Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belsonic Festival 2012

• 24-02-2012 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Wednesday, August 15: Skrillex, David Francis & special guests

Friday, August 17: Madness & special guests

Saturday, August 18: Thin Lizzy, The Darkness

Thursday, August 23: Two Door Cinema Club, Noah and the Whale, The Cast Of Cheers & special guests

Friday, August 24: Tom Jones & special guests

Saturday, August 25: James Morrison & special guests

Sunday, August 26: David Guetta & special guests

Tickets for Tom Jones, Skrillex, Two Door Cinema Club, Madness, James Morrison & David Guetta go on sale Monday February 27th at 9am from www.belsonic.com, www.ticketmaster.ie and The Stiff Kitten. Tickets for Belsonic 2012 are priced from £28.50 + booking fee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Thin Lizzy are announcing a Dublin date shortly - not sure if the Darkness are on that too, but should be announced in the next few days....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

NIBBS wrote: »
    Thin Lizzy are announcing a Dublin date shortly - not sure if the Darkness are on that too, but should be announced in the next few days....

Presume they will play the Olympia so cant seeing Darkness supporting them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Disappointing line up this year imo, although it is nice that they're catering to a lot of different audiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wonder will Clutch play with Thin Lizzy. If that came to the Olympia itd be immense.

Mushy wrote: »
    Wonder will Clutch play with Thin Lizzy. If that came to the Olympia itd be immense.

doubt it Mush, they aren't doing the next set of UK dates, it's The Treatment and Black Spiders......

Furious - it's still possible, if the date is beside the Belfast date, could be a co-headliner.....maybe they'll try and bump up the venue and try add some other bands to the bill....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

doubt it Mush, they aren't doing the next set of UK dates, it's The Treatment and Black Spiders......

Furious - it's still possible, if the date is beside the Belfast date, could be a co-headliner.....maybe they'll try and bump up the venue and try add some other bands to the bill....

Black Spiders wouldnt be bad either. Odd it isnt Clutch as they in Europe in late May/June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I wonder will Madness come down south

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Could see them doing EP again

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭skaface

Could see them doing EP again

:cool: Hope they will play the 02 Dublin on the saturday nite rather than EP
    Rather see them at a proper indoor gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Saw the Darkness in the Olympia in December, best gig I've been to in years, including Noel Gallagher about a month earlier in the same venue. Hoping they come back to play it again this year.

• Advertisement

These guys would be perfect addition to Thin Lizzy/Darkness gig :D:D

These guys would be perfect addition to Thin Lizzy/Darkness gig :D:D

Bigtime ;-)

Bigtime ;-)

Well there are "Special Guests" tbc . If they did get announced id be there in seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I went over to see Thin Lizzy, Clutch and Triggerfinger in the Apollo in London a few weeks and it was an unbelievable gig. The atmosphere, the performance and the stage show was immense!!! Really hope a Dublin gig is announced. If not I'll head to Belfast..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

madness would be a good show i reckon!

ItsAWindUp wrote: »

Does anyone have proper info on this??

Just don,t fancy going to Belfast if there is a chance that they mite
    play Dublin or the Marquee in Cork maybee..
    Anyone got a "heads up" on this ?????????? :confused:

windingo wrote: »
    madness would be a good show i reckon!

Madness are a great band live, with a big following
    Always a great nite out :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

skaface wrote: »
    Does anyone have proper info on this??

Just don,t fancy going to Belfast if there is a chance that they mite
    play Dublin or the Marquee in Cork maybee..
    Anyone got a "heads up" on this ?????????? :confused:

Usually a few of the acts at this play EP so keep an eye out there.

Usually a few of the acts at this play EP so keep an eye out there.

Will do, cheers ;) would love to see them again at the 02 in Dublin
    Saw them there 2 years ago, great sound & great atmosphere :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭O'Doodle

So looking forward to seeing Two Door Cinema Club play Belfast again. That'll be a treat.

• Advertisement

Emeli Sandé added to Thursday 16th August. Tickets from £22.50 + Booking Fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Disappointing line up this year imo, although it is nice that they're catering to a lot of different audiences.

Agreed.

I've seen Madness once before - Trip To Tipp '94. It was brilliant :D

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Agreed.

I've seen Madness once before - Trip To Tipp '94. It was brilliant :D

It was 1993, I was there myself. Chris De Burgh wasn,t impressed that night
    when chants of Madness,Madness could be clearly be heard near the end of his
    set.. Great Days.. Jesus, just realised it was 19 years ago, time flies when you,re having fun:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

skaface wrote: »
    It was 1993

So it was...memory's a bit hazy :D

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zooropa56

Just added:
    Monday 20th August
    Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
    Tickets £30 + Booking fee, on sale Friday 30th March

Great trilogy of shows, NG on the Monday, the Foos on the Tuesday and The Stone Roses on the Wednesday - its like a festival but without the dirty camping :D

The enemy are supporting Noel
    NOEL GALLAGHER's HIGH FLYING BIRDS will be headlining Belsonic on Monday August 20th performing tracks from their debut LP AND OASIS classics! Support comes from THE ENEMY and guests to be announced soon. Tickets onsale this Friday priced just £30 + Booking Fee.

The Darkness on the Lady Gaga tour now so The Answer have replaced them according to their tour dates.

The Darkness on the Lady Gaga tour now so The Answer have replaced them according to their tour dates.

Thats really weird since i was just thinking The Answer would be perfect for the special guest slot on that day . I think they will need to find another bigish act to slot under Lizzy now

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

If You Click On The Link It Says "The Answer will be playing playing along side Thin Lizzy & The Darkness"

• Advertisement

Tom Jones with Special Guest Brian Kennedy has been announced for a show (via The Voice of Ireland)

Advertisement