Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

OK confused Irish Mammy here.

Please forgive me if I've missed what I'm looking for in the earlier parts of this thread.

My daughter is heading to Vic Lodge in the next week or so. Hopefully she has an en-suite (I'm confused by the e-mails etc but will try to clarify on Monday).

So, we have the following:

Duvet
    Pillows
    Bed Linen
    Towels
    Bath Mat

All the personal stuff (clothes, toiletries, etc etc).

What else does she need?

Do I need to give her a kettle or a microwave or a fan heater?
    Does she need to bring down a desktop/laptop for her room?

What have I forgotten? (of COURSE I've forgotten something :p)

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Bicycle wrote: »
    OK confused Irish Mammy here.

Please forgive me if I've missed what I'm looking for in the earlier parts of this thread.

My daughter is heading to Vic Lodge in the next week or so. Hopefully she has an en-suite (I'm confused by the e-mails etc but will try to clarify on Monday).

So, we have the following:

Duvet
    Pillows
    Bed Linen
    Towels
    Bath Mat

All the personal stuff (clothes, toiletries, etc etc).

What else does she need?

Do I need to give her a kettle or a microwave or a fan heater?
    Does she need to bring down a desktop/laptop for her room?

What have I forgotten? (of COURSE I've forgotten something :p)

Thanks in advance.

Hi confused Irish mammy. :D

As a student heading into their 5th year of UCC, rest assured, your daughter will be fine. I've lived in Castlewhite and in Victoria Mills (this will be my 4th year there), and student accommodation supplies basic things like kettles, heaters in the bedrooms and sitting rooms, and microwaves so you don't need to lug down things like that. Just bed linen, personal items, and yes, she'll need her own laptop/desktop if she wants to access the internet from her room. Also, bring down loads of food and things like teabags, her own bowl and mug from home... she'll thank you for it later. ;)

Ps: An ensuite room in Vic Lodge is €200 dearer than one without so they should be able to tell you over the phone which one your daughter will have. Forget emailing, things take way too long to clarify. Here's a link you might find useful: http://www.ucccampusaccommodation.com/student/victoria-lodgestudent.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Nicole,

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help.

You've been really kind.

Not a bother! If you have any other questions feel free to send me a private message and I'll do my best to help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jreanor

What's the internet like in Castlewhite? I know its the college wifi but whats the speed like and is there any blocking(P2P any traffic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rosebud93

can anyone tell me how much it is to do a load of washing at victoria lodge?! moving in in a couple of weeks =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

rosebud93 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me how much it is to do a load of washing at victoria lodge?! moving in in a couple of weeks =)

Me too :D Handy question...or else it'll be back to mom every weekend with a bag full of dirty clothes :p At least someone is thinking of the practical stuff :P

jreanor wrote: »
    What's the internet like in Castlewhite? I know its the college wifi but whats the speed like and is there any blocking(P2P any traffic)

Castlewhite internet is excellent.

Going by Vic Mills price, its probably around 5eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

It was about a fiver in Farranlea too. It was cheaper if you didn't bother with the tumble dryer though. I think everywhere charges the about the same, apart from Vic Station, which was free.

ta guys. crazy prices to clean clothes!!

• Advertisement

Me too :D Handy question...or else it'll be back to mom every weekend with a bag full of dirty clothes :p At least someone is thinking of the practical stuff :P

its expensive! i won't have the option of going back up to clare every weekend!

Just don't buy 2 cups of coffee for the week and you'll have the cash. Prioritize... caffiene buzz or clean clothes? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Or make friends with someone in Vic Station, or someone in a house with a washing machine. That's what I did :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackh08

Hi, i really need help!

I'm going into first year at ucc and i still have no idea what to do about accommodation. what are good places for first years, are the rooms all gone yet?
    And if you get a place somewhere, are you with other first years or will they just throw you in with anyone? also what are digs like?
    I know I should've done something sooner but i didnt know where i was going
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

just wondering if us victoria lodgers are moving in this Friday?

jackh08 wrote: »
    Hi, i really need help!

I'm going into first year at ucc and i still have no idea what to do about accommodation. what are good places for first years, are the rooms all gone yet?
    And if you get a place somewhere, are you with other first years or will they just throw you in with anyone? also what are digs like?
    I know I should've done something sooner but i didnt know where i was going
    thanks!

Hi Jack,

http://www.ucccampusaccommodation.com/student/indexstudent.asp

Check out the complexes here and give them a ring as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bored.com

Hey, just wondering has anyone lived in the postgraduate campus Dennehys Cross and whats that like? Thanks.

bored.com wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering has anyone lived in the postgraduate campus Dennehys Cross and whats that like? Thanks.

