Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Signed up for this too. Was being billed from the moment the SIM arrived. Ported about 2 weeks later. Online it tells me that I am on the €30 a mth package, called them and they said it was a mistake and would correct it. 1st bill arrives and I am being billed the €30 per mth. Again called them, they tell me they have credited the account. No way of knowing this is fact until next bill comes though.

Way to smash to bits any goodwill you were getting when we first saw this deal.

Btw online it still reads - Bill Pay Smart Lite EUR30 - 1 Month.

I cant understand how dumb meteor are with this deal. They are frustrating their customers with the fooling around between the 15 and 30 deal. They are wasting the time of their call centre people too. Must be bad management or plain disrespect of their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I rang to change from a €20pm to this €15pm at the end of my contract. He said ok no problem that's done in 2 seconds. I asked him to confirm what by bill would be. He said €35pm, and couldn't see any problem with that. He basically added the new deal onto my existing package. When I asked why he thought any sane person would want such a setup, he played dumb and said he wasn't paid to think about things like that.

I eventually got what I wanted out of him, but be wary of what they actually sign you up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Rang up today and asked why on the internet it says Bill Pay Smart Lite EUR30 - 1 Month. After I asked to be switched to the 15€ a month bill , She said that there would be a 15 euro credit applied to each bill and The amount paid would only be 15 euro .. I guess I'll just have to wait until the next bill arrives to find out if this is true or not.Quite a strange system.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Should this now be moved to consumer affairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

papu wrote: »
    Rang up today and asked why on the internet it says Bill Pay Smart Lite EUR30 - 1 Month. After I asked to be switched to the 15€ a month bill , She said that there would be a 15 euro credit applied to each bill and The amount paid would only be 15 euro .. I guess I'll just have to wait until the next bill arrives to find out if this is true or not.Quite a strange system.

It's the same on mine and the 15 euro has indeed been applied as credit on my bill. The offer is only applying the discount for a year so i imagine they didn't want to go changing the name of the plan if it has an expiry date. Can only guess that's their logic behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dahamsta wrote: »
    Has anyone reported the problem to ComReg I wonder? It's must be a while now since they doled out a fey, ineffective slap on the wrist to someone. They need to keep their hand... uh... out...?

I was having something similar dealt with by Comreg, regarding Meteor and their 72 hour porting debacle, and I don't recommend it. All Comreg really want is proof you e-mailed them and engaged them, proof they have or have not replied within 10 working days and then look for proof from Comreg they have made contact with you after this period.

As soon as this happens, irrespective of the outcome, Comreg close the case and thank you for contacting them.

I had considered informing them of this problem for the sake of other people(ours is sorted) but felt it was an excercise in futility as you never learn what Comreg are actually up to and they NEVER tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Just to add a +1 to the people who were charged incorrectly initially. Farcical.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Just another mention for stuff@meteor.ie - they sorted my problem out straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Have to agree, farcical.

Also billed €30 on first bill. Emailed and they've asked for all the usual security stuff to be emailed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

What shocked me folks was the fact that their own departments claimed to not know about the 15pcm offer. I couldn't get passed that point with him as he needed to speak to numerous people putting me on hold numerous times.(mentioned further back this thread).

Maybe stuff@meteor.ie is the way to go but whenever I e-mailed Meteor 1.5-2 days later they would reply back asking security questions and then anotehr 1.5-2days later you would get a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

My tale of woe with Meteor - though it was finally resolved. I saw the Bill Pay Lite 30, SIM only, 1 month rolling contract - €25 with online discount. Package includes 200 mins, unlimited texts and 1Gb of data. Now if I wasn't such a massive text user I wouldn't have bothered going through all the crap but the offer suited me perfectly.

I tried the website (obviously enough) - that price plan was unavailable, it just disappeared as you progressed through the purchase options.

Sent an email to info@meteor - no reply

I went on Live Chat - agent was unsure, couldn't pull up the plan after the first page and said maybe I had to be a PAYG customer first. Directed me instore and promised to bump my email with customer care.

