Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do faulty Garmins exist?

• 06-08-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭

Bought a Nuvi 42LM last week and used it in the UK over the weekend. On a number of occasions over the weekend it lost satellite fixes and kept telling me to "go left and then right" until it picked up the sat fix again. Now when it was good it was good but when it went bad.......I am just wondering if its faulty or Nuvis happen to do this. Welcome views of other Garmin users.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,404 ✭✭✭✭Alun

See this thread for a possible explanation / solution ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056972932

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks Alun - funny it was a rented Ford Focus that I was in over the weekend. It was a bit of a pain especially in the labyrinth of roads around Birmingham. I'll run it for a while in my own car just to check that this was the possible cause. And sorry - I should have used the search function :o

Advertisement