I haven't lived there but have been there a few times. It is gorgeous inside! Bedrooms were ensuite, double beds. Stunning living room and kitchen, leather couches and massive tv... hmm, why didn't I live there this year? :confused:

its expensive! i won't have the option of going back up to clare every weekend!

Ahh, I live in Limerick so it's ok as long as I get the usit card back in check!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Ahh, I live in Limerick so it's ok as long as I get the usit card back in check!

If you plan on getting the bus to Limerick, don't bother. The College ID is grand as proof that you're a student. It's also accepted in any of the places that offer student discounts. The only reason you'd get a USIT card would be for the train, but the train takes a lot longer than the bus, and the train station is fairly out of the way, so you'd be much better off just getting the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mvatki

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Hi confused Irish mammy. :D

As a student heading into their 5th year of UCC, rest assured, your daughter will be fine. I've lived in Castlewhite and in Victoria Mills (this will be my 4th year there), and student accommodation supplies basic things like kettles, heaters in the bedrooms and sitting rooms, and microwaves so you don't need to lug down things like that. Just bed linen, personal items, and yes, she'll need her own laptop/desktop if she wants to access the internet from her room. Also, bring down loads of food and things like teabags, her own bowl and mug from home... she'll thank you for it later. ;)

Ps: An ensuite room in Vic Lodge is €200 dearer than one without so they should be able to tell you over the phone which one your daughter will have. Forget emailing, things take way too long to clarify. Here's a link you might find useful: http://www.ucccampusaccommodation.com/student/victoria-lodgestudent.asp
    I'm an int'l student from the States and I booked Vic. Lodge a while back. I got an email a few days ago from victorialodge@ucc.ie promising an "induction email" would be sent from e-induction@ucc.ie on Aug 27th. I still haven't gotten this promised email. I sent them an email but no reply. Does anyone know what the "induction email" is all about? What should I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ngocout

mvatki wrote: »
    I'm a int'l student from the States and I booked Vic. Lodge a while back. I got an email a while ago from victorialodge@ucc.ie promising an "induction email" would be sent from e-induction@ucc.ie on the Aug 27th. I still haven't gotten this promised email. I sent them an email but no reply. Does anyone know what the "induction email" is all about? What should I do?

Hi,

I'm an Erasmus Student from Germany. A friend an me also booked at Vic Lodge but we haven't gotten any induction emails (whatever that might be...) either.
    I'm getting a bit worried but it's good to know that I'm not the only one. I'm planning to write them an emal tomorrow (usually the answers were really fast...). As this e-induction is new, my guess is that it didn't work properly and now they're trying to fix it at the last minute???:confused:

Seriously lads, pick up the phone. Stuff doesn't get sorted by emailing!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

i will be staying in cregane hall.Anyone know anything about it?Guess,its a bit late now seeing as iv paid the deposit!
    just wondering if there are any horror stories about it like with deans hall?
    cheers

Lily92 wrote: »
    Im hopin to be goin to UCC this September and have booked into Vic Lodge! Ny oders going der nd ny opinions on the place wud be appreciated. Ive heard about the bell nd firealarm but ohh well :L

You just reminded me of a Facebook group I made last year :pac:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106040509439849&ref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

Lily92 wrote: »
    Im hopin to be goin to UCC this September and have booked into Vic Lodge! Ny oders going der nd ny opinions on the place wud be appreciated. Ive heard about the bell nd firealarm but ohh well :L

I'm going there too!

When is everyone moving in i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mvatki

I was getting worried there--about to phone them--but I got the e-induction email today. I bet everyone else did too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

went through all the Vic Lodge induction BS and got this email:
    Dear Student,

By this time you should have completed your on-line induction and chosen your time and date slot for check-in.

If you have not received your induction email please let us know via email and we will forward your username and password.

Once the on-line induction is completed please print off two copies of your lease agreement. This can be retrieved from your student portal which is where you made your online payment, by clicking on the booking info button and chosing lease agreement.

The two copies of your lease agreement must be brought along for check-in.

If you need any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Gregg
    wtf is this? is it just this paragraph?: https://ucc.induction.org.uk/learner.aspx?id=16512&idType=page_id

Somebody please tell me Vic Lodge has wifi? I forgot to ask Greg yesterday when I checked in! Rooms are very small in Vic Lodge!! Not what I expected at alll!Hmm I suppose Ive a week left of my own bed before I move down fully!

• Advertisement

No, you'd be hard pushed to find student accommodation that has wi-fi.

Advertisement