Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

O2 money card (prepay credit card)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Hey, I need to book an apartment abroad. Although I won't be charged until the summer the website I was booking through needed the card info to make the booking. Gave them my 02 money card details but got a call back today saying there was a problem with it. (possibly because there was only €20 on it and not the €390 that the apartment will ultimately cost) If I put more money on the card and ask them to try again do you think it'll work? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

happytramp wrote: »
    Hey, I need to book an apartment abroad. Although I won't be charged until the summer the website I was booking through needed the card info to make the booking. Gave them my 02 money card details but got a call back today saying there was a problem with it. (possibly because there was only €20 on it and not the €390 that the apartment will ultimately cost) If I put more money on the card and ask them to try again do you think it'll work? Thanks

They're probably trying to do a pre-auth for the first night, or maybe even the whole amount which if they are I would book somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

Hey,
    Can someone confirm that this card works on both dabs.ie and komplett.ie?

donfarrell wrote: »
    Hey,
    Can someone confirm that this card works on both dabs.ie and komplett.ie?

It's exactly like a normal credit card, never had it refused anywhere - ebay, paypal, amazon, play and a few dozen other other websites including dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Anybody know if O2 Money cards work on pro direct soccer? They didnt accept my 3v anyway......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Anybody know if O2 Money cards work on pro direct soccer? They didnt accept my 3v anyway......

o2 money card works wherever you see the visa sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

ahyeahok wrote: »
    o2 money card works wherever you see the visa sign.

Has anyone tried it with netflicks?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

Where is the cvc number on the card? Got one a while back and just gonna use it now. Can't see this info on their site. Thanks.

Where is the cvc number on the card? Got one a while back and just gonna use it now. Can't see this info on their site. Thanks.

Back of the card, the 3 digit number

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭DannyKing

I was buying 3v credit the other day and the guy in centra recommended the O2 card to me.

My 3v card is mainly used for buying records off ebay and discogs, many of them from the US and UK.

As these are paypal transactions, would these dollar and sterling transactions incur the 2.75% fee?

I came here for this too. Anyone got any idea? Its expensive enough buying records abroad as it is.

• Advertisement

DannyKing wrote: »
    I came here for this too. Anyone got any idea? Its expensive enough buying records abroad as it is.

Paypal charges in the currency that whoever you're buying from tells them. Thats how PayPal makes money on top of their normal charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Can you just bring cash into an o2 shop with your card and they'll put that money on your card there and then for you?

Dr.Evil wrote: »
    Can you just bring cash into an o2 shop with your card and they'll put that money on your card there and then for you?
    O2 shop or any payzone shop like Spar etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Doughbag

Has anyone ever tried to rent a car with an O2 Money Card?
    If so, did it work?

Doughbag wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried to rent a car with an O2 Money Card?
    If so, did it work?

Most car companies will pre-authorise the excess on the card, so that could be a problem...
    As for paying for the rental, well its just like a normal visa card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

fritzelly wrote: »

Yes and no. All credit cards have identifiers built in so that retailers can tell what type of card they are, and in this case identify that it is a pre-paid card. Pre-pay comes with risks for any retailer or service provider, because say for example you do damage or decide not to bring the car back, then the rental agency will not be able to charge anything to you as the card is not a credit card.

It is unlikely that pre-pay cards will be accepted by car rental agencies, but you'd have to check with the individual agency you are going to use as it may vary from one to another.

Well I did say paying for the rental is not the problem, but the pre-authorisation would likely be.
    If someone doesn't bring the car back then there's not many people that have a credit card that would cover the cost :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I had an o2 money card. It was ok except they charge you every time you top up and there's a government charge of 2.50. But it all adds up.

I now have a prepaid mastercard from moneybookers. The only charge is it costs €10 per year but thats it. Once you apply, it takes about two weeks. You can top up with your laser card too which doesn't cost a thing. There's no minimum amount to top up either. Its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Doughbag

fritzelly wrote: »
    Most car companies will pre-authorise the excess on the card, so that could be a problem...

Just tried, booking was no problem, paying for it was not either a problem, but at the actual collection of the car, the O2 money card was rejected for the one and only reason: my name was not printed on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Caped

Anyone ever use O2 card on http://www.scan.co.uk/?

Looking to buy few PC parts & don't wanna load it with money to find out it won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭K.Hammett

Caped wrote: »
    Anyone ever use O2 card on http://www.scan.co.uk/?

Looking to buy few PC parts & don't wanna load it with money to find out it won't work.

I've never used that website, but I imagine if they accept visa debit than it will work. I have never had any problem using it anywhere that accepts visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is kinda stupid that your name is not printed on the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

Can you receive payments with the o2 money card. I searched everywhere and cant seem to find it, i need it for ebay to receive money from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes it can be used to receive money.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Steve30x

I got one of these cards but I cant use it all. I used it once but it wont work anymore. When I try to buy windows 8 I get the card number is invalid and when I try to add it to paypal I get the card number is invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭UpTheLilies

Anybody know if Ticketmaster accept the 02 moneycard when purchasing tickets online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How can you check your balance now Three has taken over O2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I cant access the website

Advertisement