Instore - was told it had to be online but gave me customer support number

Customer support (Cork) - on hold for 30 mins, followed by another 20 mins as she tried different teams. Gave me a number for web support in Dublin

Web support - waited 15 mins, was told I need online sales

Online sales - said they'd look into it and contact me. Never got a reply.

Not a single agent I contacted had the slightest clue of the plan I was referring, even though it's on the first page of their contracts section http://www.meteor.ie/bill-pay/ and I never received a reply from my original email. However, after being in contact with 6 teams someone must have twigged there was a problem because in mid-December, three weeks after my original e-mail I checked the website and was able to purchase the plan I wanted.

The SIM arrived in two days, I called support and waited for 10 mins - they had the chip ported in 4 hours. No problems there. My bill was set up at the Lite 30 but under the phone plan as opposed to the SIM only so I only got 200 texts p/m. Contacted Live Chat and had the issue resolved within 10 mins. My internet connection dropped so the next day I contacted stuff@meteor and they wrote back immediately for PIN confirmation and then very quickly confirmed my plan had been amended.

So in summary, Meteor don't know their arse from their elbow but stuff@meteor.ie and Live Chat seem to be the best way of getting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

I am looking into getting the €15 billpay deal but have noticed that they want your bank details to set up a direct debit. Does anybody know if you can get meteor to sen you out a bill that you pay in the shops? I do this with my work mobile but don't know if you can do this with this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I doubt it; it says a DD is required.

I see the offer is now priced at €15.25 a month, presumably to reflect the increase in VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 super_dudette

Hi

I am having huge problems with this offer as well. I signed up from pay as you go to the new bill pay offer around 3 weeks ago, and it has been nothing but hassle. I wanted to keep my old pay as you go number and transfer my new bill pay account on the number I have been using for the last 5 yrs. I was first told that it would take 30 mins to have my number moved over, so I waited to see if it would happen. By the next day I noticed it still said I was pay as you go on my meteor account, so I rang again. Then I was told it would take 24 hrs for the change to happen. I kept ringing every few days to see the progress on this and requested a manager call which I never received. Two weeks later, I was talking to Keith on the customer helpline and he told me the first person who put in the request for me made a mistake and the request never went through. So none of the operators noticed the mistake and kept telling me it would be sorted. He told me it would take 24-48 hrs to get the number to change over. I waited for the time specified, saying I am going abroad in the next few days and need my phone working. I rang yesterday before flying out, and asked if the change has been applied yet. The operator told me the change would be done by the end of business day. I rang today, as the number didnt change over, and it was a complete disaster. I was talking to Marvo, for over an hour, as she kept putting me on hold. I asked her to put me on to the cancellations department as I wanted to speak to them to see if they can do anything for me, so she put me on hold. Then she got back to me telling she cancelled both of my accounts! So now I am stuck abroad without a working phone number! I asked her why did she do that as I didnt ask her to cancel anything for me, I need a number so why would I ask her to cancel my means of contact? She didnt say she was going to cancel the account either, she just put me on hold! I have been posting on the meteor forum for the whole time, it gives more detail, this is the thread:
    http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Bill-Pay-Plans/From-pay-as-you-go-to-Bill-Pay/td-p/18231/highlight/false
    I am now waiting for her manager to email me, as I cannot get a callback anymore cuz she cancelled both of my accounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

just spotted this thread, the following is a rant admittedly, which may not have a place in BA except as to serve as a warning for others wishing to avail of this "bargain".

The first problem was that it took them 5 weeks to port a number from meteor prepay to bill pay. I phoned in nearly every day during this period and just like one of the previous posters i was told every time "oh the previous guy made a mistake when he sent the number port request, but i've done it properly now". They cannot transfer you to the technical department or their supervisor or anyone else so when you explain to them that you've heard the "call back tomorrow" line 20 times they just say the only thing they can do is arrange a callback. No one ever calls back.

After 5 weeks the number ported and they tried to charge us more than the agreed price and forgot about the discount they had promised for the hassle (€15 which isn't much when you consider i spent 10+ hours on the phone with them or their terrible hold music).

