Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Important: Non Readers threads *Read Me*

Options
  • 11-06-2014 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so after what shall hence forth be known as the great farce of the 2014 season, there will be an amnesty declared and the kings justice stayed for now.

This is important to all
    Most of what happened on this weeks non-reader thread wasn't because readers were posting spoilers etc or posting about books, they were in the minority, what really dragged the thread down and off topic was instead of reporting problematic post people took to back seat modding or bickering on the thread about those posts, which just leads to an inevitable back and forth which was why I decided to lock the thread.

Book Readers
    I'm not saying you can't but you really should not be posting in the non readers thread. Of course you can comment on stuff that actually happened on the show but you can as easily do that in the readers thread, there is absolutely NO GOOD REASON for you to post there.

To my mind the show is based on the books , both strictly and loosely. Really the differences between the two have no place on the non readers threads it simply doesn't matter, the show is it's own entity, it may be the same it may be different. Also and I have said this several times over the last few years, if the show needs the books to explain what is happening then the the writers have failed epicly in their jobs, so there should be no reason to post book stuff even relating to current or past shows.

Theory/Predictions
    This is a tricky one for me personally, a grey area, and requires honesty on the part of the poster. If you have read some or all of the books I personally don't feel you can make a non biased prediction of what will happen on the show, I would love to say no predictions as it would make life easy for me but would take 99% of the fun out of the threads both for non readers , and readers who like to see what crazy predictions are made and report back to the readers thread for general lulz and chuckles, I just ask you have a clean conscience so to speak when making them in the non readers thread.

Lastly I have to accept a degree of responsibility at this point as this should have been a done earlier and not at this point of the series.

So TLDR
    No Backseat Modding - report post you have issue with.
    No posting anything book related in non readers threads
    Readers do not post in non readers threads if possible, and certainly do not post predictions/differences etc.

Update: no questions should be asked on the non readers threads about the books.

I've had several queries about setting up threads to answer non reader questions on the books so I will look into it

As usual any problems drop me a PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement