Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blood testing allergies... How to eat - no egg or wheat or cows milk?

Options
  • 27-06-2014 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Anyone got some suggestions for me... Have been very ill for a while with food related issues. Had tried different eliminations and finally had blood tests (this thread is not about going into the rights or wrongs or bloods though please... Also had kineseaology and the results did match).

What I'm wondering is wtf I can eat? I'm not allergic to gluten (had been tested for coeliac a few years ago, along with scoping for ulcers and other problems). The real problem foods are egg whites, wheat and corn ... And oranges!

Anyone got suggestions for breakfast especially? I can eat oats, some slight intolerance to several types of nuts apparently so there goes my homemade granola for the moment. But what do I eat my oats with?

I'm going to try a 3 month elimination on specifics that have been identified and then see how I'm doing. Would love some suggestions... I can do salad and meat, or general carb free dinners anyway, and lunch should kind of be ok, and I can fruit and veg snacks ;) it's not the end of the world but would LOvE some help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

If you're not already - keep a food diary ? there is online ones and apps so you saves you carrying around stuff

if you look back over it after a few weeks/months you might notice stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Anyone got some suggestions for me... Have been very ill for a while with food related issues. Had tried different eliminations and finally had blood tests (this thread is not about going into the rights or wrongs or bloods though please... Also had kineseaology and the results did match).

What I'm wondering is wtf I can eat? I'm not allergic to gluten (had been tested for coeliac a few years ago, along with scoping for ulcers and other problems). The real problem foods are egg whites, wheat and corn ... And oranges

I have a few suggestions. I won't go in the rights of (applied?) kinesiology or alternative blood tests for food allergies, because there are none. You say you've been tested for coeliac and ulcers and I presume you got the all clear. If the real doctors thought there was any other real food related issues they would have got them checked out for you too.

The fact that you ignored real medicinal advice and went to a quack, and that you fact that you opened this thread by saying you don't want this to be about whether the tests were right or wrong, you just want to be told about how to get over your allergy from oranges etc means you didn't come for advice, you came for affirmation, you don't want to face facts.

If you do what the quack tells you by cutting out egg whites corn and oranges there is barely any processed food left you can eat, you will end up eating only food that doesn't taste nice and is 'healthy', you will lose weight, your 'illnesses' will be cured and the quack will be correct.

If you don't follow the quacks impossible instructions, it's your fault and the quack is correct. win win for the quack, lose lose for you.

I have a feeling this won't apply to you for some reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

I have a few suggestions. I won't go in the rights of (applied?) kinesiology or alternative blood tests for food allergies, because there are none. You say you've been tested for coeliac and ulcers and I presume you got the all clear. If the real doctors thought there was any other real food related issues they would have got them checked out for you too.

The fact that you ignored real medicinal advice and went to a quack, and that you fact that you opened this thread by saying you don't want this to be about whether the tests were right or wrong, you just want to be told about how to get over your allergy from oranges etc means you didn't come for advice, you came for affirmation, you don't want to face facts.

If you do what the quack tells you by cutting out egg whites corn and oranges there is barely any processed food left you can eat, you will end up eating only food that doesn't taste nice and is 'healthy', you will lose weight, your 'illnesses' will be cured and the quack will be correct.

If you don't follow the quacks impossible instructions, it's your fault and the quack is correct. win win for the quack, lose lose for you.

I don't see how giving up egg whites, corn and oranges is "impossible"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

brianw1 wrote: »
    I don't see how giving up egg whites, corn and oranges is "impossible"

And milk.

Read an ingredients list some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

I'm off egg dairy beef gluten and wheat. It's hard bt once ur prepared it's ok. And if u stay off 4 a couple of weeks and decide ur going to treat yourself to something that you shouldn't really have, you will quickly be reminded that you shouldn't eat it again. The pain and discomfort! I used to float around boards trying to find alternatives but tbh it's trial and error you're best just getting stuck in and seeing what works for you. At the end of the day you know what you shouldn't eat so don't eat it! There are loads of other things you can eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭BelleOfTheBall

Go to go gp get rast test to confirm. I have daughter who had this not that bad pm me if you want a list of foods that had no nuts eggs and milk edicts in them ud b surprised.also b prepared to make some things by scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

I just hadn't wanted this to turn into a quack - no quack discussion, plenty of other threads for that. I was merely asking for advice not asking you to vilify the hours I have spent with doctors and in hospitals to try find something to help. And you should not presume how my results came back at all - no to coeliac but with significant stomach issues in fact. But thanks for making me feel like sh1t for trying to ask for help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Go to go gp get rast test to confirm. I have daughter who had this not that bad pm me if you want a list of foods that had no nuts eggs and milk edicts in them ud b surprised.also b prepared to make some things by scratch.[/quote

Thank you. I had rast but it was 15 years ago or so as they thought a lot of my asthma was linked to foods, allergies do change over lifetime so I may well do it again, dairy and wheat had shown up in it that time. Appreciate the response

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

Could you make smoothies with one of the alternative milks (almond/coconut etc)? Then you could put fruit, spinach or whatever you like into it. Even a scoop of protein powder

Stewed fruit with the oats maybe?

Meat and veg for breakfast is nice too

Advertisement