Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For those about to chat...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

So I'm being picked up shortly to go to my Mum's and do my ice bucket challenge, after being nominated by my cousin yesterday. Could I not have done it then when it was sunny and not blowing a gale ffs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Best of luck Reiketsu! Mmmmm, brisk! :p

I squealed the whole way through :pac:. My cousin who nominated me is getting married in just over 4 weeks so she needs to watch out for her doing now (do people in the south even do this? haha!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm still infatuated with my beer, I keep going down to check on it every so often, listening outside the cupboard door for bubbling sounds :pac: I'm all proud and everything, I got a beer baby! :pac:

That bubbling is magic, almost hypnotic. Trying explaining that you like watching bubbles to anyone who doesn't brew and they'll think you're mad.

I have a weisse bier on at the moment and just took my first sample of it. Even though it's only been fermenting for 12 days it tastes amazing. Can't wait to see how it tastes when it is fully carbed.

This homebrewing stuff is totally addictive!

Addictive as hell! Already want to get a couple of new fermenters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Watching the Through The Never bluray again... Just 'cause...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Reiketsu wrote: »
    I squealed the whole way through :pac:. My cousin who nominated me is getting married in just over 4 weeks so she needs to watch out for her doing now (do people in the south even do this? haha!).

I was nominated yesterday, all my friends are doing it. I just donated extra money instead of doing it :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Morning everyone ;)

Awesome stuff ScienceNerd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My sister nominated me. I insisted that if I do it, I do it naked. My housemates refused to help me, so I compromised and wore boxers. 7:30 in the morning. Neighbours must think we are mental.

A Finnish colleague then informed me about Finnish laws regarding nudity. Apparently, laws were drafted in that gave residents the right to be naked in their front and back gardens, regardless of whoever was in sight. Also, if your property is adjoining a waterway, you are legally allowed to swim naked, even if a boat is going past.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Did it last night. Twas grand but perhaps all te alcohol running through my system helped with that

• Advertisement

Lovely weather today :D just gonna stay in get some pizza and garlic bread and do sweet **** all tonight :D

The dog is always sleepy when the weather is bad, but she's been cuddled up on my lap snoozing away for the past hour :) so adorable! :D

I was nominated yesterday, all my friends are doing it. I just donated extra money instead of doing it :p

I went ahead and did it because a great uncle of mine actually has Motor Neurone Disease so it's a cause close to my heart :). He was diagnosed 8 years ago now. I give to charities quite often at my own discretion but decided to properly get into the spirit of things for this one :D. Lots of my family did it for the same reason. Then you get people complaining about it being a trend...ffs, go away. Any trend that raises money for charity is a good one in my eyes!

The dog is always sleepy when the weather is bad, but she's been cuddled up on my lap snoozing away for the past hour :) so adorable! :D

What breed of dog do you have? :). We have a 10 year old white Boxer called Gizmo. She's an idiot :pac:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10557184_10152521792510020_5888907091430496774_n.jpg?oh=83c87387cb8473dca7912f0be828653b&oe=546D9812&__gda__=1416285094_ec1c72f97561602325839f569976235e

Cross between a beagle and a king charles, she's amazing :D

lG7hKZS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Grayditch wrote: »
    Decided to root out Rocksmith and give it another go :)

2014 or the original? I haven't played the original one but the 2014 is supposedly a massive improvement....

2014 or the original? I haven't played the original one but the 2014 is supposedly a massive improvement....

Oh the original, but I might look into picking the newer one up for cheap if I can find it. The whole having to run it to a different sound system to beat the lag was always a pain for me.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Oh the original, but I might look into picking the newer one up for cheap if I can find it. The whole having to run it to a different sound system to beat the lag was always a pain for me.

Yeah, any reviews I saw of the original that was the main gripe. We're using 2014 on Xbox and there's no lag at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Then you get people complaining about it being a trend...ffs, go away. Any trend that raises money for charity is a good one in my eyes!

Or the people who complain about it being a waste of water. It's Ireland ffs. There's water everywhere

Yeah, any reviews I saw of the original that was the main gripe. We're using 2014 on Xbox and there's no lag at all...

Oh, if they sorted that and I can just play through the TV with no lag, I'll definitely pick up the new one, cool :)

• Advertisement

Damnit, you guys are really tempting me to get Rocksmith! :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Me too :-D

In other news, now that we're not watching Supernatural constantly, myself and herself are watching some more anime again! Currently watching Tiger & Bunny and we're about 3/4ths through the show, it's fantastic! :D

Me too :-D

Do it!!!

I watched one episode of BoJack Horseman last night. I laughed a couple of times, but wasn't overly impressed.

Anyone got anything exciting on this weekend?

Never heard of BoJack Horseman, so googled it, and I think I'll have to give it a look! Something has to fill the gap until we get a second series of Rick & Morty

No plans for the weeknd here, might go to the cinema though. Sin City 2 ahoy!

Yeah, can't wait to see Sin City 2 meself but I think I'm going to vegitate this weekend, unless I can scrape up some cash to go see Karma To Burn on Sunday...

Or the people who complain about it being a waste of water. It's Ireland ffs. There's water everywhere

My problem with it was that a lot of thick c*nts were just pouring water on their heads to stick up a f*ckin' video on youtube with out even realising it was supposed to be raising money for anything....

Oh my god, Links - she is gorgeous! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh my god, Links - she is gorgeous! :D
    Yeah, she's a lovely dog :D

• Advertisement

Ah, she's just something else, such an amazing little dog, so bright and she's as gentle as anything. I love her to bits. :D

Her name is Kiki. Three guesses what she's named after :pac:

Advertisement