Then we tried to set up roaming, payed the €60 deposit, was told roaming was activated, it wasn't, the phone could not pick up a network and could not make or receive calls. After about 5 phone calls of them saying "ah we see the problem now, turn off the phone turn it on again manually select the network which will take 10 mins then call us back" I said i wasn't willing to do that a 6th time and was there anything else we could do, after being put on hold for 10 mins and much consultation with the tech department they came back with "you have to call us from the phone that has the problem, so the tech department can see the settings", :confused: .

Basically i'm on contract for another 12 months on meteor and the girlfriends phone (the one we had all these problems with) is going to be on €15 a month for a year so in 1 year we will be moving to another network and never moving back no matter what the bargain they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

peckerhead wrote: »
    I doubt it; it says a DD is required.

I see the offer is now priced at €15.25 a month, presumably to reflect the increase in VAT.

I contacted meteor and was told that you can just cancel your direct debit and pay in the shops via cash or card and online at paybills.ie (or maybe billpays.ie). Also, you can just pay in the shop before the amount is deducted - technically, you are prepaying and gaining credit on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Jesus they have broken my heart, Tried to downgrade my current billpay to this plan with a new number and after dealing with the shop and 4 customer care agents on the phone, I have ended up with 2 sims that are both pay as you go.

Bye Bye Meteor

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

07438991 wrote: »
    I contacted meteor and was told that you can just cancel your direct debit and pay in the shops via cash or card and online at paybills.ie (or maybe billpays.ie). Also, you can just pay in the shop before the amount is deducted - technically, you are prepaying and gaining credit on your account.

Did you get that in writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've had no problems with this offer at all. Was on this plan at €20 a month when they lowered the price. Rang them, got through in about 2 - 3 mins asked them to change it. Was told no problem and my last bill was €15.25. Handy! Thought I'd share a good story about Meteor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

I'd have to disagree. Meteor coverage in Dublin is fine but it's awful in places. Two weeks ago I travelled Dublin-Waterford-Cork-Killarney-Cork-Dublin over two days and dropped every single call while on the road. And I was never off the main roads really. Using the same phone on the same roads with VF dropping a call would be very unusual.

My Missus picked up a Meteor SIM here in County Limerick (out N69 10 mins) its practically unusable - She has to shout into her phone this message repeatedly, until finally the other side can pick up the fragments of speech:

"Hang up! I'll ring you back on my landline!!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Sounds more like the phone Mango Joe.

I ordered the 15 deal yesterday. I was on to meteor afterwards on the Live Chat to verify it went through and make sure that its only 15 quid they take and not more. I also notified them of the issues people are having on this thread and their awful phone service. They will 'work on it'....

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Just finished my 1st ever 12 month contract (was paying 35 for 200/200/1GB plan) and called through to 1905, spoke with Nick, put on hold for 2 mins and he said that I had been switched over to €15 euro plan as of my next billing, so that's the 15th.
    Will update when the smoke clears......

As for coverage, some area's (Inside and outside of Dublin) are useless.
    Crumlin/Sundrive Rd/Clogher Rd will drop 2 out of every 3 calls.
    Just outside of Naas can be a disaster - no network for 2-3 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

bduffy wrote: »
    As for coverage, some area's (Inside and outside of Dublin) are useless.
    Crumlin/Sundrive Rd/Clogher Rd will drop 2 out of every 3 calls.

Im out on those roads probably twice or three times a week and never ever had an issue with Meteor calls there.

But I do get trouble on the southside dart line, near Booterstown and near Lansdowne, the calls often drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Beekay wrote: »
    I've had no problems with this offer at all. Was on this plan at €20 a month when they lowered the price. Rang them, got through in about 2 - 3 mins asked them to change it. Was told no problem and my last bill was €15.25. Handy! Thought I'd share a good story about Meteor!

