Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2014 ** NO TICKET DISCUSSION ALLOWED ** see new mod note

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

What's the story with Bonnie Tyler can't find her on clash finder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sir kipling

This may seem like a simpleton question I'm organising who I will be seeing and what stage there on but I have no idea where the Cosby Stage and Rankin woods are can someone please enlighten me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dixiechick88

This may seem like a simpleton question I'm organising who I will be seeing and what stage there on but I have no idea where the Cosby Stage and Rankin woods are can someone please enlighten me

Thanks

Take a look at the map, everything is labelled on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

^^^^^^^

Map attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sir kipling

Thanks lads I must have starred at that map for ages and was totally oblivious to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Oh the map of the 2013 site. Great....

Oh the map of the 2013 site. Great....

ah take your p*ssy knicker mood elsewhere - the poster who asked for it was happy enough.

Go get a hot water bottle and lie down Captain Buzzkill..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Sun's splitting the stones here in Dundalk and I'm heading to pick up my supplies and moonshine. There'll be no sleep tonight! Whaahoooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

What's Janis Joplin and chalis Chaplin campsite?

*Packs up his sh*t, gathers the 2013 map and heads off, hoping for the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Apparently volt have pulled out, my gf had booked a charger but was just emailed to say they wouldn't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nope, still last years

This years:

Electric-Picnic-2014-Sitemap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Apparently volt have pulled out, my gf had booked a charger but was just emailed to say they wouldn't be there.

Vodafone seem to be offering a free charge station.
    They have some times that are just for Vodafone customers but then times when it's for everyone too.

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/vodafonerechargetent12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

That free charge tent is always PACKED from my experience, massive queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Chic and SBTKRT is probably the only real annoying clash for me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Does anyone have a map of the gates/entrances....I've to go through gate 6 and I've no clue where that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Hopefully the tent will be bigger this year! Does anybody know how the Heineken Beer exchange fridge works?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Tommy54 wrote: »
    Hopefully the tent will be bigger this year! Does anybody know how the Heineken Beer exchange fridge works?

As far as I know they take any can of Heineken (whether it was bought on-site or not) and exchange it with a cold one.

As far as I know they take any can of Heineken (whether it was bought on-site or not) and exchange it with a cold one.

Perfect man thank you, do you know if they will store all of your cans?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

Am I right in saying that there is charge stations for phones in the campsites? Anyone who has been to Aldi lately, have you seen those portable chargers that people on this thread have mentioned or anyone know of a place I can pickup a cheap one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

belgowho wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that there is charge stations for phones in the campsites? Anyone who has been to Aldi lately, have you seen those portable chargers that people on this thread have mentioned or anyone know of a place I can pickup a cheap one?
    Yeah in Hendrix a thing like a lorry. 5er a charge, handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

The don't exchange cans. You drop your cans in and they count them taking your name, phone number and fingerprint. Then throughout the weekend you can go back and collect however many you like at a time using your scanned fingerprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭fafy

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    What's the story with Bonnie Tyler can't find her on clash finder

She's not on it currently.

She is playing the Electric Powerhouse Stage, (power ballads etc)which is run by Electric Ireland, it doesen't seem to be on any of the apps either:

Lineup For Electric Powerhouse
    https://www.powerballads.ie/line-up
    (stahe located near the cashpoints by Global Green)

She plays Saturday night at 7pm to 8pm.

Also missing from Clashfinder and all the APPS is the whole Mindfield Area, which has 6 plus tents in there, but probably left off due to space limitations.

Programme here:
    http://issuu.com/waltzerdesign/docs/mindfield-ep-14-programme12_issuu/0

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

baz2009 wrote: »
    That's what I thought, wouldn't have believed it if I didn't witness it myself. Happened to the two lads ahead of me in the queue on the Friday morning. I'll just put it into a plastic bottle myself I'd say, if nothing else, it'll speed up the queuing process!

That happened to a friend of mine last year on the Friday morning, we were near on the first ones there (queueing before 9), and probably the first to have something confiscated. Litre of vodka gone because it wasn't transferred at the bottle transfer station by a steward or some bollox.

If the security give me grief again this year I'll start a dirty protest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Yeah in Hendrix a thing like a lorry. 5er a charge, handy enough

There was one in Wilde too last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

That happened to a friend of mine last year on the Friday morning, we were near on the first ones there (queueing before 9), and probably the first to have something confiscated. Litre of vodka gone because it wasn't transferred at the bottle transfer station by a steward or some bollox.

If the security give me grief again this year I'll start a dirty protest

So if we see a fella covered in sh1t on our way in, we know it's you! As for on the way out, most people with be covered in god knows what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

This going in a certain gate business is news to me?! Are they strict on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

fafy wrote: »
    She's not on it currently.

She is playing the Electric Powerhouse Stage, (power ballads etc)which is run by Electric Ireland, it doesen't seem to be on any of the apps either:

Lineup For Electric Powerhouse
    https://www.powerballads.ie/line-up
    (stahe located near the cashpoints by Global Green)

She plays Saturday night at 7pm to 8pm.

Also missing from Clashfinder and all the APPS is the whole Mindfield Area, which has 6 plus tents in there, but probably left off due to space limitations.

Programme here:
    http://issuu.com/waltzerdesign/docs/mindfield-ep-14-programme12_issuu/0

Bugger she is clashing with Walking on Cars

do we have to go in certain gates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

_feedback_ wrote: »
    This going in a certain gate business is news to me?! Are they strict on it?

I doubt it, I am actually carrying out "official business" at the festival so I have to go to gate 6 for authorization, just don't know where it is?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement