Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well it's been a crazy day alright, went to the shops to get some pancake mix came home instead with
    KingKong PS2
    Star Wars episode III PS2
    SuperMonkey Ball Deluxe PS2
    All for €5
    The missus went mad though cos I never got any pancake mix:(

Who needs pancakes when there's SuperMonkey Ball Deluxe? It's a no brainer if you ask me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

EnterNow wrote: »
    Who needs pancakes when there's SuperMonkey Ball Deluxe? It's a no brainer if you ask me :pac:

Correct Monkeyball is far more important.
    As for the pancake mix "she" has gone to the shops now to get it:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Correct Monkeyball is far more important.
    As for the pancake mix "she" has gone to the shops now to get it:pac:

She's going to come home with a load of makeup and no pancake mix just to spite you now, isn't she? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

o1s1n wrote: »
    She's going to come home with a load of makeup and no pancake mix just to spite you now, isn't she? :pac:

Thats exactly what I expected but true to her word she got the pancake mix and now I'm reaping the rewards:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thats exactly what I expected but true to her word she got the pancake mix and now I'm reaping the rewards:p

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got these two today..

Maybe later ill finally find out how the 3 shells work :pac:

IMG_6145.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Does the hanging tag on the Demolition Man do the recently discovered clicky thing when folded down?

Ha, I just checked there and this one doesnt have the little thing to hold it down. must check my other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Anyone remember my in-complete Zelda collection from last week?

Check out what I missed by 10minutes on Adverts.ie:
    http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/gameboy-advance-games/487630

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Does the hanging tag on the Demolition Man do the recently discovered clicky thing when folded down?

I found a game earlier today with that little piece of plastic (I think it was Comix Zone)..ironically, some moron had cut the hanging tag off!

• Advertisement

Sonic 3 has it i just checked there, and some other game i have but have instantly forgotten between my games room and bed room lol. Both have that blue style box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My Datel Gamebooster arrived for the N64 today. Works fine but that god damn song it plays all the time is driving me mad.

dsc3331s.jpg

Master of the Universe

One problem with the Gamebooster is that it doesn't play any sounds from the Game Boy game in play, instead plays a tune over and over, being one of the main problem with the game cartridge.

Hahahaha!

For that reason alone I want one. Sounds too odd to be true.

One problem with the Gamebooster is that it doesn't play any sounds from the Game Boy game in play, instead plays a tune over and over, being one of the main problem with the game cartridge.

Hahahaha!

For that reason alone I want one. Sounds too odd to be true.

Haha I wanted one until I heard that....f*** that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Found this vid on youtube. This is the music it plays and plays and plays and plays.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I'm pretty sure that poster came with Megadrives..but I'm not 100% sure. Recently enough I got my hands on a lovely CIB Megadrive and that poster was under the cardboard. I think it had been there all these years and nobody had found it. The thing is mint.

Which reminds me, I really have to frame that poster!

Were those posters only enclosed with the console or did you get some inside game cases too? While looking at this clip phenomenon I noticed a few of these posters inside some games. Found an Eternal Champions one and a couple of the Sonic ones, the US version of the Sonic looks nicer, in-game pics on the back rather than artwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

These are the latest additions to the family, the bad news is that I had preordered Death Smiles but my 360 died before I got a chance to play it:mad:. Don't know if its worth trying to fix it or not.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Were those posters only enclosed with the console or did you get some inside game cases too? While looking at this clip phenomenon I noticed a few of these posters inside some games. Found an Eternal Champions one and a couple of the Sonic ones, the US version of the Sonic looks nicer, in-game pics on the back rather than artwork.

Now that you mention it, I do remember there beong a poster with Eternal Champions.

Is this the poster you found in the games?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/SONIC-HEDGEHOG-INC-POSTER-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-COMPLETE-/360327540664

So I guess it did come with Sonic..the people who found two must have gotten one in Sonic and then one in the Megadrive box too.

Now that you mention it, I do remember there beong a poster with Eternal Champions.

Is this the poster you found in the games?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/SONIC-HEDGEHOG-INC-POSTER-SEGA-MEGA-DRIVE-COMPLETE-/360327540664

So I guess it did come with Sonic..the people who found two must have gotten one in Sonic and then one in the Megadrive box too.

Sorry I meant the poster was of Eternal Champions, can't find what game it was inside now. Yep that's the Sonic poster alright, actually have 3 of them it seems, 2 PAL and one US. The US one has a different back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well there was a poster and full colour manual with the special edition of eternal chamions, and some card thing aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

I just won an ebay a boxed Glacier Game Boy Advance (the clear/blue one) with 6 boxed Japanese games which are -

1. Advance GT 2 (Boxed W/Manual)
    2. F-Zero (Boxed W/Manual)
    3. Super Street Fighter Revival II (Boxed)
    4. Tekken Advance (Boxed W/Manual)
    5. Rockman EXE Battlechip GP (Boxed W/Manual)
    6. Crash Bandicoot Advance 2 - Gurugurusaimin Dai Panic (Boxed W/Manual)

All for around €30 delivered, I think thats an ok deal!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140518781221&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

5510763822_4abde9af56.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 23.29.48 by evanSpiddal, on Flickr

5510796002_c96da02a06.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 23.36.35 by evanSpiddal, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I've always liked the wider japanese boxes, street fighter and megaman look awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭DickyC

Why is Japanese cover art so much nicer.

Well there was a poster and full colour manual with the special edition of eternal chamions, and some card thing aswell

Pah, ignore my ramblings, the EC poster was inside Sub-Terrania, there was no US version of the sonic poster, blind I am. :)

Lovely haul there evan, those game boxes look great!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Pah, ignore my ramblings, the EC poster was inside Sub-Terrania, there was no US version of the sonic poster, blind I am. :)

Lovely haul there evan, those game boxes look great!

:D Thanks, thought it was a good deal alright, hopefully everything arrives as nice as they look in the photos!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I went through my collection of meg games , didnt find the sonic one , but the monaco gp one did turn up
    f_243802.jpg
    infideals have a few of them btw(which is where I nicked the pic :))

I went through my collection of meg games , didnt find the sonic one , but the monaco gp one did turn up
    f_243802.jpg
    infideals have a few of them btw(which is where I nicked the pic :))

How d'ya think I discovered Infideals...yee can all thank my Sonic poster ;):pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got Wonderboy in MonsterLand for around 14 posted from fleabay, hopefully arrive next week.
    Getting on a bit of a MD buzz lately.
    Want Batman Returns for my Snes though....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Got Wonderboy in MonsterLand for around 14 posted from fleabay, hopefully arrive next week.
    Getting on a bit of a MD buzz lately.
    Want Batman Returns for my Snes though....
    was it Wonder Boy in Monster World? the megadrive one(with a rubbish SMS port)?.. or Wonder Boy in Monster Land (the WB sequel which was in the arcades and had quite a decent SMS port?)

• Advertisement

Well, its the followup to Wonderboy III, and that I also have.
    Looks like fun, it'd be cool to find a repro of Wonderboy VI with the english translation, is it anywhere I wonder?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement