Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

RIP Sage Stallone, loved him in Rocky V.

sage.jpg

2572hr7.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    ET is a kids ride and it's always been packed whenever I went. So bad one time we didn't even bother going on it, that's how long the wait was. Jaws was definitely for an older crowd so wouldn't be as busy.

My Dad loves ET. Use that information as you will :P It definitely needs an upgrade though.

The queues are always bad for most rides; Despicable Me had a 2 hour wait, Men in Black had a 90 minute wait, and I've never seen Shrek have anything under a 70 minute waiting time. We were staying in the Hard Rock Hotel though so our room keys doubled as express tickets, meaning all rides had a 5 minute waiting time :P So fun to just walk past the queues. Get abused, but so worth it.

Also, another thing I love about America; cheap clothes. Bought so many t-shirts, jeans, jackets....favorite one was this one...

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3768172&cp=3907203.3907545&parentPage=family

Marked down from $550 dollars to $199.99 on their website....picked it up for $50 dollars in store. Got another jacket marked down from $300 to $25. Picked up twelve amazing t-shirts and 4 pairs of Wrangler jeas for $160 in Walmart, and they'll keep me going for the next few years. Amazing prices on clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Milan sell Thiago Silva for €5m less than they turned down 2 weeks ago didn't think selling him could get any worse but now it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

Just seen this in the breaking bad twitter feed. Didn't know it was an actual live website.

Dancor wrote: »

Just seen this in the breaking bad twitter feed. Didn't know it was an actual live website.

Even better

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charisteas wrote: »
    RIP Sage Stallone, loved him in Rocky V.

RIP

99 times out of 100, if a website is mentioned in a TV show, movie or the likes, they'll put something at that address. I know the Rooster Teeth guys have said on their podcast they always buy the domain names of sites they mention in their shows cause otherwise someone else will and then you are advertising something inadvertadly....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Happy St Swithin's Day!

It's real and it's today! Kippers for breakfast, Aunt Hellllllga? Bishop Swithun (971 AD) asked to be outside on his deathbed on July 15th and after his death, the weather on this day was to determine the weather for the next 40 days. Made famous by Bart's manuscript.

556052_463611760325097_1184059627_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

We're fecked then, been raining all day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

GTR63 wrote: »
    Justice League just don't have the amount of quality superheroes that Avengers/Marvel have. That Green lantern film that was on sky recently was bloody useless. At least the Avengers cast had a bit of a back catalogue of ok movies.

To be fair, most people know who Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Aquaman are.

The problem, as I see it, is convincing the audience (and myself) that these guys play in the same universe on-screen.

Admittedly I'm a Marvel guy but I prefer my Batmen dealing with street-level crime and can't get my head around how someone like that would hang around with an invulnerable boy scout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I wonder if that guy I saw today on Church Street wearing a Dolph Ziggler t-shirt is a Boardsie?

Ridley wrote: »
    Admittedly I'm a Marvel guy but I prefer my Batmen dealing with street-level crime and can't get my head around how someone like that would hang around with an invulnerable boy scout.

I was going to say Iron Man is in the same universe as Norse Gods, but then Iron Man faced a fair few supernatural guys as well I guess.

I suppose they just need to make sure Batman has a more supernatural element to it when they reboot it....

Just won tickets to TDKR premier on radio Nova :D:D:D:D:D

Get ****ing in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

Just won tickets to TDKR premier on radio Nova :D:D:D:D:D

Get ****ing in!!!

Lucky you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

23603049.jpg

That is all. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If anyone is a fan of the dude that did the Wrestlemania is playing the Academy 2 Oct 5th . Price is €25 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If anyone is a fan of the dude that did the Wrestlemania is playing the Academy 2 Oct 5th :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I would hope nobody here is a fan.

If anyone is a fan of the dude that did the Wrestlemania is playing the Academy 2 Oct 5th . Price is €25 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Who is he.

Spent the day in the four courts again. Should be all done by the morning. Don't need to go back in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

cena wrote: »
    Who is he.

Spent the day in the four courts again. Should be all done by the morning. Don't need to go back in the morning

How'd it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Machine Gun Kelly?

Not a great rapper and full of dubious people, me stay away.

• Advertisement

Have an oul interview tomorrow so fingers crossed it goes well :)

GTR63 wrote: »
    How'd it go?

It was a long wait. Took from 11 to 4 four. He got 20g give or take all goes into the ward of courts account. Legal fee are in or around 60,000 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

FLO RIDA?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

CMpunked wrote: »
    FLO RIDA?! :eek:

Nope, it's Machine Gun Kelly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Have an oul interview tomorrow so fingers crossed it goes well :)

good luck, i've been doing interviews for the past two weeks, been offered one or two and it's getting close to decision time Visa wise.

No bat day in china :(

supposedly it's getting released but they still haven't picked an official date

good luck, i've been doing interviews for the past two weeks, been offered one or two and it's getting close to decision time Visa wise.

No bat day in china :(

supposedly it's getting released but they still haven't picked an official date

Nice one , ive had one or 2 this year and thought they went well , but obviously didnt do enough , So hopefully its time to end the streak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nice one , ive had one or 2 this year and thought they went well , but obviously didnt do enough , So hopefully its time to end the streak :)

Hope it goes or went well for you

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hope it goes or went well for you

Cheers Liz , but the streak has not been broken yet :mad: Didnt get a 2nd interview

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Did you enjoy the E-Street Band the other night man? I went last night. Plenty of hits, naturally.

• Advertisement

Did you enjoy the E-Street Band the other night man? I went last night. Plenty of hits, naturally.

There are no words that can explain what happened on Tuesday , but it was Epic , 3.5 hours of entertainment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement