Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Backlit keys on my Asus N550JK-CM531H not working

Options
  • 01-04-2015 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So yesterday I received my new laptop, and upon booting the laptop the backlit keys flickered. But after loading up to windows it stays off.

I have tried all the function keys, and updating the drivers and had no luck. It seems to be a common problem, but I cannot find the fix.

I really don't want to send it back as I am leaving this Friday.

Can anybody find a solution? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LudoFrancis

Anybody? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Tried reinstalling the ASUS software?

Are you sure that model of the n550jk has backliht keys?

I thought mine did when i bought it and it turned out it didn't, do your function keys for the backlighting have any icons on the

Bambi wrote: »
    Tried reinstalling the ASUS software?

Are you sure that model of the n550jk has backliht keys?

I thought mine did when i bought it and it turned out it didn't, do your function keys for the backlighting have any icons on the

My model does have the backlit keys, I remember upon first boot they flickered whilst turning on.

My function keys dont have the icons for it either :/

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭blackwave

Think thats the same model as mine, try FN key and F4 as that works for mine.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have an Asus UX32a, have done for the last couple of years and the backlit keyboard is the most finicky part of it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No matter how many times I update the drivers I haven't been able to fix it. Completely reinstalling the OS didn't either.

I can't help, but I can relate. Oh and my keyboard is currently lit, but if I sleep the laptop it most likely will not turn back on. And the brightness keys for the backlight don't do anything.

• Advertisement

I have an Asus UX32a, have done for the last couple of years and the backlit keyboard is the most finicky part of it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. No matter how many times I update the drivers I haven't been able to fix it. Completely reinstalling the OS didn't either.

I can't help, but I can relate. Oh and my keyboard is currently lit, but if I sleep the laptop it most likely will not turn back on. And the brightness keys for the backlight don't do anything.

Damn, I have also tried the steps you have and had no luck. Although I don't think I will bother sending it to Asus to fix or replace it. It just doesn't seem worth waiting two weeks for.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Damn, I have also tried the steps you have and had no luck. Although I don't think I will bother sending it to Asus to fix or replace it. It just doesn't seem worth waiting two weeks for.

I dont know, for such a new machine I would probably send it back and get it replaced completely by the vendor. Since it's so soon after buying you should be able to get it swapped and not have to deal with Asus repair.

Advertisement