Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

Hello all! Long time lurker here so thought I'd introduce myself! I'm Jake and am an amateur compared to most on here, having only 2 tats (a dragon and a kanji symbol)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Hello, I'm also a newb. Bit pierced and tattooed :D I'm always on boards but finally got round to setting up an account :p
    Heya arm candy, welcome aboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Hi all,

Not sure if I've done this already but here goes... I have been posting on here for some time. My name's Gary from Waterford. 20 years old. Love all things to do with music, tattoo's and art. I have four tattoo's already (plenty more to follow :D). I have chinese symbols up my side and on my bicep. I have roman numerals on my right forearm and a koi fish on my left shoulder blade which was finished last 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 canadian exile

Hi I'm originally from Tipp but moved to Canada last year. Im booked in for my first tattoo here in edmonton at the end of the month ( had a month long wait for a consult and a two month wait for an appointment with the artist Andi Bolz she is unreal ). It still amazes me the totally non judgemental reaction that people have to ink over here just shows how backward and gombeen home can be. Anyway said just said I'd say hello as I'd like to get in touch with the inked community at home:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome to the good ship T&P folks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Howdy folks. Been in and out of boards for a while, never really posted anything before (Think this is my fifth in total). Anywho, have 3 tattoo's (Generic and obligatory small tribal like thing on left upper arm, 4 Nautical stars running down inside right forearm, and custom black and grey rose and stem with leaves on upper right arm to shoulder [Covering an old Egyptian Ankh/Yin-Yang], kudos to Brian in Wildcat). And tomorrow, booked in with the good man himself again for #4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just moved to Dublin and I'm looking to get a few small bits done.

I've two Korean symbols I want to get done on each wrist (two on each), and two small pieces of writing on my forearms just below the elbow - across the arm rather than wrist to elbow if you follow ("memento mori" on one, "ngi ne themba" on the other).

I've had Dublin Ink in Templebar recommended to me by a couple of people, as I'm getting are pretty basic I'm not hugely worried about what studio I go to, although obv a place with sound people would be nice to find for when I want to get more intricate stuff done.

Anybody got any opinions on Dublin Ink in general? Also rough estimates of the costs I'd be looking to pay would be appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 alabasterx

Hello all..
    I alabasterx, 28. I was new..
    have a 5 piercings, and 4 tattoos, and I plan to add my neck tattoo grey.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Posting here because have been seriously considering a tattoo for years now and have ventured in here for tips on where to go in Dublin...

I think I want a white tattoo. I think I want one of several symbols:
    1) 'Truth' and 'integrity" written on the inside of my middle fingers (lots of complications with this, fading, length of words etc)
    2) A circle with a hare in it (personal reason) or a celtic symbol such as a triple spiral but I think this one is gonna be too generic for my liking - on my wrist area.
    3) I'd love to find an appropriate place for a sword - I saw someone with this the length of their inner arm (elbow to wrist) and it struck me in its simplicity, but I want somewhere descreet and a "small" sword would be more of a pin and therefore missing the point methinks.

I quite like that white ink appears kind of like scarring and also <3 that it works better on pale skinned girls like mah self!

Will visit some tattoo shops in town, prolly temple bar and stephens green unless I get any v.specific recommendations and sit with it for a while to make sure it's right :)

Oh, also love the idea of getting the tattoos redone, esp if they're for "honour" or "integrity" - an annual reminder of what needs to be central in life.

Awesoem forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I think some of the white inks can go yellowish over time. That said I've white dots on my leg as part of a big piece and it's kept it's colour very well. I'd stay away from tattoos that aren't easy to hide for lots of reasons including work.

Wander around town, chat with the artists, look at portfolios and stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yep - gonna do that soon.
    Think I'll get "truth" and "light" but in Irish, on the inside of my fingers.
    I've drawn them on today, in work, in light green pen, just to see how it feels and how people react (to badly drawn pen, I know, but still... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mactastico

Hey everyone. My name is Jay and i'm brand new on this site. I'm a 25 year old Dub, fairly keen on this kinda stuff. I have 7 tattoos, and over the years I've had countless piercings, but right now i have 5.

Hoping to get some ideas for my next tattoo (sleeve), and offer any advice i can. Look forward to getting into this site, seems like a decent spot to be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 IamStupid..Not

Hello, my name's Megan, but please call me Megs! I'm very young compared to most of ye, I'm 15. :p I've been interested in bod-mods from an early age, think six years old, much to the frustration of my parents. I have five piercings, and eh, no tattoo's due to my young age.

Welcome along folks!

