Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

That could stress anyone out :) I've barely started mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Welcome Barremic!

I really don't know if i'm getting BH or not.

Occasionally, I do get strong feelings of muscles tightening - but this is often accompanied by the baby moving, so I have no idea if she causes the tightness, or if it's the practice contractions that are moving the baby!

But as TwoMums so wisely said, if in doubt - call your doc. Peace of mind is a godsend.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Thanks girls, no idea if its a long baby or just a fatty, looked a bit fatty now to be honest in the 3d scan the other week! Wouldn't mind but I've not put on a whole pile of weight myself, was 9stone before, 10.5stone now, hope its not all gone straight to baby! Have a pretty strong family history of diabetes on both sides of my family, so really should have been checked for this before now! Midwife said they should let me know in the next week anyway if there's anything to worry about, but not sure if that's by phone or letter or what.
    i had this last week and they said they'd phone either in the afternoon after the test or before 12 the next day. But they'd only ring if there was an issue, no phonecall =no problem, that was in the Rotunda, double check at the next hourly test, and remember to stay and have the food and a cup of tea, you'll be surprised at how tired you'll feel later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The exhaustion has hit me like a freight train the last couple of days, I thought I was getting away with it. Woke up several times last night, too hot and then too sore....

I managed a nap yesterday, won't get one today though as I am work and quite busy so can't really have a sneaky nap!!

Looking forward to splurging in Aldi tomorrow!

What section would I find the breast pads and maternity pads in Boots? Was only in there for about a minute this morning to get some more rennie.....

So I was back at the maternity yesterday, got a scan, babys measuring huge, 4lbs 4oz already and still only 30 weeks along, in the 90 percentile, whatever that means. The whole way through the scan the doctor had this worried look on her face, and after sent me straight down to book GT test, they brought me in first thing this morning so sitting here now halfway between first and second blood test a little bit freaked out by the whole shenanegan! Sorry if this ends up a double post, had it all written out on the phone and it disappeared again soon as I posted! But ya, eek in general.

I was in yesterday aswell Nyquist but they didn't scan me! Hope everything goes well for you.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I *think* the breast pads are down with the baby stuff usually, with the pumps and maternity san. pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Ginny that was great they would get back to you so fast! They don't seem to like to give definite answers here at all! Don't think they'll be feeding me after either, haha! But I'm sure I'll make it into town for something to nom before I fall down anyway! Knackered now alright, and possibly dying of the heartburn, my poor everything! Just about to head back in for the last blood test now. They really need more seats and open windows here...
    </badpatient>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

barremic wrote: »
    They seem to have disappeared this morning, and I slept fairly well. I guess I was just panicking last night, i thought it was the real thing.

I had the same thing, particularly on days where I'd done a lot of strenuous stuff or lots of walking or generally rushing around stressing a bit. Then they went after I chilled out/rested.

First & foremost ask your midwife/doc about it, to be on the safe side. But also, listen to your body & know when to rest.
    notsobusy wrote: »
    The exhaustion has hit me like a freight train the last couple of days, I thought I was getting away with it. Woke up several times last night, too hot and then too sore....

I managed a nap yesterday, won't get one today though as I am work and quite busy so can't really have a sneaky nap!!

Looking forward to splurging in Aldi tomorrow!

What section would I find the breast pads and maternity pads in Boots? Was only in there for about a minute this morning to get some more rennie.....

Oh snap re the exhaustion, went to bed early but still woke up knackered, couldn't keep eyes open on train. Can't take naps apart from weekend as work all week but then there always seems to be too much to do on weekend (I need to take my own advice above ;))

The breast pads in Boots were around where the breast pumps/baby monitors/bottles were. I got the washable ones, Boots brand. They only had Boots brand materniry pads but I want the special industrial strength green ones :D that they use in the hospitals, I think I'll be able to get them in mothercare.

Dying to go to Aldi tomorrow now! Going to raid the place after work!

Nyquist, hope it's just a case of a big growth spurt. 90th percentile is still normal, it ain't off the chart yet.

