Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Blisterman

50 Shades of Gay!

Got it 10 seconds after posting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is this edited?

If not what ep is it from?
    Bluesteel7 wrote: »
    nuGYP.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I've used duct tape before several times and dont remember it being that explosive. :p

LordSmeg wrote: »
    I've used duct tape before several times and dont remember it being that explosive. :p

I had a bad experience once. :pac:

Obviously if the explosion isn't real it must have been set up to go off in the water when it went up the ramp. That is, unless it isn't real?

CMpunked wrote: »
    I had a bad experience once. :pac:

Obviously if the explosion isn't real it must have been set up to go off in the water when it went up the ramp. That is, unless it isn't real?

Looks like a blooper where the guy lost the roll of duct tape and it went down the ramp into the water and someone added an explosion for effect.

Myth: This gif is real - BUSTED !!

• Advertisement

Yeah, i'd say it isn't real. But doesnt answer the question of what the episode is.
    I like mythbuster episodes with ramps and large bodies of water. (as well as all the other stuff too, of course.)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would you please explain that one for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

loremolis wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would you please explain that one for me?

On You Laugh You Lose...dan185 Lost...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Profiler wrote: »
    On You Laugh You Lose...dan185 Lost...

Still not getting it.

If everyone posted "Saw funny pic, Loses" everytime they laughed at a pic here then there would be 3,000 posts for every funny pic.

Sorry for the chat, cool cake though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80021004&postcount=2995

why is this gif funny or what's the point of it?

• I think it's more that it's impressive than anything else. Can we rename that thread to something like Random GIF thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows where I can find an awesome simpsons image I saw once on YLYL, it was a huge reel of simpsons frames and the movies/scenes they were paying homage to. This recent post reminded me of it

Some gifs and images of that description.

Not sure if there were the ones posted here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Nice, yeah it was just like that second collection, only much bigger! That'll do though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I have seen this same Simpsons background used before, so can anyone explain why this picture in the Photoshop thread seems to be so popular. :confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80081557&postcount=6

mongoman wrote: »
    I have seen this same Simpsons background used before, so can anyone explain why this picture in the Photoshop thread seems to be so popular. :confused:

Because its a classic simpsons scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

You know as long as I've been on Boards I've never seen a reason for no quoting pics?

Why not?

Is it just for the tedium of having to scroll through a repeat or....?

It's not all that often a post is quoted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

I presume taking up needless server space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Elmidena wrote: »
    I presume taking up needless server space
    But does it since it's only quoted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

WAT

callaway92 wrote: »
    WAT
    I presume you've never played? When the Witch catches up to you she incapacitates you and then gets on top til you're dead :P

It just clutters the thread, no other reason for it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But does it since it's only quoted?

Yes, because it has to display the image again. Which also makes pages take longer to load. Which also makes pages longer. And people then have to scroll past the quoted image when there is really no need for an image to be quoted in the first place (and some images can be quite long). And then some people might quote a whole post with loads of pictures when they're only replying to one of the pictures.

It's just good practice to not quote pics. Changing it to a link or a quick note about what the image was is a lot tidier and helps to keep the flow of the thread going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Because users want to see plenty of funny pics and not some dipsticks having a lengthy discussions over three pages on the finer points of some pic someone posted.
    And because them's the rules and puppies who soil the carpet despite being told not to do so will be pushed out the door.

• yV0V4.gif

Can someone explain this to me? Is it that they're mother/daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The massive difference in complexity of routine. 56 years ago, it was basically just up an over the vault. Now it's all twisting somersaults and other fancy things to win gold.

Shatstand wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Marie
    I don't get it =s

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Elmidena wrote: »
    I don't get it =s

She's from Breaking Bad. Her husband is always saying it to her. Although not enough that I'd ever imagine anyone would go to the trouble of photoshopping a pic like that, but... yeah.

• Advertisement

Cheers dude =D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement