Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Customer review collection app

Options
  • 25-06-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys,
    Just seeing what you think on something I'm developing. I'm at the final stages of a tablet app which would be in a stand at the point of sale in a hotel/restaurant/spa/bar etc.
    When a customer finishes their transaction, they are encouraged to enter a review of their experience, whether positive or negative, on the tablet.
    Obviously it will be designed so as to enter a review quickly and easily, fowarding the review onto tripadvisor for example.
    Just wanted to see what you thought, would you use this service if you were at a restaurant/hotel etc?

Thanks!!

Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Highly unlikely to use it. If it were a simple 3 option :D:o:mad: or something like that then maybe, definitely would not stand at the counter typing in a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rep man

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Highly unlikely to use it. If it were a simple 3 option :D:o:mad: or something like that then maybe, definitely would not stand at the counter typing in a review.

Thanks for your reply! I wish I could leave it to 3 buttons, but unfortunately tripadvisor/yelp/goggle+ :the big players in the review world require more than that. Valuable feedback though, thanks for taking the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

Similar to tick cards, you could have 5 set questions and then the three smiley faces as answers. Best of both worlds.

App could be tied into the reception booking pc so the customer wouldn't have to type in their details.. just confirm.

rotun wrote: »
    Similar to tick cards, you could have 5 set questions and then the three smiley faces as answers. Best of both worlds.

App could be tied into the reception booking pc so the customer wouldn't have to type in their details.. just confirm.

Thanks for reply rotun! My objective was to try to tie in with the existing big value players(where people look at reviews about a place/service) such as tripadvisor/yelp. unfortunately they require us to work with their system. I guess It could replace the tick cards but it would be an internal system and wouldn't reflect online, I'm just trying to see where a hotel manager might increase their footfall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Are you aware of you're competitors ?

https://www.trurating.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you think this is the most suitable forum to post your market research question in I'd have doubts as to your ability to effectively design the app in question, and for that reason.......

... I'm out.

;)

Are you aware of you're competitors ?

Hi Dave, thanks for that, yeah, there are competitors, another one is Avius. There are a few out there. So I have to make my offering a little more attractive that what's out there, that's going to be my challenge.
    Trurating are interesting, it seems they are tied into the chip and pin POS system, interesting concept - wonder what happens when the chip and pin software is updated. They don't seem to tie in with or link with tripadvisor/yelp : the big review players - the influencers that can make potential customers decide to chose one hotel over another for example. Definately a competitor! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - moving the to Mobile Application forum

dudara

endacl wrote: »
    If you think this is the most suitable forum to post your market research question in I'd have doubts as to your ability to effectively design the app in question, and for that reason.......

... I'm out.

;)

ha ha!! thanks endacl. The app is designed and done! Was at the final stages with testing up until yesterday, one sticky glitch that took a while to sort, but got there! I won't tap you up for investment then?

dudara wrote: »
    Not a Consumer Issue - moving the to Mobile Application forum

dudara

Hi Dudara, sorry about that. Posted it here as it's a consumer related solution so thought it appropriate to gauge feedback with people who had/have consumer issues.
    thanks,
    Ciaran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

rep man wrote: »
    ha ha!! thanks endacl. The app is designed and done! Was at the final stages with testing up until yesterday, one sticky glitch that took a while to sort, but got there! I won't tap you up for investment then?

:D

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 chrisk123

just seen this old post here, did you get this off the ground?

interested to hear how it works, we started using a service call Eooro.com to collect our customer reviews.... something simliar i think to what you mention above, good service, but always interested in other options and services.

kind regards
    chris

Advertisement