Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FAQ: Analogue, DTT, Aerials

18910111214»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Do you currently have analogue UK channels? If so, you'll find out on Wednesday if you can receive Freeview. BBC2 analogue will be switched off & the BBC standard def. Freeview channels will begin broadcasting from smaller transmitter sites such as Kilkeel & Rostrevor, as well as going to full power at the main stations.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

Channel 30 is in group A. If you want both transmitters, a group B would more than likely work just as well as (or better than) a wideband.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

cipro 55 wrote: »
    MPEG2,, Would that mean i can free view on that set, I''m on the east coast looking across at Carlingford.

Also what about this set, Samsung. Model No. LE26A45ICI

Mpeg2 is only suitable for standard freeview, or for sound only on saorview channels.
    that samsung tv if it has a tuner is probably ok for standard freeview. what is the exact model? le26a45..... ??

And also if youre looking across at Carlinford does that not place you the other side of the lough in warrenpoint??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭cipro 55

Mpeg2 is only suitable for standard freeview, or for sound only on saorview channels.
    that samsung tv if it has a tuner is probably ok for standard freeview. what is the exact model? le26a45..... ??

And also if youre looking across at Carlinford does that not place you the other side of the lough in warrenpoint??? :confused:

Exact model no. le26a451c1

Should have said Carlingford Lough, I'm in East Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

cipro 55 wrote: »
    Exact model no. le26a451c1

Should have said Carlingford Lough, I'm in East Meath.

lol, that makes a lot of sense! :rolleyes:

have you checked the menu to see if it has a digital tuner, if it does i would guess its only a mpeg 2 digital tuner. maybe you will be able to pick up the standard freeview uk channels after switchver, but prob not the saorview.

Have you tried tuning it??

here's a video i found if youre not sure how to? think its for your model...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

Hi Folks

Will a standard Blake ten element UHF aerial work for Saorview on the Dungarvan transmitter for someone ten miles from the transmitter??? Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

detective wrote: »
    Will a standard Blake ten element UHF aerial work for Saorview on the Dungarvan transmitter for someone ten miles from the transmitter??? Thanks!!

Yes, if it's a wideband or correct grouped aerial for the transmitter. I use a Blake DMX10A for Mullaghanish, about 60 miles away I think.

Advertisement