Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game of Thrones: Best Season?

Options
  • 08-05-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

what's the best Season?

By the way, Season 4 is awesome so far!

Best Game of Thrones Season? 90 votes

Season 1
    0% 0 votes
    Season 2
    74% 67 votes
    Season 3
    25% 23 votes

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I actually voted for 1. I think it flows better than the others and doesn't suffer from trying to cram too much in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Season 1 was closest to the books and was as minimal as GoT will ever be. Very little magic, only mentions of it until Mirri Maz Duur and not too many locations. Viewers can be (understandably) put off by the magic elements and the sheer scale of the story so season 1 was a perfect gateway into that world..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Season 1

The game is generally confined to Kings Landing, things start off so pleasantly and the series end with the realm at war.

Sean Bean at the forefront. Khal Drogo rocking it. Could watch the opening episode again and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

have to say season one was the best,it was a nice introduction to the world and its characters and sean bean was outstanding,really thought he played ned to perfection.only started reading the books after season 2 so when ned was killed i was shocked,i actually thought at the time that the series would fall apart with out him.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Season 1 for me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I loved Season 3 best so far, simply because there is much action in it and the WHOA effects it has on you (for example the red wedding).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Season 1 had the greatest impact on me. I was one of those people that was utterly shocked when Ned Stark, its protagonist and most likeable character, was killed off. It took me a while to get back into the show after that to be honest. I never cared for Robb Stark at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Season 1 for me too, season 2 after that. I never really cared for the Stannis/Red Woman stuff but Arya's interactions with Tywin and the Blackwater episode are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

Season 1 > 2=3. I think Season 4 becomes my 2nd favorite. But they are all great so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Probably a toss up between season 2 and 1. The latest season is going very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Season 1 suffers a bit from dodgy acting, especially in the first few episodes - namely Jon Snow and Theon. They grew into the roles eventually, but there's some horrible forced lines in those first scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭prq

Season 1 here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Season 1, took me a few episodes to get into, but then I was hooked. Poor old Ned...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Despite it not being concluded or in the poll - season 4 for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

1, 4, 2, 3 in that order. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Season one as well, great way to get the audience sucked in. While I enjoyed 2 and 3, 4 is slightly going back to it roots with the first season and finding it way more enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Season 4 for me now. Lots happening and more to come in last 2 episodes apparently. Great show. Definitely not the usual fairytale happy ever after craic anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mac B

Have to say Season 4, even if it is far from over yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Season 4 isn't finished yet but so far 1 and 4 are joint best, then 3, then 2.

To be fair I love every episode. The internet has made everyone boring mini film critics, I don't enjoy overly thinking about whether an episode is a 6 or a 7, it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Four!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Surprised to see season 1 being favourite, it was a big dissapointment for me. The scenes were too short, actors weren't very believable, and felt like their only concern was with ticking the story boxes - way too rushed, compared to the books.

I maybe got used to it with subsequent series, or they have increased the budget for later seasons, because I enjoyed season 3 the most (4 really, but that's not in the poll)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 finmccoy

Hi does anyone have 2 spare tickets to Game of thrones exhibition in Belfast for Fri Sat or Sun ? Please please please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Resonator75

Really digging 4 after falling out of the flow with 3

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

rocky wrote: »
    Surprised to see season 1 being favourite, it was a big dissapointment for me. The scenes were too short, actors weren't very believable, and felt like their only concern was with ticking the story boxes - way too rushed, compared to the books.

I maybe got used to it with subsequent series, or they have increased the budget for later seasons, because I enjoyed season 3 the most (4 really, but that's not in the poll)

I thought it was quite faithful to the books - and the plot dragged at the beginning (until the death of King Robert).

Season 2 did have Blackwater - which was seriously excellent, but that crap in Qarth really undermines Season 2.

Season 3 desperately needed a battle. Fist of the First Men was promised by the end of Season 2... and not seeing a single one of Robb's battles was a disappointment. And WTF happened to GreatJohn Umber!? I say this because he was in practically every episode of Season 1 after Ned's imprisonment... Season 3 makes up for it a lot with Red Wedding... but not enough to salve my disappointment with the opening episodes.

Where shall we spend time this week? More Theon torture? GREAT!

Season 1 gets my vote!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Troyaferd

Season 1: 5/5 Stars
    Season 2: 4,5/5 Stars
    Season 3: 4,5/5 Stars
    Season 4: 4,5/5 Stars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Hodor

Advertisement