Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    We should buy one & send it off to UVA to be graded

I'm wondering is it worthwhile to send one my Darius Alpha's off to them.
    Or is it all this VGA stuff just bull$hit?

More research required me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »

They're a self appointed group who encase rare games in acrylic cases for a fee. Then some muppets on ebay advertise them & it drives the prices of games artificially high. Nonsense if I ever seen it.

They're a self appointed group who encase rare games in acrylic cases for a fee. Then some muppets on ebay advertise them & it drives the prices of games artificially high. Nonsense if I ever seen it.

We should create our own version for Ireland. We could call it the Irish Retrograding Association, or I.R.A for short.

Ohh wait a second....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The sad thing is that it DOES seem to increase the game's value. Whether that's warranted or a load of ****e is up to you to decide - but if you want to sell on a particularly rare and expensive game then it definitely wouldn't hurt.

I suppose the best thing to do is to see how much their fee is and then judge if the increased value is more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

We should buy one & send it off to UVA to be graded

I'll grade it for you. :D

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »

Pyongyang's sniff test of approval.

Sounds like you may be on to something!

Would it p1ss you off if I got a 3rd one :p
    It's almost like having a rare laserdisc that's not available to watch anywhere online and not ripping it for the world to see. Except Darius Alpha roms are all over the net and about a 10 second google search and download away.

There's actually one going in a store in Akihabara at the moment that's not listed online(or at least I couldn't find it but my connection is really slow and crappy at the moment). Going for ¥87295 apparently(so they do know what they have). That was two days ago(a friend seen it) but they usually take a while to sell from the stores.

I only wish it was a decent game, but its a pile of poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I need to get myself some company for my new house

Just asked this seller would they ship to Ireland, always wanted one of these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Pet-Monster-Vintage-1986-Stuffed-Animal-With-Handcuffs-Excellent-Condition-/260975152983?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc354cf57

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I wonder would there be much work involved in sorting out the control panel? Button layout is a bit strange.

• Advertisement

Yeh i spotted that, the layout is different on both sides..

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Very tempted... what the hell would I do with it though :pac:

Very tempted... what the hell would I do with it though :pac:

If it was me I'd get rid of the Seimitsu's and put in Happ buttons for a proper woody cab feel. Sort out the layout too. Depending on what you'd put inside the cab would determine the number of buttons needed. I'd stick with a PCB or maybe an MVS 1 slot and a multi-cart for some Neo Geo fun. Be nice to see a pic of it with a game in action to see if the screen was ok.

looks like its collection only for sure, i offered asking with bit more if he could deliver it but he didnt bite!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Need to raise a few hundred £s in the next few days :pac:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251016581742?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_500wt_1202

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Need to raise a few hundred £s in the next few days :pac:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251016581742?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_500wt_1202

Which iOS version does it run?
    Is it the one with the **** camera?
    Can I get Siri on it?
    Will it sync with iTunes or do I have to wait for a patch? ;)

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can I get Siri on it?

You missed the most important question -

'Will it make Johnny Ultimate the ultimate hipster?'

o1s1n wrote: »
    'Will it make Johnny Ultimate the ultimate hipster?'

He's fairly quite round these parts lately, wonder is he starting some sort of hipster related cult or something; The House of Fedora.

Can I get Siri on it?

Reminds me, I'm getting shot of my iPad 1 today.........

to part fund my iPad 3 purchase. :o

skinny-jeans.jpg

• Advertisement

Reminds me, I'm getting shot of my iPad 1 today.........

to part fund my iPad 3 purchase. :o

55px.jpg

I'll also be picking one up at the end of the month or early next month depending on stock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

55px.jpg

I'll also be picking one up at the end of the month or early next month depending on stock.

Hmm, he jumps to buy the Vita and the New iPad at launch, does he???

Big big windows in the Sony and Apple stores, they just love to see you coming! ;)

Hmm, he jumps to buy the Vita and the New iPad at launch, does he???

Big big windows in the Sony and Apple stores, they just love to see you coming! ;)

Maybe. But as I've said before, why wait?
    I like my gadgets and tech(both new and retro) and I'm willing to put my cash where my mouth is and buy them.

Don't be hatin' Cidey, it's people like me that are trying to bring us out of this recession by spending our cash on silly things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Since iOS is so mainstream these days, not having apple devices makes you cool. Therefore I proclaim the majority of the A&R regulars to be hipsters. So hip (replacement) that they don't even know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

ghostchant wrote: »
    Since iOS is so mainstream these days, not having apple devices makes cool. Therefore I proclaim the majority of the A&R regulars to be hipsters. So hip (replacement) that they don't even know it.

Only John Ultimate has the authority to proclaim hipster status

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Only John Ultimate has the authority to proclaim hipster status

You haven't seen how skinny my jeans are.

Or how ironic my haircut is.

ghostchant wrote: »
    You haven't seen how skinny my jeans are.

Or how ironic my haircut is.

42687834959022007981368.jpg

Doesn't matter if you buy an iPad at launch or not, the price never drops until the launch of it's successor.

I think I got the best out of my iPad 1 over the last 14 months or so. I'm clawing back a few bob to recycle it. Better than leaving it in a drawer and have the value plummet even more.

Problem is though, with that new retina display, let's see how many revamped HD versions of apps and games are thrown at the punter to repurchase now? :mad:

Looking forward to the iPad 3 anyway. It's a more worthwhile upgrade for me than if I had an iPad 2.

Doesn't matter if you buy an iPad at launch or not, the price never drops until the launch of it's successor.

I think I got the best out of my iPad 1 over the last 14 months or so. I'm clawing back a few bob to recycle it. Better than leaving it in a drawer and have the value plummet even more.

Problem is though, with that new retina display, let's see how many revamped HD versions of apps and games are thrown at the punter to repurchase now? :mad:

Looking forward to the iPad 3 anyway. It's a more worthwhile upgrade for me than if I had an iPad 2.

Very true on the pricing all right. The only thing is we won't get to enjoy the LTE radio on it. But I was on to Vodafone on a couple of forums and they do support the HSPA+ standard.

http://www.vodafone.ie/coverage

Mobile Broadband= 3G
    Performance Plus= HSPA+
    Performance Pro= HSPA+ with Dual Carrier tech.

High speed coverage(faster than 3G) is decent in the main cities but not great elsewhere.

I went from iPad to iPad 2 and now on to iPad 3, upgrading as the new models came out. I did sell my iPad 1 a few weeks ago as it would be worth almost nothing by the time the new iPad comes around and I no longer use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I wont be getting an ipad any time soon, way too mainstream for me

rocking one of these bad boys though...

apple-newton.jpg

Only problem is my jeans are too tight to fit it in my pocket, mabye I'll just keep it under my hat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement