Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

trevr wrote: »
    159.9 on the Island Rd today so I think average of 163.9 might be a bit of an exaggeration. Diesel coming down nearly a cent and unleaded nearly 2c over the weekend, might get passed on by the forecourts early next week....hopefully !

Was the 159.9 at the garage near Dunnes? That was 163.9 yesterday as is Maxol.
    Donohoes up to 160.9 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

zerks wrote: »

Yep, recently rebranded Top...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

You are lucky to have Top in 'scorthy - a family owned business based in NI .

This is the same suppliers to the service station in Tramore selling earlier this week for 152.9 unleaded .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

159.9 on the Island Rd today so I think average of 163.9 might be a bit of an exaggeration. Diesel coming down nearly a cent and unleaded nearly 2c over the weekend, might get passed on by the forecourts early next week....hopefully !

Yep 149.9 diesel. 159.9 petrol. Very cheap indeed.

A big jump then a big drop back in the space of a few days,somebody must have complained.
    Noticed from driving around & reading this thread that Tesco is no longer the bastion of cheap fuel that it used to be,the discounts are linked to what you spend in store which is sneaky.

• Advertisement

158.8 for petrol @ Applegreen,Bunclody today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

jca wrote: »
    Yep 149.9 diesel. 159.9 petrol. Very cheap indeed.

Jaysus, did you ever think you'd see the day when 159.9/lit for petrol was considered cheap? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

bmaxi wrote: »
    176 in Courtown today.

Funny thing is, the garage is called Discount Fuel Deals :eek:

Unleaded cost me 163.9 today - Topaz NR .......seems to be going upwards again

Unleaded today in New Ross :
    • Campus - 163.9
    • Tesco - 163.9
    • Topaz down-town - 166.9
    • Topaz up-town - 165.9

Been like this for over a week now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Unleaded today in New Ross :
    • Campus - 163.9
    • Tesco - 163.9
    • Topaz down-town - 166.9
    • Topaz up-town - 165.9
    Been like this for over a week now .

Same company, in the same town, yet 1c dearer per litre down town. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I've been reliably informed the the usual cheapest Applegreen near the cinema has shot to 163.8 :eek::eek: that means the others like Roches is the same or dearer. OMG.

Maxol Enniscorthy, 165.9. Petrol prices listed,didn't really pay attention to the diesel but they are all roughly 157.9

Donohoes Enniscorthy 163.9

Cartons & Lamberts,Camolin 168.9. Even the small garage opposite the Peugot Garage was 167.9 & that's usually fairly reasonable:eek:

Applegreen Ferns 163.9

Cheapest I saw this week was Castleknock in Dublin- 161.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

Maxol Enniscorthy, 165.9. Petrol prices listed,didn't really pay attention to the diesel but they are all roughly 157.9

Donohoes Enniscorthy 163.9

Cartons & Lamberts,Camolin 168.9. Even the small garage opposite the Peugot Garage was 167.9 & that's usually fairly reasonable:eek:

Applegreen Ferns 163.9

Cheapest I saw this week was Castleknock in Dublin- 161.9.

With another increase to the forecourts due over the weekend the total increase on unleaded over the past seven days is approx 5.5c per litre !!

With another increase to the forecourts due over the weekend the total increase on unleaded over the past seven days is approx 5.5c per litre !!

Top @ Island Rd & Maxol Enniscorthy 166.9 petrol & 157.9 diesel,I'll be putting a basket on the bike for shopping at this stage & one of those trailers for kids also.

Unleaded is 168.9 at Topaz top of the town tonight .( New Ross )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Tomnalosset 165.9
    Oylegate 167.9
    Castlebridge 163.9

All this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Xander_82

One thing I have noticed over the last few months is that both garages in Camolin up their prices on Sundays. I've travelled through Camolin on Fridays evenings and by Sunday evening the price has gone up about an average of 2c. Nailing the people who live in Dublin for sure.

Price in Gorey went up every day this week. Took it over two months to get from 170 to 158 and less than two weeks to get back up again.

Very quick to put prices up.Donohoes Enniscorthy is 170.8 for unleaded.They kept their prices static for a while as other places in town rose theirs.As soon as the delivery truck pulled off the forecourt the price went up by 7c a litre.
    At least the guy working there was honest & told people that was the scenario while other places rose prices despite the fact they had stocks of cheaper fuel in their storage tanks-greedy cnuts.

It was 164.9 in Tesco the other day,a couple of other places in Wexford were the same. (Probably 4c dearer today)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

It seems that Kavanagh's at the bottom of Bohreen Hill might be closed down. I passed the other day, advertised prices were relatively low considering the rest of the town, but the place was shut, nobody to be seen at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon.

This is an interesting read -

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/the-cheapest-places-in-the-uk-and-world-for-petrol.html

(Image taken from same article)
    Cheap-petrol-JPG_172847.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Petrol in the maxol station in Courtown 177.9 a few days ago but heard its gone up.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

jpb1974 wrote: »
    It seems that Kavanagh's at the bottom of Bohreen Hill might be closed down. I passed the other day, advertised prices were relatively low considering the rest of the town, but the place was shut, nobody to be seen at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon.

This is an interesting read -

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/the-cheapest-places-in-the-uk-and-world-for-petrol.html

(Image taken from same article)
    Cheap-petrol-JPG_172847.jpg
    It isn't a petrol station per se. His main business is vehichle repairs. He closes for dinner from 1-2.

Read at the weekend that the Gov takes €1.00 per litre in Excise and VAT - The Excise stays the same but the VAT varies as it rises or falls.

The importer/distributor get 8c per litre

The retailer gets 4c per litre

The rest goes to the producer

vicwatson wrote: »
    Read at the weekend that the Gov takes €1.00 per litre in Excise and VAT - The Excise stays the same but the VAT varies as it rises or falls.

The importer/distributor get 8c per litre

The retailer gets 4c per litre

The rest goes to the producer

Don't hold out much hope of a decrease in tax take in the Budget, if anything plans are to increase excise duties and car tax.
    In other countries they encourage the use of public transport by providing a decent service, in Ireland they just make it prohibitively expensive to drive.

Don't hold out much hope of a decrease in tax take in the Budget, if anything plans are to increase excise duties and car tax.
    In other countries they encourage the use of public transport by providing a decent service, in Ireland they just make it prohibitively expensive to drive.

I foresee a €2.00 litre by next March

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Xander_82

marlie2005 wrote: »
    Petrol in the maxol station in Courtown 177.9 a few days ago but heard its gone up.....

They have some nerve calling themselves "Discount Fuels"!!!!!!!!!

Yep, it was 179.9 last night, haven't been down today yet but I'm beyond being shocked by their prices at this stage. I'm not sure if Dunbar's are still selling petrol, he was always a cent or two cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

Yep, it was 179.9 last night, haven't been down today yet but I'm beyond being shocked by their prices at this stage. I'm not sure if Dunbar's are still selling petrol, he was always a cent or two cheaper.

Yeap still 179.9 , dunbars haven't sold petrol for a while now but even then it was only a cent or two over market value..
    Is this the most expensive fuel in Ireland ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Yeap still 179.9 , dunbars haven't sold petrol for a while now but even then it was only a cent or two over market value..
    Is this the most expensive fuel in Ireland ??

That's shocking. I can't believe it's 179.9. It's a 10c jump in one week. Unreal.

Advertisement