Very same for me,called up and it was sorted within 10 minutes.Checked my bill today and its been changed.First time since I have joined meteor(about 7 years ago) that I have had a good thing to say about their customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Hi

I am having huge problems with this offer as well. I signed up from pay as you go to the new bill pay offer around 3 weeks ago, and it has been nothing but hassle. I wanted to keep my old pay as you go number and transfer my new bill pay account on the number I have been using for the last 5 yrs. I was first told that it would take 30 mins to have my number moved over, so I waited to see if it would happen. By the next day I noticed it still said I was pay as you go on my meteor account, so I rang again. Then I was told it would take 24 hrs for the change to happen. I kept ringing every few days to see the progress on this and requested a manager call which I never received. Two weeks later, I was talking to Keith on the customer helpline and he told me the first person who put in the request for me made a mistake and the request never went through. So none of the operators noticed the mistake and kept telling me it would be sorted. He told me it would take 24-48 hrs to get the number to change over. I waited for the time specified, saying I am going abroad in the next few days and need my phone working. I rang yesterday before flying out, and asked if the change has been applied yet. The operator told me the change would be done by the end of business day. I rang today, as the number didnt change over, and it was a complete disaster. I was talking to Marvo, for over an hour, as she kept putting me on hold. I asked her to put me on to the cancellations department as I wanted to speak to them to see if they can do anything for me, so she put me on hold. Then she got back to me telling she cancelled both of my accounts! So now I am stuck abroad without a working phone number! I asked her why did she do that as I didnt ask her to cancel anything for me, I need a number so why would I ask her to cancel my means of contact? She didnt say she was going to cancel the account either, she just put me on hold! I have been posting on the meteor forum for the whole time, it gives more detail, this is the thread:
    http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Bill-Pay-Plans/From-pay-as-you-go-to-Bill-Pay/td-p/18231/highlight/false
    I am now waiting for her manager to email me, as I cannot get a callback anymore cuz she cancelled both of my accounts!

Was this resolved for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Mango Joe wrote: »
    My Missus picked up a Meteor SIM here in County Limerick (out N69 10 mins) its practically unusable - She has to shout into her phone this message repeatedly, until finally the other side can pick up the fragments of speech:

"Hang up! I'll ring you back on my landline!!!!!"
    Africa wrote: »
    Sounds more like the phone Mango Joe.

I ordered the 15 deal yesterday. I was on to meteor afterwards on the Live Chat to verify it went through and make sure that its only 15 quid they take and not more. I also notified them of the issues people are having on this thread and their awful phone service. They will 'work on it'....

For the record the phone was flawless on a Vodafone SIM Full 3G, no hiss, crackles, breakup, dropped calls etc.

- Meteor simply do not have enough mobile phone masts out there..... I know some people on here will be happy and fair play - I'd just advise folks to be a little careful, maybe check in with friends, neighbours etc on their exp to see if you'll regret the move....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mango Joe wrote: »
    For the record the phone was flawless on a Vodafone SIM Full 3G, no hiss, crackles, breakup, dropped calls etc.

- Meteor simply do not have enough mobile phone masts out there..... I know some people on here will be happy and fair play - I'd just advise folks to be a little careful, maybe check in with friends, neighbours etc on their exp to see if you'll regret the move....
    I thought meteor roamed on the vodafone network when they don't have coverage. If so, you should have gotten similar reception to the vodafone sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I thought meteor roamed on the vodafone network when they don't have coverage. If so, you should have gotten similar reception to the vodafone sim.
    Only in the Wesht.
    Elsewhere, it's Meteor or nout.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Hmm... was seriously thinking of moving from o2 and availing of this offer,after about 8 years with o2 i'm getting fed up with them, but with all the problems outlined on this thread, i wonder if it would be more hassle than its worth between coverage and problems with the offer, any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

sarah88 wrote: »
    Hmm... was seriously thinking of moving from o2 and availing of this offer,after about 8 years with o2 i'm getting fed up with them, but with all the problems outlined on this thread, i wonder if it would be more hassle than its worth between coverage and problems with the offer, any thoughts?

Well, IMHO the vast majority of people who transferred over to this tarriff are happy with their lot. I would'nt be swayed by a few posters who come on here to moan. Your best option would be to get a free sim from Meteor and try it out fully where you work and play. That way you will satisfy yourself whether the signal is good enough for you. The only thing to be aware of is that this offer is a limited one and could be withdrawn by Meteor at any time. The offer is way better than anything O2 or Voda can offer.

Advertisement