Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fish Spa, Ellen St.

Options
  • 23-07-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey guys n dolls,

Just wondering has anyone use the fish pedicure place on Ellen Street?Just saw it the other day and wonder is it the real deal and what price is it?Thanks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

http://www.thefishspa.ie/gallery.html
    hope this link works for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A girl I work with went and loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Still uncertain of the health risks of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12595809

wingnut wrote: »
    Still uncertain of the health risks of this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12595809

Big mistake in that article. The Garra Rufa fish CAN'T nibble, it desn't have teeth. They suck, not bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Big mistake in that article. The Garra Rufa fish CAN'T nibble, it desn't have teeth. They suck, not bite.

It may be a mistake (I say 'may' because a secondary, less literal meaning of 'nibble' is to simply to remove something in small pieces), but doesn't take negate the gist of the article, which is that the fish could possibly transfer disease/infection from one person to another.

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    It may be a mistake (I say 'may' because a secondary, less literal meaning of 'nibble' is to simply to remove something in small pieces), but doesn't take negate the gist of the article, which is that the fish could possibly transfer disease/infection from one person to another.

Afaik, they check your feet and if you have somemthing that could be transmitted to others you're not allowed have it. And they UV treat all their water and stuffs.

(I don't work there, we had them call into us at work :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

phew, that alleviates my fears anyway, i might try it some stage out of pure curiosity. first time i saw it done was on either come dine with me or that celebrity beauty salon thing on tv3, *glances over at aquarium in living room*... nahhh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Afaik, they check your feet and if you have somemthing that could be transmitted to others you're not allowed have it.

Not everything transmissible is visible. I'm not sure either way but I'm giving it a miss until more is known..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wingnut wrote: »
    Not everything transmissible is visible. I'm not sure either way but I'm giving it a miss until more is known..

That BBC article seems just scare-mongering speculation.
    "The HPA and Health Protection Scotland is currently unaware of any cases of infection associated with the use of the fish spas pedicures in the UK."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Is it the same people that own all those premises on Ellen Street (sex shop, foot fish shop, costume/oompa loompa shop)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

it does seem a bit fishy alrite, sounds like somethings afoot! :rolleyes:

and christ if i make one more lame joke this week, throw me to the sharks! :o

That BBC article seems just scare-mongering speculation.

It isn't scare-mongering in any way. They're reporting that numerous local and state bodies in the UK and USA have questioned or banned the practice, and outlined why these bodies are concerned, while pointing out that one of those bodies has yet to find any actual problems.

If they were scare-mongering they wouldn't have included the quote from the HPA that you've quoted from their article. And the reporter in the video at the top of the article wouldn't have let the owner/manager of the salon get away with a pretty lazy answer to the question on cleanliness, nor would the video have contained interviews with happy customers, nor would the title of the video have been "fish pedicure a feet treat".

It isn't scare-mongering in any way. They're reporting that numerous local and state bodies in the UK and USA have questioned or banned the practice, and outlined why these bodies are concerned, while pointing out that one of those bodies has yet to find any actual problems.

If they were scare-mongering they wouldn't have included the quote from the HPA that you've quoted from their article. And the reporter in the video at the top of the article wouldn't have let the owner/manager of the salon get away with a pretty lazy answer to the question on cleanliness, nor would the video have contained interviews with happy customers, nor would the title of the video have been "fish pedicure a feet treat".

Have you any articles to back this up?

Have you any articles to back this up?

Have I any articles to back what up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Have I any arguments to back what up?

articles..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Is it the same people that own all those premises on Ellen Street (sex shop, foot fish shop, costume/oompa loompa shop)?
    That's what I heard anyway, same crowd had the head shop before. Although I haven't come across the oompaloompa shop?

Advertisement