Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fitting Carpet On Wooden Floor

• 15-11-2013 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

I need to fit a carpet to a room that has varnished floorboards in it.

I want to prevent it from slipping and sliding on the floor.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

Would the underlay and grips not hold it in place? I doubt that you want to lay the carpet without underlay. And the grips go around the perimeter of the room

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

I doubt that you want to lay the carpet without underlay

dont i??? Lol sorry Im a novice to this. So i take it I will need underlay..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If its your own home, buy good quality underlay as it will last a lot longer and wont need changing when you decide to change the carpet in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Thanks for the advice folks. Will go in search of some tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Hi. I had to put down 2mm hardboard on top of my floor boards before putting down underlay and carpet. My boards were particularly uneven but it made a real difference. Hardboard is about €7 per 8ft x 4ft sheet. Spray the sheets with water the day before fitting and put them in the room to allow to acclimatise. Ask in the hardware what type of nails to use. Think they're called hardboard nails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 stuartkweston

If you have a wooden floor and you wish to flaunt it , I would prefer you to go for rugs . Many commercial rugs, custom rugs etc, Are available these days .

Advertisement