Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny wedding

• 14-10-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

Just got engaged about 3 weeks ago and have started looking at venues. We will be getting married in kilkenny and had initially considered travelling up to an hour from the church to the reception but as my fiancées family will already be travelling around an hour to get to church we've kinda ruled that out now.

We've almost narrowed down the short list to the rivercourt or newpark. I've been to several weddings in newpark and know your almost guaranteed great food, service etc and a lovely room. However it's also where my sister had hers so ideally I'd like somewhere different.

I hadn't really considered the rivercourt until I went in last week to wedding afternoon and found out that since they are in new ownership they are doing up the ballroom and making it bigger. They had mood boards to show what the new look will be like and it looked nice and fresh.

I just wondered did anyone have any recent experience of it for a wedding? The terrace is fabulous and were hoping for a summer wedding so it would be ideal. On the otherhand, and I know I'm probably over thinking, but did anyone find that people stay out on the terrace too much and not come in to dance etc? We will be having approx 200-230.

I'm just keen to hear experience of the food, the atmosphere, how the crowd spread out, space on dance floor etc to help me make a decision!

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,175 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have been to both a few times but not recently. Most recent were Rivercourt in 2008 and newpark in 2011. I would think the rivercourt is the nicer spot. Food is very good, and the rooms are lovely.
    Langtons is also worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Molly710a wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just got engaged about 3 weeks ago and have started looking at venues. We will be getting married in kilkenny and had initially considered travelling up to an hour from the church to the reception but as my fiancées family will already be travelling around an hour to get to church we've kinda ruled that out now.

We've almost narrowed down the short list to the rivercourt or newpark. I've been to several weddings in newpark and know your almost guaranteed great food, service etc and a lovely room. However it's also where my sister had hers so ideally I'd like somewhere different.

I hadn't really considered the rivercourt until I went in last week to wedding afternoon and found out that since they are in new ownership they are doing up the ballroom and making it bigger. They had mood boards to show what the new look will be like and it looked nice and fresh.

I just wondered did anyone have any recent experience of it for a wedding? The terrace is fabulous and were hoping for a summer wedding so it would be ideal. On the otherhand, and I know I'm probably over thinking, but did anyone find that people stay out on the terrace too much and not come in to dance etc? We will be having approx 200-230.

I'm just keen to hear experience of the food, the atmosphere, how the crowd spread out, space on dance floor etc to help me make a decision!

Thanks a million!

They do come in from the terrrace, dont worry about that. the only times you have to worry about people not staying in the main room at a venue is when the bar is not in the same room, which is not the case in the rivercourt.

It'll be fine. :)

Advertisement