Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

shower doors

• 20-11-2013 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

Looking for a shower door on a budget.
    Anyone come across somewhere they can be gotten at a budget price?

Most places Ive seen are well up there in cost,

Id go for a clean secondhand one, but if I can get a new one as cheap then Id probably take that option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

cerastes wrote: »
    Looking for a shower door on a budget.
    Anyone come across somewhere they can be gotten at a budget price?

Most places Ive seen are well up there in cost,

Id go for a clean secondhand one, but if I can get a new one as cheap then Id probably take that option.

What's your size and price? Quad or corner entry? 800 or 900?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

What's your size and price? Quad or corner entry? 800 or 900?
    tray is probably an 800, but wall tile to tile its 750, just a single side, ie the door, need to be a folding door inwards as the space available is so small, price, as low as possible, colour, white or bare metal look, no other colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

cerastes wrote: »
    tray is probably an 800, but wall tile to tile its 750, just a single side, ie the door, need to be a folding door inwards as the space available is so small, price, as low as possible, colour, white or bare metal look, no other colours.

So it's just an actual door? You have 3 walls? 760 is the smallest im aware of but probably will have 10mm tolerance either way. Avoid second habd though. Ive found the seals with them cam be dodgy and tje rollers particularly on the cheaper ones can give up after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I bought this one recently

Cheap and cheerful - similar set up to yourself -- it is in a small en-suite in a spare room - no heavy trafic
    The 750 adsusts 735~771mm
    i dont think you will get much cheaper

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Shower-Enclosure-Walk-In-Bifold-Glass-Door-Screen-Cubicle-Panel-Stone-Tray-/180977913186?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭redser7

Just wondering if these worked out ok? Nice price and thinking of getting pivot door myself.

• Advertisement

Yes , so far .. In about 16 months but prob only used 10 times in that period

Yes , so far .. In about 16 months but prob only used 10 times in that period

Personal hygiene isn't big on your agenda then :)

Thanks a lot! Lots of positive reviews on their site, glad to have found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Got a pivot door recently from Kristal shower doors
    shopped around and got a deal in a place in Carlow
    Prices can vary from place to place up to about €50
    I would go new as you never know what you get 2nd hand

Thanks a lot Lex. I'll check them out.

redser7 wrote: »
    Personal hygiene isn't big on your agenda then :)

Thanks a lot! Lots of positive reviews on their site, glad to have found it.

:)

They are off bedrooms in the east wing -- only used on very special occasions ......

• Advertisement

We're putting one in for the corgis

Advertisement