Just a quick word for Suaimhneach:
    ...'Truth' and 'integrity" written on the inside of my middle fingers (lots of complications with this, fading, length of words etc)
    There is no tattoo that will look good on any part of your fingers, as the ink will just fade and fall out and be patchy and generally awful looking in a very short time, so I would really recommend reconsidering this.

Yeah, was in Celestial Ring today and the girl (who's wrists were covered in white tattoos) basically said the same thing. Sorest part + most tattooists wont do it. But, she did have some on her fingers but had to get it redone several times. So, yeah, somewhere else.

Wrist area is goo generic. But, want it to be somewhere I see...

Also, revised my idea to "truth" and light", but in irish = "solas" & "firinee" (with a fada on the first i).

But if I cant find the right location I'll do someting else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah, was in Celestial Ring today and the girl (who's wrists were covered in white tattoos) basically said the same thing. Sorest part + most tattooists wont do it. But, she did have some on her fingers but had to get it redone several times. So, yeah, somewhere else.

Also, revised my idea to "truth" and light", but in irish = "solas" & "firinee" (with a fada on the first i).

Word to the wise, you can type a fada by pressing the "Alt Gr" button (right of the space bar) along with the vowel - just in case you didn't know :)

keane2097 wrote: »

Word to the wise, you can type a fada by pressing the "Alt Gr" button (right of the space bar) along with the vowel - just in case you didn't know :)

Thanks dude. Was actually on my work mac which is set to American... Don't have an alt gr ;) but, there are ways around this I was just being lazy. As a fluent speaker I really shouldn't be...!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Hi all!

New to boards and love the forum (tbh the only reason why I visit the site :)) fairly new to piercing aswell...well, that is to say when I was a teenager I had my tongue and bellybutton pierced but took them out. Somehow got bitten by the bug tho recently (have had my nipple, tragus and forward helix done in the last 3 months!) Would get something new every week if I could! Trying to decide what's next!! Because of my job the face is kinda off limits :( anyway, thought I'd make it official and register.
    Thanks,
    E

• Registered Users Posts: 19 canadian exile

Just a quick question I got my first tattoo on Friday afternoon and the scabs are already starting to fall off is this normal after 4 days or should it take longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Hi
    Am new here too. Have been lurking a while looking at all the fab tattoos. Have posted some pics on the I'll Show You Mine thread :D
    Am already planning for the next tattoos so am sure you will be hearing from me again soon...... :o)

Badgirl

• Advertisement

Welcome aboard new folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Spudy67

new to this site just sort of stumbled upon it. im 33 from dublin but living in donegal. ive got 20 tattoos covering most of my uper body, mostly on my chest and arms. everyone of my tattoos is like a remender of where i was when i got it and who i was with and where i was in my life at the time. ive prob spent in and around 2500 euros on ink and theres plenty more to come. my most favourite is my virgin mary of guadalupe on my stomach. 500 yo yos for that one. :D ill prob be on this part of the forum to be honest so ill chat laters!!

paul:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Spudy67

Just a quick question I got my first tattoo on Friday afternoon and the scabs are already starting to fall off is this normal after 4 days or should it take longer
    usually it takes longer but differnt people heal differntly, once you are cleaning it well and using proper cream AND DONT PICK THE SCABS you should be ok. but if ur in doubt just go back to who did it and have a chat with them. hope that helped.

paul:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Cannot remember if I've posted here before but ah well, I shall start now. Has a tad obsession with piercings :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

wahey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Got a tragus surface piercing today and love it so hoping it won't reject

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

hi im fairly new to this forum.I have 3 piercings in each ear nose lip bellybutton.I have four tattoos 3 of which are fairly big.They are located on my right calf left ankle lower back and the lower part of my left arm.All are tribal designs in black ink.I love tribal designs and all of my tattoos are custom design based on a reference i brought in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

viota wrote: »
    hi im fairly new to this forum.I have 3 piercings in each ear nose lip bellybutton.I have four tattoos 3 of which are fairly big.They are located on my right calf left ankle lower back and the lower part of my left arm.All are tribal designs in black ink.I love tribal designs and all of my tattoos are custom design based on a reference i brought in

Welcome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭shrubs

Is it weird that neither of mine ever scarred?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Hi:D
    Im a n00b to this but a long long long time lurker... Ive spent many hours poring everyone's gorgeous tattoos in "Ill show you mine if you show me yours" much to my rents annoyance:rolleyes:. Due to the age, (seventeen), I dont have any tattoos but hopefully my plans will come to fruitation over the next few years:p

Advertisement