Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

24 hr internet cafe in Limerick City?

• 23-08-2009 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, i know there was a thread about internet cafes in Limerick City but it was from 3 years ago and I dont think any mentioned were 24 hours.

Anyway, that's what I'm looking for 24 hour internet cafes.

Also, this may sound stupid please forgive my ignorance regarding computers but i have a laptop, if there are no all night cafes, is there somewhere i could go where i could connect my laptop to a free wireless connection for the public. If a hotel has wireless would i have to be a guest there to set up a connection to it? Arghh sorry this prob sounds real stoopid but I'm desperate.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Personally if im at a loose end between calls for work I pull in to the topaz station near thomand park. Free internet and great food. Signal reaches the end of the carpark so can work from there. No codes needed for access. Great Idea to attract people in.
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Most Mcdonalds have free wi-fi, think the one out by Storm cinema opens pretty late, at least it used to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nunki

Oh thankyou so much to the both of ya! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

krudler wrote: »
    Most Mcdonalds have free wi-fi, think the one out by Storm cinema opens pretty late, at least it used to

You need a 30 minutes eircom card which you get from the cashier. Shannon is the only one which is still unsecured for some reason. All McD's Limerick are locked out as I have tried them all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Berty wrote: »
    You need a 30 minutes eircom card which you get from the cashier. Shannon is the only one which is still unsecured for some reason. All McD's Limerick are locked out as I have tried them all.

been in shannon one last week and it was definitely secured.

OP: if there's a wifi spot on most of eircom booths, most hotels have wifi available for free (eh the Absolut)

Advertisement