Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enniscorthy Town - Anyone got anything positive to say?

• 23-06-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, Have read the thread, well most of it about Enniscorthy Town on boards and need to ask if anyone has anything positive to say about the place? I've placed a booking deposit on an apartment near the Riverside court hotel, to live in and from what I'm reading I'm getting worried.. Advice would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

It's not Rathkeale.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mead

Hi, Have read the thread, well most of it about Enniscorthy Town on boards and need to ask if anyone has anything positive to say about the place? I've placed a booking deposit on an apartment near the Riverview court hotel, to live in and from what I'm reading I'm getting worried.. Advice would be appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TRADES SUPPLY AVAILABLE

Unfortunately not !!! Id ask for your deposit back....

Really that bad? Am in Wicklow, contracts haven't been signed but booking deposit paid. I saw the photos of the floods last night here on a post last year, more worried about the anti social aspect, as the the health board (care doc) is just around the corner from the apartment, thanks for replying

Really that bad? Am in Wicklow, contracts haven't been signed but booking deposit paid. I saw the photos of the floods last night here on a post last year, more worried about the anti social aspect, as the health board (care doc) is just around the corner from the apartment, thanks for replying

• Advertisement

I sent you a private message, as I wouldn't like to offend anyone from Enniscorthy!!,,, There is good and bad wherever you go!!,,,,

Thank you, new here, trying to edit a post and it posted it twice.. will get there ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

There's no hotel in the town called the Riverview Court - sure you in the right place?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

It's not Rathkeale.

Hope that helps.

But getting nearer to it by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I do, grew up in the town and still a great town, it's going through a tough time like many towns at the moment, but the people are great.

Sports:
    If you are into sports lots of great clubs in the town, Rugby club is great and won a major trophy this year. Lots of soccer clubs, golf club has a really nice course and good membership. Not sure about GAA but it seems to have strong membership. Tennis club is also really good.

Pubs:
    My favourite pubs are stamps, the antique and rackards, trad music different nights of the week.

Food:
    I like via veneto and Mick Wallaces place on the key. The Indian on Rafter st is really nice but takes a long time to cook. Thai is nice in Treacys too. 2 great chippers in the town too, Mallochas and Tonys.

Other activities:
    Running club, cycling club, photography society, poker and other card games in golf club and other places different nights of the week.

Shopping:
    This is the part of the town that has suffered the most in the last 5-7 years, there is a few sprouts of hope though, I hear dealz is opening soon and other units around the square are going to be rented soon. There are 5 supermarkets in the town too which is a bit much but hey theres a choice.

The town itself is really scenic, lovely really long walk along the prom for miles. The still pond is nice too for picnic or just stopping on a walk. As with any town, it is what you make of it, if you go out and make an effort you will reap the benefits.

A lot of people on this forum are hyper negative about the town, and its easy to pick out flaws, but its harder to be part of the community and make things better.

• Advertisement

Sorry yes the apartments are called Riverview Court, hotel next to it the Riverside park.

Twonk... you must work for the tourist board !! He he .. (not being judgmental, just a lighthearted joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

The road out of it is ok to be fair :)

@Trades supply no private message received, only the one welcoming me to boards from last night. Maybe just cause I'm new perhaps restricted till a certain amount of posts? Thanks Twonk, it's just to live there, have a back injury from my last job, so won't be doing much. just wondering how safe the area, is as you've probably guessed I'm female!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

@TSA, haha not tourist board but do like the town I grew up in.

@Mead, town is pretty safe, I never had anything bad happen to me, although there can be fights etc outside benedicts and one or two of the pubs on friday/saturday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The town is ok,no better or worse than anywhere else of it's size,most of the negativity in the other thread is to do with the retail side-too few own too many of the premises and guard them jealously,the rest is the usual complaints and quibbles you see about any town.

Thanks Guys, I think I will go ahead with the apartment, it doesn't have to be, somewhere to live for the rest of my life, just a home for now. Maybe see you some time out, but usually keep to myself. Please do if you have time, write a few lines on where to avoid. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mead wrote: »
    Thanks Guys, I think I will go ahead with the apartment, it doesn't have to be, somewhere to live for the rest of my life, just a home for now. Maybe see you some time out, but usually keep to myself. Please do if you have time, write a few lines on where to avoid. thanks.

Probably nicer apartments available elsewhere in the town,that area is prone to flooding.

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/13-Birchgrove-Bohreenhill-Enniscorthy-Co-Wexford/1545717/

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Shingan-Milehouse-Road-Enniscorthy-Co-Wexford/1540865/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Corvo

It certainly wouldn't be my kettle of fish, but like most area's it has it's good and bad. Perhaps Enniscorthy just has more bad. Its the large congregation of the travelling community which would keep me away from it, though I find they are polluting the town I'm from even more and more now also, especially on Monday (funnily enough).

Personally, I'd stay away. Nothing in Enniscorthy you can't find elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I don't think you will find it that bad at all, like most have said good/bad in every town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 chiurce

It's a bleak town. Little employment opportunities, no good shops. Why Enniscorthy?

Thanks for all the replies, apologies about the repeated posts, will try find how to tidy them up. Honestly, originally it was the selling price, family home for sale here, to be split between siblings, so can't afford to buy where I live, the apartment looked in good nick, surveyors report came back quite good but it did go over a substantial amount of the original asking price - still investors out there, who kept upping the price, hope it's not some type of consortium driving prices up...

Advertisement