Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GK1001 wrote: »
    FFS - was trying to put this game to bed for a few months and get stuck into Dark Souls so I just wanted to finish up the Hammerlock DLC last night as I was almost there. Did that, and at about 10pm I say , lets just farm the warrior for a conference call before I leave it (as I don't have one and want to get it myself). Fast forward to 2.30am and all I've got are a couple of decent pink guns and 2 legendaries, a bad touch flakker which appears to be useless, and a handsome jack mask which is even worse...and now I can't move on from the game until I get one...not going to break yet and I'll let you know if I want a dupe but damn...just give me the goddam gun Warrior:mad:

ps... is the flakker of use in any situation? was thinking it might be good in pete's bar for farming Torgue tokens

Flakker is very difficult to use, pretty much useless, only really good flying enemies ...... I usually trade them in random games to those who know no better :D

I wouldn't bother with a conference call at this point there are far better guns, if you have the seraphs just buy an interfacer shot gun from the shady guy. Also multipellet shot guns are broken on consoles still as far as I know, hopefully they get patched next week in the update.

As for the bar, the most effective way is as a gunzerker and dual homing grenades while standing at the door even better if you have a norfleet or other high powered rocket launcher that homes in, you can empty it run back to the vending machine for ammo (do it on normal = cheaper, or free if you have a sham shield) clears the bar in 20-30 seconds :) you could also try and get a homing bonus package from the torgue machine there in the bar

Oh if you still have your heard set on a conference call don't forget to check under the warrior as sometimes he falls on top of it, in that case exit and re-enter and he will be gone but the loot still there.... or if you are on xbox I can give you one ..... or 5 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!

As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap -- an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game -- along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!

Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
    • Adds new items to the Black Market:
    • One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
    • Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
    • Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
      Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
    • Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
    • Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack
    • (Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
    • Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
    • Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
    • Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1022/borderlands-2-level-increase-and-other-changes

wow a skill point for every level ???? the folks crying out for a cap increase might be the same ones crying about that breaking the game.

I'm not sure what they have done in terms of balancing with the extra skill points but I could think of a few builds on Zero and Salvador with 11 extra skill points and the right relic and class mods that would make them invincible.

The more I read about the new class the more interesting he seems, stuff like being able to throw dynamite when down or team mates shooting you to activate your abilities, kind of a reverse of maya and her nurse build.

Still theres no way I have the will to take him to Ultimate Vault Hunter mode and get him maxed out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wow, I'm just imagining my 'zerker with 11 more skill points, the health boost would be insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

finally got the chance over the last 2 weeks to put some time into this game, Mechromancing my way to lvl 26 at the mo, the only major shame I have is not having played online with people, I love it on single player and the odd time a randomer will jump in but just head off on their own which is pointless!

anyone on PC around this level thats up for playing add me on steam @ lancestorm108

