Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Official Server

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I suppose wherever you see torches then that's someone else's patch is it? I found an abandoned mineshaft there the other day ....

Anything underground is fair game IMO. If you found torches then it means that someone was there before you and it's probably been stripped. If it hasn't then you can take what you find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Bland / Dec could you white list a guy called dpa . He's also on boards dpahealy .

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Ok agreed claimed is wrong, I should not have used that word however in my opinion if I am exploring and come across a cave that has been worked on then I back track and go another direction seeing as someone else has most likely spent a long time tunnelling it out.

(Or if I desperately wanted to stay in that area I'd try and find out who was there last and see if I can take it over) The mods might have a different opinion on that but not sure ...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Could I be whitelisted? leemurta

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Paterson

could i be whitelisted? spelled name wrong earlier

Creeper_Man90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

sick of spiders climbing on my roof :mad:

This'll show em :P

d0eRUl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Got rid of all of the fire in the nether (at the expense of crashing the server doing so). Hopefully this'll clear up the lag some people are experiencing while in there.

Well, have to force kill the server. Apparently, making it look through roughly eighty billion blocks might have been a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Got rid of all of the fire in the nether (at the expense of crashing the server doing so). Hopefully this'll clear up the lag some people are experiencing while in there.

Well, have to force kill the server. Apparently, making it look through roughly eighty billion blocks might have been a bad idea.

Seemingly it has alleviated much of said nether lag, there is still a bit of a spike every so often but compared to how bad it was before I'm happy with this :cool: , Thanks.

I still have the sheep not regrowing wool issue (not sure if it was meant to be fixed)

Also are we allowed our own Nether portals? I can't seem to get mine to fire up properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Ponster wrote: »
    I still have the sheep not regrowing wool issue (not sure if it was meant to be fixed)

Also are we allowed our own Nether portals? I can't seem to get mine to fire up properly.

Same as me, I tried to build one yesterday or the day before, and it wouldn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

Solitary Scythe has to make them now as before they weren't linking up properly. I don't think private portals are allowed any more, at least for only 1 person.

Admins can set up portals for people. If you want one set up then make the frame in the 'real' world where you want the portal and send myself or dec a pm.

Admins can set up portals for people. If you want one set up then make the frame in the 'real' world where you want the portal and send myself or dec a pm.

Cheers! I'll do that.

I'll do it some day that you have a little more time to help as I'll need to build a second one in the nether so that I get back home when I return :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JamesMcCartan

Something that I noticed when I was trapped on the roof of the nether a while back, was the presence of Mushrooms growing on the bedrock; this lead to regions where more chunks are being loaded [the lc: 147 ? instead of 127 usually] which may contribute to any lag in the nether.

Just something that might be worth looking into... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Paterson

any chance getting whitelisted?

Creeper_Man90

We set up the nether one too, so you only need to set up one portal.

We set up the nether one too, so you only need to set up one portal.

Unfortunately not. If I go back through the existing nether portal then I won't 'spawn' back at my portal but instead most likely at the 'main' one that already exists; then travel for a bit back to my home.

You have to build a portal; note it's x,z location; go to the nether; divide the x,z by 8 and build a new one there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Could I get whitelisted again? I seemed to have been taken off? : o

NeosDex

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kitta

Might it be possible if you could whitelist me once more?

Pathera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Izikk

hey could i be whitelisted again? i'm izikk.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

anyone else have major problems loging on ??

Unfortunately not. If I go back through the existing nether portal then I won't 'spawn' back at my portal but instead most likely at the 'main' one that already exists; then travel for a bit back to my home.

You have to build a portal; note it's x,z location; go to the nether; divide the x,z by 8 and build a new one there :)
    That's what I mean, we do all that for you.

That's what I mean, we do all that for you.

Wow! That's quite a service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

anyone else have major problems loging on ??

Yes, well last night I did. Thought it was my end but obviously not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SethosWolf

Could I get white listed please? (:

Rozzwazz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Latest Snapshot has been released,

zeQFX.png
    Soon enough you'll be earning XP from mining diamonds, emeralds, redstone, or lapis. Smelting iron/gold Cooking food, and I also believe you get it from farming melons/wheat, but I'm not positive about those last two. Out of all 80 of those levels, I only killed about 4 or 5 mobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,753 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Can I get whitelisted please? :)

_Sintel_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Latest Snapshot has been released,

What do the emeralds fo?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Paterson wrote: »
    any chance getting whitelisted?

Creeper_Man90
    NeosDex wrote: »
    Could I get whitelisted again? I seemed to have been taken off? : o

NeosDex
    Kitta wrote: »
    Might it be possible if you could whitelist me once more?

Pathera
    Izikk wrote: »
    hey could i be whitelisted again? i'm izikk.
    SethosWolf wrote: »
    Could I get white listed please? (:

Rozzwazz
    Sintel wrote: »
    Can I get whitelisted please? smile.gif

_Sintel_

All added.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement