Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoT Illiterate Season 4 finale *HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Surprised Tyrion did not attempt to kill Cersi but I suppose the scene with his father took up most of his time! Surprised that Shay got involved with Tywin, really thought she had been threatened to testify against Tyrion, seems a reply of the last time Tywin paid a girl to get involved with Tyrion and then made sure he knew that she was just a prostitute. Sad to see him die though, love Charles Dance's voice!

God wish the mountain would just die! Dany's story is really going nowhere and really dragging on, but the dragons were cool! Sorry to see the Hound go! Kind of thought that Arya would actually be a bit sad at seeing him die, but I guess after everything that has happened with him she doesn't care.

Really thought too they would have gone into her aunt's place even if they discovered she was dead? I know no one except for a handful of people knew Sansa was there, but still I thought they would go in. Was wondering why Brianne never told Arya that Sansa was there too!

Rest of the episode was good too, the skeletons were class! Did anyone else think of the Lion King when Bran was going through all those branches, because I did immediately!:o Rafiki_Shut_Up!.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Was wondering why Brianne never told Arya that Sansa was there too!

Does Brianne know that Sansa is in Eerrie? Thought Podrick just guessed that they may be there

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Varys is definitely going with Tyrion... whats going to happen to Tyrion now that his father is dead and he has no money in a foreign place?

The Hound... hmmm, something tells me he isn't going to die. The fact we didn't see him die on screen makes me go hmmmm.

Thought the army arriving on the right side of the wall at the right time seemed a bit pat. Bran's line is starting to get interesting, finally.

Finally, its 10 freakin months until the other half of the series... like, next March/April?? wtf? Are they having a laugh?! GRRRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

wprathead wrote: »
    Does Brianne know that Sansa is in Eerrie? Thought Podrick just guessed that they may be there
    AH you're right actually because I remember now the scene where she had him choose which direction to go in! Thank you!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trionaod

Felt this series like all Third series was disappointing
    Too dragged out
    Too many uncertainties
    When are the dragons going to attack
    Where are the white walkers
    Why was castle black so badly fortified

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Basil3 wrote: »
    Out of all the things that didn't really make sense in that episode, that is one thing that did.

You think? Why did it make sense? They genuinely developed a bond (Arya/Hound). I thought she would have been merciful.

I'm delighted Bran actually got somewhere for once. That whole plot line has been rubbish til now. They really fcked that up imo. The viewer doesn't understand the motivation outside of these vague visions. You know it will eventually be important but that's not good enough. It wasn't explained properly so there is no urgency, and you also know Bran won't be killed so the tension is missing compared to every other plot line. They could have left out half his scenes, or else properly explained where they are going, why they are going there, who exactly his companions are and what their motivations are. It was all too vague.

Anybody else reminded of this :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

DeVore wrote: »
    Varys is definitely going with Tyrion... whats going to happen to Tyrion now that his father is dead and he has no money in a foreign place?

The Hound... hmmm, something tells me he isn't going to die. The fact we didn't see him die on screen makes me go hmmmm.

Thought the army arriving on the right side of the wall at the right time seemed a bit pat. Bran's line is starting to get interesting, finally.

Finally, its 10 freakin months until the other half of the series... like, next March/April?? wtf? Are they having a laugh?! GRRRR
    It's not a midseries break, though, it's just the gap between seasons. They've all been 10 episodes.

Doesn't make it any less bad to wait 10 months though. But March/April is always when the season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

Thought it was a decent ending myself! The scene with Tywin in the bathroom came out of nowhere and I thought it was excellent, for a man who seemed so poised and proper throughout the show I couldnt have thought of a less fitting way to go :-D Could Tyrion and Arya join up when they go to the free cities? That would be awesome! Danaerys storyline dragged the show down this season so heres hoping it picks up in series 5! only 40 weeks to go i suppose... Any book readers know which book i should start on to contnue on from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Any book readers know which book i should start on to contnue on from here?