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,200 ✭✭✭✭Penn

List of stuff in new update:
    General
    Added a new playthrough called Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50!
    In this mode, you will always start in Southern Shelf at Cleaning Up the Berg and may reset your playthrough progress as often as you like without losing any items, levels, or stats. All enemies are significantly more difficult in this playthrough, but the loot quality has increased accordingly. Rumor has it there is an entirely new rarity of loot out there for high-level players.
    Added new items to the Black Market:
    One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
    Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
    Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
    Increased the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
    Fixed a bug that was causing some users to crash on startup or when loading into a level after choosing their character.
    Fixed a bug where profiles would refuse to save when they were already corrupted on startup.
    Fixed a bug where profile restoration code would sometimes trigger inappropriately.
    Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.
    Fixed a bug that could cause hosts to become invulnerable if they were being revived by a client who disconnected mid-revive.
    Fixed an issue that could cause players to crash or freeze when fighting BNK-3R.
    Fixed a bug that could cause Deathtrap's Robot Rampage audio to not stop playing after killing an enemy until Deathtrap despawned.
    Fixed a bug that could stop the Gunzerker's Keep It Piping Hot skill from functioning as intended.
    Covered an area of the world near Claptrap's ship where the player could fall in and be unable to get out.
    Fixed an issue where a Siren could revive a player and make another player invulnerable under specific circumstances.
    Addressed instances of audio distortion tied to Axton's turret and kill skills.
    (Mr. Torgue DLC) Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
    (Mr. Torgue DLC) Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
    (Captain Scarlett DLC) Fixed an issue with the "Shady Dealings" challenge where a purchase could sometimes not count toward its completion.
    (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Fixed a bug that could cause networking issues when players are killed by being run over by fanboats.
    Missions
    Fixed an issue where players could be unable to interact with the menu when a mission that granted experience but not items was completed and not handled by the player before saving and quitting.
    Fixed an issue where players could cause the round to not fail in a Slaughter mission if a surviving player disconnects while all others are out.
    Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
    Wildlife Preservation
    Medical Mystery
    (Captain Scarlett DLC) Let There Be Light
    (Mr. Torgue DLC) Eat Cookies and Crap Thunder
    (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Thermitage is now friendlier and will no longer refuse to come play with some players.
    (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Arizona no longer refuses to spawn if players are too far away.
    (Sir Hammerlock DLC) Fixed a bug causing Dexiduous the Invincible's health bar appearing incorrect on clients.
    Equipment
    Fixed a bug where players were able to do far more damage than intended by exploiting a buff from the Evil Smasher.
    Clients are now able to see explosions caused by Norfleets in multiplayer.
    Fixed an issue causing Relics to sometimes not show the Favorite indicator.
    Fixed an issue that caused E-tech weapons to not be able to hit the Mechromancer's 'One Two Boom' orb.
    Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.
    Fixed class mods that increase the skill grade of Axton's Metal Storm, Onslaught and Quick Charge skills to function as intended.
    Fixed an exploit involving Vladof rocket launchers that could result in having infinite ammo for any weapon.
    Fixed an issue where weapon cards would sometimes not display how many bullets they consumed per shot. Mechromancer's Prodigy class mod now correctly increases reload speed.
    Fixed an issue causing impact sounds from users with The Bee shield to not be audible on clients.
    Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
    Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
    (Mr. Torgue DLC) Torgue vending machines can now stock legendary weapons above level 48.
    Chere-amie sniper rifle and transfusion grenades no longer cause audio distortion.
    Assigned price to Anshin 'Evolution' shield so that players can sell it for money if desired.
    Fixed a bug causing head customizations from the Mr. Torgue DLC to not unlock properly for Sirens and Mechromancers.
    Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
    Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.
    Fixed a bug which could cause a player to lose inventory when swapping items with a full bank or stash while having a full inventory.

And more details about UVHM:
    • Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
    • Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
    • No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
    • While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
    • Gameplay changes in UVHM:
    • Enemy health generally increased 4x.
    • Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
    • Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
    • Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
    • Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
    • Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
    • Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Evil Smasher glitch is gone. Shame, but completely understandable and will thankfully reduce the temptation for me to just use it to blast through Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Penn wrote: »
    List of stuff in new update:

And more details about UVHM:

Evil Smasher glitch is gone. Shame, but completely understandable and will thankfully reduce the temptation for me to just use it to blast through Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Was the 1st thing I checked :D

Big shame as it will now mean some seriously tough fights, I fired up Peats Bar on TVHM to see what the XP yield would be like to hit the cap faster, the enemies have been scaled up to lvl 62 and only give about 150 xp each a lvl 50 norfleet and standing at the door is no longer viable without a sham given the cost of ammo and the xp return.

I didn't bother to check Pete himself, all I'll say is thank foobar I maxed my seraphs and tokens.

I'm just glad they didn't fix how you could jump up behind the pipes in Pete's Arena. Still makes him a viable raid boss to farm solo

Seems the bee can be dusted off, anything with splash damage is now amped per projectile again :pac:

Harrold pistols are worth a look point blank they are 1 shot killers !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
    K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
    KBWTB-T6XSC-JJHBF-WXBJJ-WRWKF

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
    C3KTB-F6ZKB-KC5WJ-ZTKJ3-XC569

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll have to get back to playing this again soon to do UVHM, once I've finished off Bioshock Infinite.

Should be available from tonight (thought it'd be last night but I couldn't find anything).

People on Reddit saying the loot drops are great though, with many finding legendaries in lockers etc.

I went on last night to enter the golden key shift code, and just checked my level 50 'zerker and UVHM was an option.

Angron wrote: »
    I went on last night to enter the golden key shift code, and just checked my level 50 'zerker and UVHM was an option.

Not on PS3, unless maybe I checked too early (around half 7). Reloaded my lvl50 zerker but UVHM wasn't an option.

The hotfixes meant it knew there was new DLC, but when I went to download it it kept saying "Unable to enumerate downloadable offerings" and booted me back to the main menu.

I'm not sure when I checked, I think it may have been around 11-11:30, and it's on PC, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Should be available from tonight (thought it'd be last night but I couldn't find anything).

