Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go out in limerick city

• 23-07-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I'm in Limerick tonight and tomorrow night with my boyfriend. I was just wondering where is good to go out on a sat night? Im 24 and he's 23 so where would suit us?! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

*Sparkle* wrote: »
    I'm in Limerick tonight and tomorrow night with my boyfriend. I was just wondering where is good to go out on a sat night? Im 24 and he's 23 so where would suit us?! :)
    What you into,clubs?late bar?live music?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

What you into,clubs?late bar?live music?
    Clubs or a late bar i guess!

Best bet is to head to Denmark Street.There's a fine selections of pubs/clubs around there such as Nancy's, Flannerys, Smyths etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Head into Chocolate Restaurant or The Hamptons for food

http://www.chocolatrestaurant.ie/

http://www.hamptonsgrill.ie/

They do early birds as well and as Test says

Flannerys(not the small one at the bottom of the street)
    Nancys
    Smyths is your age group but normally jammed from 10:30pm onwards.
    Angel Lane Nightclub(much better) is around the corner

If you like something a little quirkier try Mickey Martins in Augstinian Lane aka Just off Thomas Street, around the corner from Brown Thomas which is the nearest "Landmark".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Head into Chocolate Restaurant or The Hamptons for food

http://www.chocolatrestaurant.ie/

http://www.hamptonsgrill.ie/

They do early birds as well and as Test says

Flannerys(not the small one at the bottom of the street)
    Nancys
    Smyths is your age group but normally jammed from 10:30pm onwards.
    Angel Lane Nightclub(much better) is around the corner

If you like something a little quirkier try Mickey Martins in Augstinian Lane aka Just off Thomas Street, around the corner from Brown Thomas which is the nearest "Landmark".

Good god dont tell everyone tis across from Todds and Kranks and around the corner from video city :D

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    Good god dont tell everyone tis across from Todds and Kranks and around the corner from video city :D

Take your 1986 Limerick Post and feck off. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

sioda wrote: »
    video city

I know it's off topic but is that the crowd that used be xtra vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We had dinner in our hotel the Sat night cause it was included in the price. Sunday night we went to Chocolat and it was amazing! Then afterwards we went to Smyths and Nancys... Had a good night! Limerick isn't too bad of a place!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We had dinner in our hotel the Sat night cause it was included in the price. Sunday night we went to Chocolat and it was amazing! Then afterwards we went to Smyths and Nancys... Had a good night! Limerick isn't too bad of a place!! :)

nice back handed compliment ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 4 years in Limerick

Do you know a nice quiet gay/les pub in Limerick?

Some live music, or other attractions? I'm not looking for a barn, mecca of sex, hotel rooms, etc..

Best regards.

S

• Advertisement

Do you know a nice quiet gay/les pub in Limerick?

Some live music, or other attractions? I'm not looking for a barn, mecca of sex, hotel rooms, etc..

Best regards.

S

I'm sure there's one on Thomas Street? Maybe Beer Baron will be along and confirm :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

31 Thomas Street is a gay bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

32 Thomas Street is a gay bar.
    Don't let them catch you on that one...It's 31

http://www.facebook.com/Bar31

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ninty9er wrote: »
    32 Thomas Street is a gay bar.
    Don't let them catch you on that one...It's 31

http://www.facebook.com/Bar31

tumblr_ljx4ocXigj1qd55o4.jpg

I'm sure there's one on Thomas Street? Maybe Beer Baron will be along and confirm :P

Definately on Thomas Street. You always see your car parked outside. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

you mean that girly soft top he drives :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

lol. The best we can hope for?! :p

They don't sell Erdinger,I wouldn't drink in there :pac:
    you mean that girly soft top he drives :)

M3 drivers have no friends....ever wonder why?

They don't sell Erdinger,I wouldn't drink in there :pac:

Ah but they do. Isn't that where you get your Erdinger fix(amongst other fixes)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

For anyone that likes craft beer and/or different bottled beer then check out the Locke Bar. They are adding to their range the whole time which is nice. They just added Blue Moon and Sierra Nevada Summerfest '11 bottles. :D

They also have Bishops Finger which is probably the funniest name for a beer that I have seen yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Blue moon is an interesting experiment in marketing! Its a tasty beer, but it aint quite how its portrayed. Its made by coors, when they realised they were losing some sales to "craft beers" they invented one and a backstory. The slice of orange was dreamt up by their marketing department.

Ah but they do. Isn't that where you get your Erdinger fix(amongst other fixes)?

I'm unable to confirm or deny if they do they sell it,but obviously you can... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 4 years in Limerick

TestTransmission, Mr Insect Overlord, Beer Baron, thank you very much for your help gentlemen. :)

After four years, its time to move somewhere.

Best regards.

S

zuroph wrote: »
    Blue moon is an interesting experiment in marketing! Its a tasty beer, but it aint quite how its portrayed. Its made by coors, when they realised they were losing some sales to "craft beers" they invented one and a backstory. The slice of orange was dreamt up by their marketing department.

Most places are having trouble shifting the stuff though.
    I'm unable to confirm or deny if they do they sell it,but obviously you can... :P

It's a nice place actually. A lot nicer than that scumbag place that was there before but I wouldn't expect to be picking up any women there anytime soon unless you be a woman of course. :D
    TestTransmission, Mr Insect Overlord, Beer Baron, thank you very much for your help gentlemen. :)

After four years, its time to move somewhere.

Best regards.

S

Head up there. It's a nice place and Michael(owner) is a nice guy. He is part of the organising committee for the Gay Pride Festival coming up soon.

https://www.facebook.com/limerickcitypride

I understand they are holding Mr Limerick competition there on that weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

M3 drivers have no friends....ever wonder why?

jealousy....:p

jealousy....:p

bloody rustbuckets

Advertisement