Book reader..just posting here to answer this.

I'll spoiler this incase some people don't want to know.

There are no actual spoilers in here just where the show is in relation to the books...no plot points are revealed;
    It hasn't ended on any one book, it's a bit all over the place. This season pretty much finished with the end of A Storm of Swords but there are some elements from that which may happen next season. You could read A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings and the first half of A Storm of Swords and you'd be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

That was immensely satisfying.

Oddly enough I enjoyed the Wall scenes most of all, given that I haven't given a **** about the Wall story arc all year. The show needs moar Ciaran Hinds tbh, he's brilliant.

Tyrion seeing Shae and then murdering her was tough to watch, and I loved how Tyrion flat out murdered his old man while he's taking a dump. Such an ignoble way for a king to die. Tyrion must be delighted at that! Love how Varys heard the bells, put two and two together and realised he'd be better off away from that mess.

Looking forward to next season already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

Blay wrote: »

There are no actual spoilers in here just where the show is in relation to the books...no plot points are revealed;
    It hasn't ended on any one book, it's a bit all over the place. This season pretty much finished with the end of A Storm of Swords but there are some elements from that which may happen next season. You could read A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings and the first half of A Storm of Swords and you'd be ok.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

3576611.jpg

Heh heh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Blay wrote: »

I was wondering where the show was in relation to the books actually. I wish it would hurry up and catch up, as it's awful trying to avoid spoilers everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

From the moment The Hound grabbed Briennes sword in that fight scene, it went from standard, Marquess of Queensbury sword fight to a filthy no holds barred brawl.

You could almost see it in Briennes face when he grabbed her sword "But.. that's not in the rules!".

Great scene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Felt kind of bad for the Hound alright. Very good finale overall to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think it's becoming more apparent that Bran is special in some way. Is there a possibility that that loose dragon belonging to Daenarys could fall into his hands? His visions show an aerial view of what looks like King's Landing and the shadow of a dragon underneath, and the three-eyed raven said he'd never walk again but he'd fly. Might he inhabit the mind of that dragon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I think it's becoming more apparent that Bran is special in some way. Is there a possibility that that loose dragon belonging to Daenarys could fall into his hands? His visions show an aerial view of what looks like King's Landing and the shadow of a dragon underneath, and the three-eyed raven said he'd never walk again but he'd fly. Might he inhabit the mind of that dragon?

Ye I mentioned that a few pages back,its what I'm thinking as well. Would be very interesting.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

there doesn't seem to be much limit over his ability to warg into creatures, given that he can control Hodor (and its great to see him do that ;) ) ... maybe proximity is a factor, one would presume so!

I think it was a good finale, not sure if I wanted a big cliffhanger or more like what we got in the end. I don't really understand why Varys chose the boat, I'm sure he could use the fact that he was outside the castle to exonerate him from the murder. I guess its a bit harder to explain not having a hand in Tyrion's escape. But I like both characters and I'm glad to see them leave together because it means we'll probably see more of both next year.

The three-eyed raven also said that he'd help him take back what he has lost or something to that effect. Bran will be a big player at the story's conclusion, I think. He is possibly the most innocent and most wronged character in the story, and is clearly in possession of a potentially very useful and potent power, as well as bring the rightful heir to Winterfell and having the support of the North should he return there. Would be pretty epic if he staged a comeback with a dragon. Pretty clear from that episode that Dany can't control them too.

DeVore wrote: »
    I don't really understand why Varys chose the boat, I'm sure he could use the fact that he was outside the castle to exonerate him from the murder. I guess its a bit harder to explain not having a hand in Tyrion's escape. But I like both characters and I'm glad to see them leave together because it means we'll probably see more of both next year.

Varys is all about self-preservation. I think he knows the Lannister stranglehold on power is precarious and their destruction is imminent. He's getting out before the **** really hits the fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Still trying to decide if I liked this ending or would have preferred some form of cliffhanger........must rewatch

Would have preferred to see more of the Bran/Raven guy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pretty clear from that episode that Dany can't control them too.