People on Reddit saying the loot drops are great though, with many finding legendaries in lockers etc.

I got nothing so far :( I have noticed a big jump in the amount of E-Tech in chests though. Might log in a 2nd controller later and boost my chances.

When I was playing yesterday it dawned on me how much work it would be to open up all the farm spots and quests again for unique blues that are of use like the Rubi. Don't accept the sides that give blues until you hit the cap, made that mistake in TVHM!!!!!

I'm still using my lvl 50 gear at lvl 54 the bee and DUK Harold / Murderous Slagger are proving their worth in gunzerk mode, the slagger does little or no damage but always slags instantly combined with the slash damage from the harorld care of the bee I can't actually see the enemies most of the time there are so many numbers on screen. With the changes slag weapons are now a must, seems they increased the weapon swap speed to facilitate it.

.....lvl 55 rabid stalkers that now shoot tail spikes from range that explode :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    I got nothing so far :( I have noticed a big jump in the amount of E-Tech in chests though. Might log in a 2nd controller later and boost my chances.

When I was playing yesterday it dawned on me how much work it would be to open up all the farm spots and quests again for unique blues that are of use like the Rubi. Don't accept the sides that give blues until you hit the cap, made that mistake in TVHM!!!!!

I'm still using my lvl 50 gear at lvl 54 the bee and DUK Harold / Murderous Slagger are proving their worth in gunzerk mode, the slagger does little or no damage but always slags instantly combined with the slash damage from the harorld care of the bee I can't actually see the enemies most of the time there are so many numbers on screen. With the changes slag weapons are now a must, seems they increased the weapon swap speed to facilitate it.

.....lvl 55 rabid stalkers that now shoot tail spikes from range that explode :mad:
    Likewise, I felt like a bit of an idiot when I did that >_>

I'm not sure if that counts any more. As far as I know, you can restart UVHM missions from the main menu once you've completed it, so I'd assume you could still play through it again if there was one you wanted to go back for, or even missions where there's a choice between two, you could get the second one.

I'm just not sure if that's only for main missions or includes side missions too. Best err on the side of caution I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Sorry to ask but what are the side missions to avoid so for the unique blues?

Started it up last night and had that same feeling of how the hell am I going to go through another PT to get back to the raid bosses. The stories off the better loot drops has me hooked though.

I didn't realise I'd be able to go straight into the DLC's either. The option was there for Oasis/BCofB/Hunters Loge but I went for the Southern Shelf.

...legendaries in lockers...damn this is going to be a long PT:)

GK1001 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask but what are the side missions to avoid so for the unique blues?

Avoid the two Sheriff missions in Sanctuary that gives you Law and Order anyway. Don't tip Moxxi any money until you're at Level 61 either, so her guns will be levelled up. Don't do Whoops (in Cpt. Scarlett DLC) as that one gives you the Sand Hawk. Don't do Rakkholics Anonymous from Mordecai.

Safest bet, don't accept any side mission which gives a blue weapon reward. Plenty of side missions which give green or white, or even just Eridium, so use them to level up and leave all the blue/purple reward missions until you reach lvl 61.

The missions which give blue relics/grenades/class mods, they're probably alright to do too. Nothing great from them that I can think of.

• Advertisement

Yay 1st pearl weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LVL 54 dippity Tunguska launcher, dropped from a legendary look loader that always spawns from that cardboard box in the wildlife preserve.

Yay 1st pearl weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LVL 54 dippity Tunguska launcher, dropped from a legendary look loader that always spawns from that cardboard box in the wildlife preserve.

Yeah I'm hearing that that'll be the new farming spot for Legendaries. Congrats! What's its special effect?

Yeah I'm hearing that that'll be the new farming spot for Legendaries. Congrats! What's its special effect?

Seems they only drop from the loot midgets/loaders which is annoying EDIT:actually the doctors orders trick works well here in the wildlife preserve had 3 spawn there one box after the other, got 2 relics .... crap relics

The red text on that one was "It will split the sky in two" = bonus explosive damage.

Avoid the two Sheriff missions in Sanctuary that gives you Law and Order anyway. Don't tip Moxxi any money until you're at Level 61 either, so her guns will be levelled up. Don't do Whoops (in Cpt. Scarlett DLC) as that one gives you the Sand Hawk. Don't do Rakkholics Anonymous from Mordecai.

Safest bet, don't accept any side mission which gives a blue weapon reward. Plenty of side missions which give green or white, or even just Eridium, so use them to level up and leave all the blue/purple reward missions until you reach lvl 61.

