Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

SquadAug2012.jpg
    Tactics2012.jpg
    MagriAug2012.jpg
    GrantAug2012.jpg
    VineAug2012.jpg
    WebsterAug2012.jpg

So this is my team at the start of the Season, will update in January,

Also here's the finance screen, See how screwed i am

FinanceAug2012.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

allanb49 wrote: »
    Also here's the finance screen, See how screwed i am

Bank loans are crippling you... you'll get one of them outta the way next year but jesus, shoe string doesn't even do your finances justice. Loan signings will be your saving grace, though I can imagine not many fancy going to Pompey :/

You'll do well to keep them in the Championship, shrews signings will move you up the league... you might well be floundering in those depths for a few years, at least until you're in the black. Can't quite make out the details in the finance page, but I think those loans finish in 2015, its certainly not impossible. Cup run here and there will boost the coffers. Hope you're in it for the long haul, like to see you get promoted :)

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Bank loans are crippling you... you'll get one of them outta the way next year but jesus, shoe string doesn't even do your finances justice. Loan signings will be your saving grace, though I can imagine not many fancy going to Pompey :/

You'll do well to keep them in the Championship, shrews signings will move you up the league... you might well be floundering in those depths for a few years, at least until you're in the black. Can't quite make out the details in the finance page, but I think those loans finish in 2015, its certainly not impossible. Cup run here and there will boost the coffers. Hope you're in it for the long haul, like to see you get promoted :)

ah thats the fun part,

Since i'm in administration i can't buy players

or sell them :P

2012-03-16_00001.jpg

8 Games in and won 7 of them,

Still in relegation zone due to the -10 point deduction,

Had i not had that i would of been in the top 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just after taking the Ireland job while remaining as Rovers manager. Its my first time trying international management in fm12 but i have never been really good at it. But my first match against Malta I had my biggest win ever in club or international management 11-0 against Malta!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Calm down, it's Malta! :p hardly world beaters lol

Ha ha still pretty happy with the score. Less happy when I found out there was about a hundred places between us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Season One:
    Started in Blue Sq Premier and media prediction was fifth
    I won it :cool:
    Pablo Conuago picked up for free, banging in the goals
    James Galpin, young Scottish keeper became my starter, another free player

Season Two
    Up to Division Two and finished tenth when I was expecting to battle against relegation.
    My squad depth was razor thin and I was in the playoffs in March but fell away
    Not bad at all ;)

Season Three
    Finish in twelth in Division Two, ok, ok.
    My three top strikers all retired.

Season Four
    I'm struggling badly and in the relegation zone

The lack of money is annoying me.
    The season ticket sales are up but I'm still broke and I have the lowest salary budget in the league
    I'm finding young gems mainly from Ireland the team should stay up but christ, I'm not a miracle worker :o
    Get me a proper salary budget

I'm stony broke, my players are not worth a whole lot and even if I sold one my team is in debt most of the season.

Also I employ seven scouts but they are on amateur contracts
    However my club spend over two million a year on scouting services
    Where is my two million going? :eek:

I assume it's the cost of sending them out scouting instead of their actual wage?

In that case I'm going to have to let them go. They must have been staying in posh hotels, charging champagne to the club and racking up the expenses :mad:

For two million a year I could clear my debt

Thanks

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    In that case I'm going to have to let them go. They must have been staying in posh hotels, charging champagne to the club and racking up the expenses :mad:

For two million a year I could clear my debt

Thanks

Let a couple of them go but not all, and see if it makes much difference. If so, you know they are greedy feckers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've got a player with a global ban until the second of August 2012. It's only November 2011 yet! Wonder what he did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've got a player with a global ban until the second of August 2012. It's only November 2011 yet! Wonder what he did!

Screenshot?

busyliving wrote: »
    Screenshot?

423813_10151397169855307_494665443_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

423813_10151397169855307_494665443_n.jpg

What's his name? Google him :)

aaronh007 wrote: »
    What's his name? Google him :)

Joao Meira. I did that already and nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

He was banned for 8 months after a positive drug test. He was taking something that burns fat, but can also mask other drugs.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    He was banned for 8 months after a positive drug test. He was taking something that burns fat, but can also mask other drugs.

