Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland:What's maximum stay under a Ireland visit visa a year?

• 24-10-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got visit visa approved on 23 Sep 2014, and this is my second time for Ireland visit visa.
    I arrived at Ireland on 19 Oct 2014 and I asked for to stay here on my application form when I applied visa is 87 days but I was stopped by the immigration officer at the airport.

The immigration officer at the airport told me on Ireland visit visa can't stay more than 90 days a year so basicly I could stay here for 4 days because I was here with my first visit visa for 86 days already

but the immigration officer,he did me a favor to stay here more than 4 days so I permitted to stay here 1 month and I have to show him my new flight ticket soon on 29 of Oct.

I'm not sure about those informations because I did not see any notice on website about maximum stay under Ireland visitor visa is 90 days a year and if it's true I have no idea why the ireland embassy granted my visa because they should have record about my previous visit visa.

I’m not really sure how I could do to extend my visa.I read on website and they said I should contact at the gardar station to ask for if I can get extend my current visit but I contacted a guy at the Gardar station in Cork city already and he said nothing he can do,because I did over stay visa already???

Hopefully somebody could give me some information to get extend my current visit.Thanks in advance
    PS.I have to apologise about my English language,I'm not English native speaker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This message board is primarily used by Irish people, so we won't necessarily know the rules.

I would have thought that if you get a visa for X days, then it is valid for X days and that there is not 90 day or other limit.

Visitors on the visa waiver scheme are allowed something like 90 days in and days days out, but that doesn't seem to apply to your case as you actually have a visa.

You might read these:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/moving_to_ireland/coming_to_live_in_ireland/visa_requirements_for_entering_ireland.html
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/visas_for_tourists_visiting_ireland.html

If you are exceeding your visa, the you risk being deported and as importantly not being allowed back into Ireland or, indeed, many other countries. You might be well advised to talk to a solicitor who deals with immigration law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

The embassy did not know how long you wanted to stay, or when you were travelling.
    Immigration is probably worried you are working in Ireland illegally, as few people can afford to spend half the year without working; plus, if you spend half a year here in Ireland, you are essentially living here, not visiting.

Thus, I think you have two options:
    - Bring proof of funds as well as good reason WHY you want the extension to the immigration office and see if you can get an extension. Be aware that if you get the extension, chances are you won't be allowed back for a couple of years afterwards.
    - Look into different visas. Maybe if you tell us a bit more about why you want to stay so long, we could recommend one.

Advertisement