm concerned the show ended with Season 8. I won't be torturing myself watching next season. I think it's been said here before that the last episode would have been a good way to wrap the whole thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,805 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

Just episode 5? Shame....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

See Mikes name being dropped a lot in the latest episode. I reckon he will make an appearance fairly soon. I'm glad it's coming to an end. The story-line has gone to the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The silence on here illuminates how little interest remains in the show.

Enjoyed the first two episodes somewhat but it's still beating the 'you'd never guess we were a lawfirm as we're never in court' drum which I think has lead to it being run down. It's all zero to argument in five seconds about something that's forgotten about not long after.

Hopefully the last few episodes can drum up a bit of excitement as I'll be watching regardless, but somewhat relieved that ifs being put out of its misery. Was such a great series when it focused on cases and Mike's ability (yeah, remember when that was a thing!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The silence on here illuminates how little interest remains in the show.

Enjoyed the first two episodes somewhat but it's still beating the 'you'd never guess we were a lawfirm as we're never in court' drum which I think has lead to it being run down. It's all zero to argument in five seconds about something that's forgotten about not long after.

Hopefully the last few episodes can drum up a bit of excitement as I'll be watching regardless, but somewhat relieved that ifs being put out of its misery. Was such a great series when it focused on cases and Mike's ability (yeah, remember when that was a thing!?)

Yeah, I think it should have ended when Mike and Rachel left. As you said, the whole appeal of the show was the cases and Mike's ability. Some shows just never are the same once a main character leaves. I know
    Mike
    is coming back for an episode so that's something

Yeah I watched the first one and it's just more of the same. I think it's going to be relegated to a background TV show to watch while I'm doing something else.

It's definitely past its prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭boosabum

And that is a shame as it really was must see TV for a few seasons.

The character arcs really took over the show without contributing any entertainment value.

The Harvey/Donna interactions in episode 2 made me want to puke

I still don't get how writers think the 'person shows up at a dramatic point in the argument to solve the problem with a bold statement arriving from thin air when someone clearly would have seen them' is a good narrative.

These people must walk like mice!

Watched the first 3 episodes and I really liked them. There's a lot I don't like, like the fact that none of the deals they're making make sense. And Harvey and Samantha are still going thundering into people's offices and getting slapped in the face with other half of the story.

But I love Fay Richardson. She's exactly the injection they were missing. I also really like Alex. When Louis stepped out from behind the counter :pac: :pac:

The humour is back. I love the banter with Harvey and Donna. I love how they've reeled the audience into how much they've missed by not getting together before now. All the while I was thinking Harvey needed a new Mike.. But all he needed was Donna :D

I really wish Louis had made a different decision though. That would have been really cool :D

I'm glad it's going out like this, with a bit of fun and everyone getting along.

I really can't stand Katrina Bennett. I'm not sure if it's deliberate but she is so incredibly wooden with brutal delivery of dialogue that it's so annoying when she's on screen. The less of her the better.

I also hate this Faye/Bar Association takeover nonsense. It just seems like they're pulling random problems out of their asses every week that Faye causes for random/leftfield motives (of any). I was hoping for one more proper run with Daniel Hardman after how last year ended but it seems as if this is heading for a whimper of an end.

Six episodes left though so fingers crossed they pull it together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭antimatterx

This has been my favourite show since I started watching it 5 years ago. I've watched it at least 10 times.

I'm going to be so sad when it ends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭antimatterx

This has been my favourite show since I started watching it 5 years ago. I've watched it at least 10 times.

I remember a time when it used to be good. I can certainly say I will never re-watch this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I remember a time when it used to be good. I can certainly say I will never re-watch this show.

I actually find there's very few weekly shows that really stand up to repeat viewing

Netflix/Amazon "season dumps" are worse as the continuing storylines mean you can't really just stick one on randomly.

It's great that the production values and writing has jumped significantly in the big shows of the last 2 decades, but these "season long movies" usually give horrible rewatch value

This episode is cringeworthy! Thought it would be decent when Mike came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I forgot how much I hate Mike.

Wait... So Mike comes back taunting Harvey into a fight... Harvey steps up and he and Samantha wipe the smirk of his face and he whines like a baby until Harvey agrees to a rematch? What a gobsh*te.

The whole Katrina/Brian love story is really annoying. Another background episode this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Amazing the amount of filler episodes in the final season of this show. Why do we give a **** about Katrina's new associate that we heard of first once earlier this season?

• Advertisement

Why do we give a **** about Katrina

Fixed your post. The most boring, inconsistent and hammed up character there is in Suits.

Advertisement