The missions which give blue relics/grenades/class mods, they're probably alright to do too. Nothing great from them that I can think of.

Just handed in this is only a test quest in overlook at level 55 ffs, the quest starts out as a green reward so I wasn't paying attention for the final part in the chain, and the deadly bloom is the best nova shield in the game imo :(

Played up as far as killing Cpt.Flynt last night on UVHM. Wow, talk about a huge step up in difficulty. Some enemies I literally couldn't damage quick enough to counter their health regeneration. Never used to bother with slag but it's become invaluable now. Have a Slagga in one hand and usually a Caustic Infinity in the other, seems to be doing the trick. I thought the DP Unkempt Harold would be my go-to weapon but it's just too slow, inaccurate and short-range. Mostly switch to it in FFYL. Even the Seraph sniper rifle which has 600% Critical Hit damage doesn't kill marauders with a headshot. Hell, after you beat Boom Bewm and you're controlling the big cannons shooting marauders and maniacs coming through the gate, the cannon blast wasn't even killing them to the extent that it was blowing them up into the air and they were landing beside me and started shooting. I had to get out of the gun to deal with them. And those Ironclad maniacs are pure bullet sponges.

Haven't found any legendaries/pearls/etechs yet, and still on Lvl50. But yeah, UVHM will definitely be one hell of a challenge.

Wow I'm using the same set up, Slagga/ DP harold both lvl 50 ........ I'm lvl 55 :eek:

I have a caustic caster for bots but even so when I get downed back comes the harold to get me up, nothing I have found or none of the other legendaries i have seem to inflict as much dmg as the harold, the difference is huge , I know its very inaccurate especially if you are being charged down , you have to aim slightly lower than you instinctively would, great for mobs though.

As you said Penn slag is essential, game would be impossible without it.

I'm just wondering how much all my badass rank grinding is coming into play? +15/16% in all stats, I had people on my friends list complain about difficulty but I'm not finding it too bad, I downed wilhelm in 2 seconds with the bee and the above weapons,

My badass ranks wouldn't be as high (probably around 7-8% for most of them), but I actually think I was wrong to say it's a step up in difficulty. More so that you have to adjust how you play a lot more. Like you said, slag is invaluable now whereas it used to be a case where if there was a slag barrel, I'd try shoot it, but that would be about it. Now I'm walking round with the Slagga at all times and looking out for other slag weapons. And the regenerating health means when you have an enemy nearly dead, you need to focus on finishing them off, rather than trying to get a few down to low health and chucking a grenade in.

Slag is the big thing. Just thinking now that most of the enemies for the next while are flesh so I should probably switch from the caustic infinity to the Hellfire. Should deal with most things quicker. Would get added damage from zerking with two SMGs as well.

Trying to think now if I should use the Bar Brawl in Torgue's DLC to level up to 61 before playing more of the story. I know the story scales to your level, but it would mean everything that drops would be Lvl61. Could even be levelling up another character in the background. Hmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RaZzZz

Has anyone tried this game in 3D?? I bough the game recently and it's good craic ^^ I've a 3D monitor inbound and I am hoping this game has decent 3D effects?

My badass ranks wouldn't be as high (probably around 7-8% for most of them), but I actually think I was wrong to say it's a step up in difficulty. More so that you have to adjust how you play a lot more. Like you said, slag is invaluable now whereas it used to be a case where if there was a slag barrel, I'd try shoot it, but that would be about it. Now I'm walking round with the Slagga at all times and looking out for other slag weapons. And the regenerating health means when you have an enemy nearly dead, you need to focus on finishing them off, rather than trying to get a few down to low health and chucking a grenade in.

Slag is the big thing. Just thinking now that most of the enemies for the next while are flesh so I should probably switch from the caustic infinity to the Hellfire. Should deal with most things quicker. Would get added damage from zerking with two SMGs as well.

Trying to think now if I should use the Bar Brawl in Torgue's DLC to level up to 61 before playing more of the story. I know the story scales to your level, but it would mean everything that drops would be Lvl61. Could even be levelling up another character in the background. Hmmmm.....

The Bar Brawl is a nightmare, even on TVHM enemies only give 100-200xp and are still lvl 62 :eek: Edit: Thats been fixed as of today via a hotfix, good to know there is an easy way to farm for tokens again.

I've seen some videos showing that pete now drops insane amounts of oranges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Finished TVHM last night, and spent WAAAAAAY longer than intended trying (unsuccessfully!) to farm a bee shield...

Advertisement