Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda (Where to start?)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

I’d say going back to play OOT and Majora’s Mask would be difficult if you started on Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess. Difficult due to the advancements which have been made not just in terms of graphics but also in control. You really get used to parrying in Wind Waker and sword skills from Twilight Princess. I’d personally start with OOT then move to Majora’s Mask. There’s not much between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, so I reckon they could be played in any order. Skyward Sword is really quite different so could slot in anywhere without upsetting your gameplay flow too much.

The top down Zelda are completely different from a gameplay point of view and I’d imagine it’d be easy enough to play them in any order.

I’ve never had the patience for the original Zelda or Adventure of Link, which is a shame as I’m sure they were classics of their time, more so the original.

My personal favourite is Majora’s Mask followed by Link’s Awakening and probably OOT. However, I will say that the Minish Cap is probably the most underrated Zelda game and is definitely worth a shot.

Wasn’t hugely impressed by the DS Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Track games to be honest. I think both were hurt by poor controls and disappointing over-world structure. They’re by no means bad games, but they are the worst of the series by far in my opinion (excluding the CD-i games of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Worst of the Zelda series is still pretty damn good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Proof of my Zelda love... done today at the Dublin Tattoo Convention :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Proof of my Zelda love... done today at the Dublin Tattoo Convention :D

What's the "Something that will be there?"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wind Waker Link :D With LTTP Link below that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fambick

a link to the past is beyond amazing. easily the best Zelda title :)
    links awakening on GB was pretty class too, same gameplay and everything as ALTTP
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

Just found a load of guitar covers of the best Zelda tracks, I had to share.

The Wind Waker songs were pretty epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Advertisement