Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Would anyone have any tips on defeating Dr. Mercy? Im level 11 and my head is wreaked. His weapon is just so powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Use a fire weapon and fire grenades. Keep your distance, and aim for his feet. :o

I had trouble with him at the start too. I did some other side missions, came back when I was stronger and slaughtered him.

The temptation to use one of my golden keys for the off chance of getting an amzing weapon that will kill him!

I wont though...

Golden keys pop up all the time. There is no point in hoarding them. :)

You could use them when you're level 50 and just get pistols, shields and crappy mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭/V\etalfish

Being honest, you are probably best off using the golden keys.
    The weapons you get will last for a few levels, whereas at 50 you'll be after the legendaries.
    Purples from the chest will still be good; but you'll be looking for great at that stage.
    If you hit a new level and you won't be leveling too quick by all means that's the perfect time to use a key.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I used one the other day and scored some really tasty Purple classmods for my Gunzerker that'll last me for another few levels. Keys are like money, if you're not spending them, you're doing it wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DLC out today :confused:
    About the Game
    Enter the Creature Slaughter Dome and face off against the toughest monsters in all of Pandora. Your efforts will not be in vain. Gain experience and gear to bring back into the main game. Endure the battle, and you will receive numerous rewards, including Moxxi’s Rocket Launcher.
    Buy Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome
    3,99€ ADD TO CART

Rubbish at announcing things like DLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dreamers75 wrote: »
    DLC out today :confused:

Rubbish at announcing things like DLC

That sounds like the pre-order bonus that one of the shops had at launch ... Game in the UK maybe or Xtravision here? Probably just being made available to all.

EDIT: Actually I didn't put 2 and 2 together on this right away, now he could just be talking about DLC you mentioned..... or some new DLC tba ..... hope it's the latter
    Randy Pitchford @DuvalMagic

@ecIggy You can quote me on this, "I guarantee that there will be more DLC for Borderlands 2 before the world ends."

Now is he talking end of the world :rolleyes: on Dec. 21????????????

New patches being rolled out across all platforms today

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22147216-xbox-360-update-information

Some good and not so good changes on the xbox version (was the only one I checked ) but I assume it's the same across all formats

Boooooooooo
    Amplify damage from Amplify Shields is now divided among all projectiles fired from a single shot.
    Balance adjustments to "The Bee":
    Increased Recharge Delay
    Significantly increased Recharge Rate
    Reduced Amplify damage
    Additional miscellaneous balance tweaks.

and yaaaaaaaay!!!!!
    Players can now reset all challenge progress for a character once they've completed 85% of all non-DLC, non-area-specific challenge levels. This will keep the player's current challenge bonuses and rank, but reset all challenge progress to 0 and allow challenges to be re-completed for additional ranks and bonuses. This option will appear as a tooltip at the bottom of the “challenges” screen within the status menu if the player has met the criteria

That is actually quite a nice change.

Edit: Oh forgot the shift codes, still working as of this post they are at the end of the video, I'm too lazy to type them out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Freezing issues still not fixed apparently.

This is bad for me.

3 months now and I can't play DLC I paid for or a game I paid for.

Regardless of when this is fixed, Gearbox will never see a cent from me again, I will borrow or rent any title of theirs I want to play in the future.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »

This is bad for me.

3 months now and I can't play DLC I paid for or a game I paid for.

Regardless of when this is fixed, Gearbox will never see a cent from me again, I will borrow or rent any title of theirs I want to play in the future.

Was just about to drop you a message when I saw the update, but after I checked the change log it makes no mention of a fix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

calex71 wrote: »
    Was just about to drop you a message when I saw the update, but after I checked the change log it makes no mention of a fix :(

I have been on the gearbox forums everyday nearly since this broke. This has fixed some freezing it would appear.

But not the freezing that I am having, which is the game freezes on the unreal logo booting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Shiminay wrote: »
    I used one the other day and scored some really tasty Purple classmods for my Gunzerker that'll last me for another few levels. Keys are like someone else's money, if you're not spending them, you're doing it wrong :p

Fixed that for you.

Mr Freeze wrote: »

You have Freezing issues?

Seriously? like not a joke ? :p

Info about the next DLC has been leaked.
    Three Trophies added to Borderlands 2 have revealed the game’s next downloadable content. As spotted by the Gearbox Forums, three new trophies have been added from an upcoming pack called Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt. One Trophy specifically mentions a mission called “The Fall of Nakayama,” while two more are awarded for discovering all named locations and completing all side missions.

Randy Pitchford tweeted a few days ago that it would be out before the end of the world, so that probably means next week. :o

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/12/13/borderlands-2-hammerlock-dlc-revealed-by-trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I cant believe so many are still playing this, loved it when I was playing it same as the first but I think Id puke if I put in a fraction of the time some people spend on it now. No point playing on after you finish the plot imo.

