Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eating Clean?

• 25-03-2015 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭

This "Eat Clean" craze has really taken off lately and it's piqued my interest.
    A few Facebook friends are mad into it and, although I *kinda* know what it's about, I don't think I really do.

Is it Paleo? 'Cos I think I understand that.

If I were to take this "Eat Clean" on, what's actually involved?
    Give me an example of a typical breakfast or snacks?

Any good sites to check out for recipes? Preferably Irish or UK-based as I don't really like US sites when it comes to food.

Going shopping tomorrow so it'd be nice to know a few things to pick up...I'd just buy a few things now and get into it slowly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's not a craze. Just an overuse of 'clean'.

http://sigmanutrition.com/are-you-sure-you-want-that-meal-plan/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

fussyonion wrote: »

Going shopping tomorrow so it'd be nice to know a few things to pick up...I'd just buy a few things now and get into it slowly.

Buy some seeds and grow your own veg, go to the mart and buy some livestock, fatten them and slaughter them yourself, buying food off supermarket shelves cannot be trusted as clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

A simple phrase to describe eating healthy is now a "craze" and needs to be "taken on". What the actual f...

Eating clean = not eating junk

It's not a fad diet like!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kettlebelljim

Eating clean, less processed and more whole foods. If you can't pronounce the ingredients on the label put it back. Fresh fruit and veg, lean proteins from meat or veg, depending on dietary requirements. Plenty of water and physical activity. It's not new, it's common sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks for the really helpful and informative replies

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

Eating clean does that mean organic or just no junk

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If you can't pronounce the ingredients on the label put it back.

What about chia seeds and quinoa? :P

Advertisement