Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCOMMODATION SUPERTHREAD! **Read first post before posting**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nappertandy384

Bed available in twin room in Beaufield crescent sharing with a girl. The house is occupied by three other girls and one lad all in first year. Available for second semester. Anyone interested can move in as soon as they wish. Contact me at <snip> or pm me ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Bed available in twin room in Beaufield crescent sharing with a girl. The house is occupied by three other girls and one lad all in first year. Available for second semester. Anyone interested can move in as soon as they wish. Contact me at [snip] or pm me ASAP.

Off limits to a guy then i'd assume?

Off limits to a guy then i'd assume?

yeah a girl would be preferred sorry

yeah a girl would be preferred sorry

No bother! Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lauras91

Hi all,
    We have a room available in our house in Kingsbry for the semester. 3 girls living here at the moment, 2 of us are students, 1 professional (so a quiet house).. we are all really lovely tho! :)
    Its nearer the Meadowbrook end of Kingsbry so not too bad for the walk into college, rent is 280 a month, single room (not a box room).

PM if you're interested or know of anybody interested! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Bed available in twin room in Beaufield crescent sharing with a girl. The house is occupied by three other girls and one lad all in first year. Available for second semester. Anyone interested can move in as soon as they wish. Contact me at <snip> or pm me ASAP.

Think we may be neighbours. No.#?

Yeah we must be! we're number ~ :)

Ah we're No.#, white peugot outside. Call over sometime, it's always nice to meet the neighbours and good to keep an eye on each others houses. We had a break in last year and an attempted this year.

You're joking :O that's shocking! Yeah sounds good, you're welcome to call over as well if you're stuck for anything and all! :) We actually don't know any of our neighbours ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Think we may be neighbours. No ~?

Not creepy at all Jason :P
    Yeah we must be! we're number ~ :)

Also we're neighbours too ! :D

• Advertisement

Ah cool! Well you's are welcome over as well :D

Ah cool! Well you's are welcome over as well :D

As are you all to ours ! :)

Though you may come to regret saying that one day....! :P :pac:

Sure there's no harm in getting to know our neighbours, we don't know any of ours so it'd be cool to have you's over at some point :)

We're having a party on Monday.. Just throwing that out there.

We're actually having a little party as well for our housemates birthday on Monday, but next time we'd definitely head over! We're always up for a party! :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Announcing house parties on boards ( with added address!)... Always a good idea...

Announcing house parties on boards ( with added address!)... Always a good idea...

FRESHER INVASION.. Be warned, a wild PictureFrame may appear... ;) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Yeah.... *mod hat on* you guys might want to rethink your previous posts :P

We can turn it into a block party sure :pac: ! Just to make the LL love me even more :D :P ;)

Thwip! wrote: »
    Yeah.... *mod hat on* you guys might want to rethink your previous posts :P

I realised that slightly after and edited my number out. Not that it matters, we generally have an open door policy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

JayEnnis wrote: »
    I realised that slightly after and edited my number out. Not that it matters, we generally have an open door policy.

Oh by all means that's a great thing...just more thinking from the point of covering all our asses on this should something had happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I edited out the house numbers that were still there just in case, especially as the 48 hour editing time is up for yous.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

Room available in penthouse apartment in Manor Mills (above Dunnes). Rent 265 per month.
    PM if interested or for more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Im looking for a double room somewhere in maynooth, Only requirements are 2 large off-street parking spaces (no permits or clamping or anything like that) and decent internet , even a rural-ish house you have to drive to would do. Long term lease would be preferrable as ill probably stay till next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 KingKazama

Looking for a single/ double room somewhere in Maynooth, preferably the apartments above Manor Mills. If anyone knows of apartments available there it'd be great! Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

At the moment, I'm away on my erasmus but I've applied for campus accomodation for the next academic year. I was lucky before, in getting it in the april draw but what I would like to know is, should I not get picked in the draw this time, how hard is it to find a gaff off-campus during August? I'm not being difficult or anything I just won't be back in Ireland until then.

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

TO_ARTHUR! wrote: »
    At the moment, I'm away on my erasmus but I've applied for campus accomodation for the next academic year. I was lucky before, in getting it in the april draw but what I would like to know is, should I not get picked in the draw this time, how hard is it to find a gaff off-campus during August? I'm not being difficult or anything I just won't be back in Ireland until then.

Any advice appreciated.

If you look online, could you ask a friend to view them on your behalf? Set up a skype call with you and you could view the house that way?

*Wonders of modern technology!)*

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

kellief wrote: »
    If you look online, could you ask a friend to view them on your behalf? Set up a skype call with you and you could view the house that way?

*Wonders of modern technology!)*

Cheers, Good Idea!

''I love it when a plan comes together.''

Having never lived off campus before, which estates are good/bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm clearly a genius!!
    I'm biased as I've lived in the village for 15 years and don't live in student accommodation but with my family, so I see the student population as a local resident.

The closest estates to the college are on the Moyglare Road. I live up in Moyglare Abbey. It's a very pretty estate, there are a good number of students living here and while the occasional party happens, repeated loud parties at night aren't tolerated, due to the high number of young families living in the estate.
    Moyglare Village has a higher student population, the houses are a few years older and as such, slightly cheaper. Moyglare Hall is further out the road, about a 15 minute walk to campus. This is a relatively new estate, not sure about how many students/families live there or rent prices.
    The other side of the village has most of the estates. One of the most popular estates for student accommodation in Meadowbrook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Rettoc

Hi Guys,

We are two first years, an Irish and an Italian, looking to find some flatmates for next year. It wasn't too easy to find a place when looking in the summer so we figured sorting it out before we come back in September would be wiser :)

We are both female so would preferably like a balanced house, therefore two guys would be good, however we're also open to easy going females :) we enjoy music, film, food, wine, laughing and coffee :)

Would love to meet some people around Maynooth also looking to house share next year. International students very welcome, as are all races. Smokers and drinkers welcome too :) We are Spanish students so if you speak Spanish, bonus! If you are not yet in the country we could meet on Skype! I am happy to look for a house if I find suitable people not yet in Ireland.

PM me!
    Niamh

Advertisement