Thargor wrote: »
    I cant believe so many are still playing this, loved it when I was playing it same as the first but I think Id puke if I put in a fraction of the time some people spend on it now. No point playing on after you finish the plot imo.

bush_doing_it_wrong_1.jpg

The game isnt about the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I know but after you've done the plot and all the side missions what is there left to see? Killing practically the exact same enemies with higher stats for a slightly better gun you've seen a million versions of already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Thargor wrote: »
    I know but after you've done the plot and all the side missions what is there left to see? Killing practically the exact same enemies with higher stats for a slightly better gun you've seen a million versions of already.

I think that's the purpose of DLC, to expand the game!

Mr E wrote: »
    Info about the next DLC has been leaked.

Randy Pitchford tweeted a few days ago that it would be out before the end of the world, so that probably means next week. :o

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/12/13/borderlands-2-hammerlock-dlc-revealed-by-trophies

Bastard never tweeted me back when I asked him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

update that nerfs the bee you say?

I think not, I only got one yesterday after farming that stupid prick for hours. until I get my conference call and kill teramorphus a few times I think i'll hold off on that thank you very much.

a completely over the top weapon combo is just too much fun to get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

update that nerfs the bee you say?

I think not, I only got one yesterday after farming that stupid prick for hours. until I get my conference call and kill teramorphus a few times I think i'll hold off on that thank you very much.

a completely over the top weapon combo is just too much fun to get rid of.

My first few kills of Terramorphous were before I got a Conference Call, but The Bee was still vital. Now that they've not only fixed The Bee (not nerfed as it was never meant to be so powerful) but also increased Terra's health... Well, I won't be venturing back there any time soon.

Penn wrote: »
    My first few kills of Terramorphous were before I got a Conference Call, but The Bee was still vital. Now that they've not only fixed The Bee (not nerfed as it was never meant to be so powerful) but also increased Terra's health... Well, I won't be venturing back there any time soon.

I can't comment on Terramorphous as I wasn't bothered to go and try him, but since the bee changes, it's now a liability when playing on TVHM and not just the raid bosses, the bloody thing has made me so careless I was getting downed every few seconds by regular enemies. On to the raid bosses..... those are manageable but only with a full team now, and one that is well equipped and actually working as a team.

I did a run on all 3 from the DLC there on normal....... and they are now pitifully easy, Gee basically you just run around but now you don't have to worry about the gas/acid you lose your shield and thats about it, even minor health regen is enough to keep you at full health, same for the other 2 really...... the massive downside here aside from the lack of challenge is that they no longer drop speriphs on normal :( Not that the stuff was great for trading them but I did want that shield.

Oh fwiw they have gone from being level 50 on normal to level 32 which is a bit much imo

It should be Your Level + 2 for the raid bosses.

I guess they lowered the levels so people don't have to play twice to get the "Did it all" achievement/trophy (which is fair enough - it's a bloody long game!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Quick question.

A buddy of mine is picking this up for his Macbook Pro. Now would he be able to play Co-op with me playing on Pc ?

It's just I heard there are problems with the Patch's being different for each platform.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PC / Mac: WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB
    Xbox 360: W3KTJ-FZ9CS-XS6BR-K6JJ3-XCFXT
    PlayStation 3: WTWBJ-HKZ9C-TCCWB-ZT5JJ-6HRZS

Codes will be active the next few days, and will net you 5 keys apparently, cause BL2 won G4's Best Video Game Deathmatch

Denny M wrote: »
    PC / Mac: WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB
    Xbox 360: W3KTJ-FZ9CS-XS6BR-K6JJ3-XCFXT
    PlayStation 3: WTWBJ-HKZ9C-TCCWB-ZT5JJ-6HRZS

Codes will be active the next few days, and will net you 5 keys apparently, cause BL2 won G4's Best Video Game Deathmatch

Was just coming to post them also, I wouldn't be surprised if there will be xmas outfits in the next week. Salvador's halloween one was excellent.

Worked a treat. Got some nice sniper rifles too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dang, missed this, had been playing the game earlier in the evening. Steam tells me I have 105hours put into this :eek: Am currently at lvl 32, have done some of the Pirate DLC, but none of the Torgue and my story mission is asking me to go to a data something or other...

Anyway, killed a fking huge slag yesterday and scored a pretty savage scopeless sniper rifle. I'm having difficulty finding useful assault rifles, had some Jacobs things that did 970 points of damage, but were missing guys at point blank range and after my second or third time dying in a "fight for your life" because these things didn't connect, I sold them (had 2 for Gunzerking with). I have mostly 2 SMGs or 2 Pistols for Gunzerking, SMGs seem to be better.

• Advertisement

Its annoying that you cant scope when fighting for your life. My rifles are useless unless scoped with.

Advertisement