I'm getting that, but I'm also thinking that Bran might team up with Daenerys. I know it seems unlikely, given the history, but she has the army, he has the ability to control animals. I'd say it could be taken for granted that Bran is going to "inherit" Dragoon (i think that's what she called it), but whether he's going to use it against Daenerys or not is the question.

And I know the Targaryns were more or less wiped out by the Mad King, helped by Ned Stark, but Daenerys has shown that she is willing to forget the past in order to preserve the future, so it could be an unlikely partnership.

(Just putting this in there, i haven't read the books, so this is all speculation!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Grimebox wrote: »
    You think? Why did it make sense? They genuinely developed a bond (Arya/Hound). I thought she would have been merciful.

She might have up until the point where he started talking about how he killed the butcher boy and how he was sorry he didnt rape her sister, then she took no mercy on him..

I'm not considering anyone dead in GOT until you see them dead!

That other kid with bran that was killed always did annoy me.

I think bran will take control of a dragon and fcuk sh1t up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

And I know the Targaryns were more or less wiped out by the Mad King, helped by Ned Stark,

The Mad King was Aerys II, Dany's father.

Robert Baratheon and Ned rebelled against him and Jaime killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Ha i forgot Littlefinger said "some even die on their chamber pot".

All the previous finales have kind of been wrap ups and tie ups of loose ends. This one just blew every thing apart, meaning a 10 month wait is way too much.

Where did Stannis find a cavalry and how did he find his way north unbeknownest to the Boltons, did he buy out some northern houses with his Bravosi money?

I'm getting that, but I'm also thinking that Bran might team up with Daenerys. I know it seems unlikely, given the history, but she has the army, he has the ability to control animals. I'd say it could be taken for granted that Bran is going to "inherit" Dragoon (i think that's what she called it), but whether he's going to use it against Daenerys or not is the question.

And I know the Targaryns were more or less wiped out by the Mad King, helped by Ned Stark, but Daenerys has shown that she is willing to forget the past in order to preserve the future, so it could be an unlikely partnership.

(Just putting this in there, i haven't read the books, so this is all speculation!)

I wouldn't rule out that possibility either. Daenerys will need allies when she arrives in Westeros. It may be slightly mire likely that she'll team up with Dornish given the family connection and they supported her family during Robert's rebellion. However, with Bran's power growing and the fact that he potentially has the full force if the North behind him, he could be a smart choice for an ally. Can't quite think how their paths would ever cross though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ha i forgot Littlefinger said "some even die on their chamber pot".

All the previous finales have kind of been wrap ups and tie ups of loose ends. This one just blew every thing apart, meaning a 10 month wait is way too much.

Where did Stannis find a cavalry and how did he find his way north unbeknownest to the Boltons, did he buy out some northern houses with his Bravosi money?

Davos: "Westeros is not the world, your grace. We need to look east for ships and men. Ten thousand skilled soldiers fight for the Golden Company."

Stannis: "The Golden Company?!"

Davos: "They've never broken a contract."

Stannis: "They're sellswords!"

Davos: "We're willing to use blood magic to put you on the throne, but we're not willing to pay men to fight?!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Think I could handily beat one of those skeleton lads tbh.

Good ep. Kinda wish there was a confrontation with Cersei before Tyrion left in the bosca.

Finally getting behind Jon Snow as a character too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Think I could handily beat one of those skeleton lads tbh.

Good ep. Kinda wish there was a confrontation with Cersei before Tyrion left in the bosca.

Finally getting behind Jon Snow as a character too.

Of course you could beat one of those skeleton lads, they have no 'body' to back them up...

Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Sorry if it's a silly question but I can't remember what the story is. Dany chains up two dragons, where's the third? Is it implied that the third dragon has gone rogue or what?

Advertisement