My sister's first baby's head circumference was in the 90th percentile and she managed a back labour with just a bit of gas & air :eek: Think she was 9lbs. All my sisters babies are 9lbers, eek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Barremic: my bh are lower down but that doesn't mean what you were experiencing wasn't bh either: as Twomums said ring doc if you have ANY doubts at all. ine feel like a tightening but they hurt down my lower back too: but I don't get them regularly either. And welcome :D

Nyquist when I had my GTT aswell they said they'd ring me if there was any problems.

Notsobusy boots here has a baby section and they are all there.

Going to buy last of stuff for hosp bag today and my nursing bras are getting delivered today too so should be all sorted then. I'm trying to work up the energy for my drive to Tralee right now: I'm exhausted and wouldn't go but have doc appt too so I have too: pregnancy and thyroid tiredness mixed feel like being hit with a bus repeatedly!!

Ginny that was great they would get back to you so fast! They don't seem to like to give definite answers here at all! Don't think they'll be feeding me after either, haha! But I'm sure I'll make it into town for something to nom before I fall down anyway! Knackered now alright, and possibly dying of the heartburn, my poor everything! Just about to head back in for the last blood test now. They really need more seats and open windows here...
    </badpatient>

Which hospital are you in again. When I was in Rotunda last week, there were loads of women in for GTT tests and an awful lot of them were having to stand for ages & it was very warm. Not a good combo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hadn't really got too many contractions myself. Woke up this morning with the biggest tight belly, then my whole stomach moved for about a minute constantly ,

pretty sure it was the baby turning. Now have pains in my ribs,pretty sure its feet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink wrote: »
    Which hospital are you in again. When I was in Rotunda last week, there were loads of women in for GTT tests and an awful lot of them were having to stand for ages & it was very warm. Not a good combo.

That really annoys me...there was probably loads of seats been taken up by partners and kids!

Last time we were in the hospital, it was packed too and one girl came out from the nurse and was waiting for her scan. Only my OH stood up to let her sit down. Some people just have no manners!
    javagal wrote: »
    Dunno if it's been 2 weeks since my last pic!!

But check the bump--HUGE!

Edit: My only craving in the background-coco pops nom nom!

You are most definately not huge...you look great. I think dragging it around all the time, makes us feel that we are a lot bigger than we really are.

Oh I forgot to say, at the wedding at the weekend, one girl was complimenting how well I looked. I was at the afters of her wedding about five or six weeks ago and wasn't showing at all. But then she says to me and fair play to you for wearing pink! I was totally taken aback and didn't really know what she meant or how to take it!
    So I was back at the maternity yesterday, got a scan, babys measuring huge, 4lbs 4oz already and still only 30 weeks along, in the 90 percentile, whatever that means. The whole way through the scan the doctor had this worried look on her face, and after sent me straight down to book GT test, they brought me in first thing this morning so sitting here now halfway between first and second blood test a little bit freaked out by the whole shenanegan! Sorry if this ends up a double post, had it all written out on the phone and it disappeared again soon as I posted! But ya, eek in general.

Hopefully, it's just a growth spurt and things will even out over the next few weeks. It's great they got you in for the GTT today.
    My dad is an insulin dependent diabetic and my mum said she had GD on all seven of us, but my test still came back negative. So hopefully yours will too. Do get something to eat straight away tho, just in case your sugar levels are all over the place. You don't want to black out on top of everything else.

Looking at changing bags today...think I'm going to get one on amazon. They seem fairly reasonable and have got good reviews. I'd love a Cath Kidson one, but OH would kill me if I made him carry it!

Twomums, best of luck for tomorrow. I hope you and your partner have a wonderful day. :)

Might get them in mothercare so! Thank you.

JG you look fab! Kildareash I agree with the dragging round theory.

Hadn't really got too many contractions myself. Woke up this morning with the biggest tight belly, then my whole stomach moved for about a minute constantly ,

pretty sure it was the baby turning. Now have pains in my ribs,pretty sure its feet

That sounds like the baby turning :) I had the same except my little one was heading in the wrong direction :D kinda glad I'm not getting kicked in the ribs though it sounds painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

I'm in the mid western regional maternity in Limerick Mink, sounds about the same now loads of girls left standing there today, they should tell you to go away down to sit in the canteen or something if you know you're not getting called for another hour, I felt a bit bad taking up space in there today! Had to go out for air at one stage cos it was so stuffy and no where to sit down outside either, which was a pity now I'd have gladly sat there outside for the hour or two!

If its the waiting room just outside the admittance area then it is fairly tiny NyquistFreak :)

I'm getting these too JG. Much more frequently in the last week or so, I figure it's because baby has gotten so big that he/she is running out of room. It can be very painful at times.

I'm getting these too JG. Much more frequently in the last week or so, I figure it's because baby has gotten so big that he/she is running out of room. It can be very painful at times.

Im getting them all day :(

Hey has anyone seen from bump cards for father's day ??

My Oh's bday and fathers day is june

No but sounds like a great idea :D

No but sounds like a great idea :D

Ended up making one on funkypigeon.com
    Came to like 3euro after I personalised cause I had a friends account number and got 50percent for quoting it, if anyone wants to do the same let me know and Ill pm you, delighted with it.

Screen shot of front but you can write inside and add pics too
    Kojak is out hairy baby btw!

• Advertisement

Ended up making one on funkypigeon.com
    Came to like 3euro after I personalised cause I had a friends account number and got 50percent for quoting it, if anyone wants to do the same let me know and Ill pm you, delighted with it.

Screen shot of front but you can write inside and add pics too
    Kojak is out hairy baby btw!

Oh yeah PM me with that.

Kojak is an excellent dog name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

That's a great idea java. I would love that code too!!

Two mums, best of luck tomorrow! Hope you and your oh have an amazing day!! We'll all be in aldi thinking of ya! ;)

Mink wrote: »
    Oh yeah PM me with that.

Kojak is an excellent dog name!

Thanks, Oh is a stephen king nut!!

Oh twoMums have an amazing day girl xx

silly wrote: »
    That's a great idea java. I would love that code too!!

Two mums, best of luck tomorrow! Hope you and your oh have an amazing day!! We'll all be in aldi thinking of ya! ;)

We shld have got a list from Twomums for aldi!
    We shld all wear flowers in our coats or something so we can recognise one another!

Baby kicked the doppler non stop in docs today... was so cute :p My whole next two weeks without seeing doc has just turned into a whole week because I have to go back for bloods in a fortnight :mad: but still a whole week next week with no doctors appts I get so excited about the littlest things!

Twomums I hope tomorrow is fantastic! And that you're all excited!!

Bought new dressing gown and Pjs for after birth today so when people take pics I don't look like a heap of crap...

I can't wait for Aldi: oh how things have changed!

Aw how cute :)

I was looking in penny's today at pj's...but most of them had stupid pics or slogans on them. Bought a pair of men's ones, but then realised their not BF friendly! Might just buy men's bottoms (I like that they have pockets and are looser on me than the girlie ones) and a few vest tops or something!

I'd say once were in there, the last thing we will care about is how we look. I wldnt normally wear make up unless I was getting dressed up but I'm still packing my make up bag for the hospital!ha!

I'm going to leave big stickers on my bags with the bits that OH has to add in at the last minute...like camera, phones etc. going to start packing tonight and see what else I need to get.
    Went to dealz today, they have lovely Winnie the pooh stuff for babies! Got some disposable nappy sheet things (baby brain!) for €1.49! Think there is 3 or 4 in the pack. I love that shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

2mums - best of luck tomorrow, hope you have a fab day!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

2mums very best wishes for tomorrow,hope you both have a fantastic day

Feeling very lazy today.dh is killing me coz house is a mess :(

Dunnes have much better PJs that Penney's at the moment: I got ones with buttons in the tshirt for breastfeeding and they have dark bottoms too: also Penneys had no dressing gowns bar a white one: I just think white and me do not mix at all!!

I also bought hairbands for hiding my hair that needs either a straightner or curlers to make it look half way decent!

I bought more long sleeved vests today cuz I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get them in the summer :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I got these pjs
    http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/Camisole-Jersey-Pyjama/270944/1104010000

Vest will be handy for bfing

and these
    http://www.heatonsstores.com/Product/Button-Neck-Pj/266415/1104010000

But i got darker bottoms with my pair, they are navy, the buttons go down quite far too so delighted with them

Advertisement