How did you figure that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

How did you figure that out?

Nothing is likely to show up for a Portuguese 2nd division player if you search google.ie or .com. Search google.pt and stuff will though ;).

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Nothing is likely to show up for a Portuguese 2nd division player if you search google.ie or .com. Search google.pt and stuff will though ;).

The second result on that is "joao meira doping" :D

Nicely done!

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I assume it's the cost of sending them out scouting instead of their actual wage?

That was it
    My fault for not checking expendiure

Seven scouts on the payroll but they were on amateur contracts. I had them working on the FÁS internship scheme, free labour :pac:

But over 150K a month in scouting costs :eek:.
    How??? That has to be a bug

I played four seasons and wondering why I was always broke and I had the lowest wage budget in League Two and struggling on

I sacked six of them, kept one and boom, my finances improve and I'm breaking even every month

Must be a bug. How on earth can I spent 150K a month on scouting yet my wage budget for players was 60K or so a month, I'm assuming four weeks in a month here.
    I'm not allowed to trek far away, they were Uk and Ireland

Close to two million a year crippled my plucky Cambridge United

And I was like John Neary from the central bank, light touch regulation and I never looked at expenditure :rolleyes:

Half Way point and looking good i think,

Still heavily in debt, No funds to buy players and still 40k over budget,

Though i am now down 4 players and using my u18s more and more,

Also in the semi final of the league cup with a 1-1 away draw to qpr second leg next week

2012-03-19_00003.jpg
    2012-03-19_00002.jpg
    2012-03-19_00001.jpg

And finally some good news

2012-03-19_00004.jpg

So quick update,

In the League cup final with Wolves after beating Liverpool and Arsnal somehow,

Playing the game tonight after work

In a playoff position but my 2 right wingbacks are injured now, and i have no cover

If i hadn't gotten the deduction i'd be at the very top of the league still only 10 points off and its only feb

Managed to get a few loan signings but will have to overhaul the entire team next season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Feck me I've beaten Barca and Man U to reach the CL final against Ajax!

Thats unreal considering some of the players I have compared with theirs
    And I'm on my 3rd transfer embargo cos the owner is trying to sell the club!

Newcastle win in Champions Cup Semi Final
    Newcastle are through to the Final on away goals after a 4 - 4 aggregate draw with Man Utd at Old Trafford.
    Reaching this stage of the competition must surely go down as a triumph for the English league leaders as they have easily surpassed the low expectations held about their chances.

David Ospina
    Sébastien Corchia
    Jan Vertonghen
    Gabriel Silva
    Fabricio Coloccini
    Yohan Cabaye
    Andile Jali
    Xherdan Shaqiri
    Willian
    Nicolás Gaitán
    Wilfried

Finished the season 2022 with a treble. The premier league was a bit touch and go with Liverpool leading the way for long parts of the season only to mess up their final run in of games. Then Spurs over took them and looked to come out of nowhere to steal the league from both Rovers and Liverpool with the crown being decided on on the final day of the season and who was I playing against?? None other than Spurs!

Below is the game between me and spurs followed by the final table. Below that is the FA Cup final against Chelsea and below that the Champions League final against Manchester City.

Soler was once again the player of the season. He is worth 35 million now having bought him for 4 million last season!!

woahmama.jpg

2022.jpg

facup22.jpg

CL22.jpg

jjsol22.jpg

Well here we are, last game of the season, I've climbed to second place 1 Point behind Burnley,

Fingers crossed they lose or draw and i win,

Also won the league cup against Wolves :)

Pics below

2012-03-25_00001.jpg
    2012-03-25_00002.jpg
    2012-03-25_00003.jpg
    2012-03-25_00004.jpg

Squad for the final game

2012-03-25_00005.jpg

2012-03-25_00007.jpg
    2012-03-25_00008.jpg
    2012-03-25_00009.jpg