Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wearing red to a wedding?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Dovies wrote: »
    This is why brides put on the invite - no dresses from Coast, Monsoon etc. Head over to the wedding forum and see people giving out about this on the invite! I don't see a problem with it myself as I would keel over if I turned up in the same dress as the bridesmaid.

Told my sister about the 'sleeping with groom' thing and she thought it was hilarious. I told her to wink at him a few times next week lol. She isn't changing her outfit! :p

Just realised I am in the wedding forum duh!
    That's insane! I didn't realise people actually bothered with such petty things. I do not understand the sense in telling grown people what they're not allowed wear, or that a bride would spend one of the most important days of her life worrying about who is wearing what... wouldn't you just want to enjoy the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I know the say red is a colour for looking for attention but I wore a red dress to my BIL's wedding. And I actually wore the same dress to my best friends wedding after. The dress and the colour suited me!

I do be terrified of wearing the same dress as the bridesmaids. Or even the same colour. Normally the wedding invitations show the "colour theme" which you would guess the bridesmaids are wearing. Or if it's a close-ish wedding I would enquire what colour bridesmaids are wearing. I have a lovely dress from Coast that I got for my hen and I am itching to get another wear out of it. When I bought it, more than what I would normally pay for a dress but consoled myself that my friend was getting married the following year and I could wear it to her wedding. Her bridesmaids dresses were the exact same colour! Thank god I knew this before the wedding!

I think anything goes at a wedding now, except for white. I wore a leopard print maxi to a wedding before and it looked great!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Never heard that! My sister is going to a wedding next week and is wearing red. Have seen lots of red at previous weddings

Lol just did a search and seemingly it means you have slept with the groom!!!!! Never heard it before!

I was bridesmaid for my sister in law a few years ago, I was one of 4. Our dresses were red!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Red weddings can be murder !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Toots wrote: »
    I was bridesmaid for my sister in law a few years ago, I was one of 4. Our dresses were red!! :eek:

Lol can just imagine what people were saying about you all! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I wore a red dress to a wedding recently. No problem.

My cousin wore a red dress to mine, and there is a photo of myself and OH coming into the reception, and she is standing in the background. I love that photo as the splash of red is quite striking in the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Wore red to my brothers wedding, and I definitely didn't sleep with him!! ;-) My mum, who is normally well up on her traditions, didn't bat an eye lid either, and actually encouraged me to buy the dress as she really liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The only colours to steer clear of are white and cream, and even at that most people won't care. I've never ever heard of anyone caring about the no red/green/black rule in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭secman

i wore a red dress recently to a wedding........... the wife wasn't overly impressed though !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Lol just did a search and seemingly it means you have slept with the groom!!!!! Never heard it before!

My sister wore a red dress to our brother's wedding... Hahaha I must tell her about this

• Advertisement
Advertisement