Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - RDS - 15th June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Got my tickets today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

2013 tour kickstarted in Australia last saturday night (2nd March 2013).

As expected the gig was made up of long extended jams with the new album "Psychedelic pill" featured heavily.

Rolling stone magazine reports it divided the crowd, mainly because half the crowd wanted the hits. Seems a lot of people expected Harvest etc.:rolleyes:

Id advise anyone who hasn't seen them before to check out the setlist to know whats in store.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young/2013/perth-arena-perth-australia-2bdb003a.html

Personally I cant wait for June 15th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

poundhound wrote: »
    2013 tour kickstarted in Australia last saturday night (2nd March 2013).

As expected the gig was made up of long extended jams with the new album "Psychedelic pill" featured heavily.

Rolling stone magazine reports it divided the crowd, mainly because half the crowd wanted the hits. Seems a lot of people expected Harvest etc.:rolleyes:

Id advise anyone who hasn't seen them before to check out the setlist to know whats in store.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-young/2013/perth-arena-perth-australia-2bdb003a.html

Personally I cant wait for June 15th.

Last 5 songs are all classics! Throw in Heart of Gold, Powderfinger and Love and Only Love and it's somewhat of a greatest "hits" show really. Great setlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 biggigfan

Looks like a decent set list to me. Plenty of classics. I don't know why any one would expect to hear the largely acoustic Harvest from Neil when he's with Crazy Horse. They are known for their wild rock concerts like Live Rust and Weld. Would love to see Cortez the Killer, Crime in the City and Dangerbird though but I won't be complaining.

biggigfan wrote: »
    Looks like a decent set list to me. Plenty of classics. I don't know why any one would expect to hear the largely acoustic Harvest from Neil when he's with Crazy Horse. They are known for their wild rock concerts like Live Rust and Weld. Would love to see Cortez the Killer, Crime in the City and Dangerbird though but I won't be complaining.

I'd say we'll have a good chance of Cortez. Especially as Powderfinger and Hey Hey My My are already in the canon for this tour. Dangerbird would be amazing, as would a heap of other stuff. First two albums most Neil fans start with are After the Goldrush and Harvest.....I can hardly listen to them these days once I explored further. Once I heard On the Beach, Tonight's the Night and Zuma.....that was it.

Can this thread do a dream setlist slightly off topic thing for a while???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

"Cortez the killer" and "Like a Hurricane" added to setlist last night :)

This is going to be EPIC! Barstool Blues! *swoon*

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Add Lookout Joe, Drive Back and Come on baby let's go downtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Supports for the gig are pretty fantastic in my opinion. The Waterboys, Los Lobos and Little Green Cars.

CiaranK wrote: »
    Supports for the gig are pretty fantastic in my opinion. The Waterboys, Los Lobos and Little Green Cars.

Never heard of that last band????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭CiaranK

I wouldn't know that much of their stuff myself, but they are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lc180

They are a new folky/indie band from Dublin, their album is currently #1 in the charts. Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

They did Sedan Delivery in the Point in 2001, which was awesome.
    If they did Don't Spook the Horse, that would be amazing, though personally, my Neil wishlist is complete after seeing him do Ambulance Blues in Vicar Street.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭villa2008

Looking forward to seeing Neil live for the first time. Should be a great gig.

The last band I saw in the RDS was Guns N Roses in 2006. Is there still a pit at the gigs there?? Also is there still parking off the simmonscourt road when concerts are on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That's a decent lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

villa2008 wrote: »
    Also is there still parking off the simmonscourt road when concerts are on??

There was for Springsteen last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Will this gig sell out? Would it be possible to turn up on the day and get one? Don't want to commit to buying one at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Supposedly it already sold out and then they released a limited amount of extra tickets so there's a chance it will sell out. I'd say you'd be unlucky though. A lot of recent big shows that have been officially sold out have put tickets back up online the day before or day of the gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Anyone know what time the bands come on stage for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I've never been to the RDS arena before so I'm wondering where would be the best place to line up, in case there's more than one entrance. Also, I have a standing ticket, if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Anyone know what time the bands come on stage for this?

From aikenpromotions.ie:
    Please note the following provisional running order for Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The RDS Arena, Saturday 15th June;

DOORS - 4.00pm

LITTLE GREEN CARS - 5.00pm to 5.30pm

LOS LOBOS - 6.00pm to 6.45pm

THE WATERBOYS - 7.15pm to 8.00pm

NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE - 8.30pm to 10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Suas11 wrote: »
    I've never been to the RDS arena before so I'm wondering where would be the best place to line up, in case there's more than one entrance. Also, I have a standing ticket, if that makes a difference.

There are different entrances. You will only be allowed in the correct one. Your ticket will tell you which one you should use. If it is not clear, the stewards around the RDS will point you in the rigt direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,829 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

huskerdu wrote: »
    There are different entrances. You will only be allowed in the correct one. Your ticket will tell you which one you should use. If it is not clear, the stewards around the RDS will point you in the rigt direction.

Thanks.

I also have to say that I like your username :)

10.30 is ridiculously early curfew time imo

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pokethebear

All recent setlists showing slight variations but starting with Love and Only Love followed by Powderfinger are definites, its the last 4-5 songs that he is really mixing up. Expect an odd track from RE-ACT-OR too. Playing 15-17 songs per show. As he says himself about "the Horse", its going to be cosmic!
    Here's the setlist from last night in Newcastle.
    1. Love And Only Love
    2. Powderfinger
    3. Psychedelic Pill
    4. Walk Like A Giant
    5. Hole In The Sky
    6. Comes A Time
    7. Blowin' In The Wind
    8. Singer Without A Song
    9. Ramada Inn
    10. Cinnamon Girl
    11. F*!#in' Up
    12. Surfer Joe And Moe The Sleaze
    13. Mr. Soul
    14. Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)
    ---
    15. Rockin' In The Free World

I'm driving up from Limerick, heading down after the show, leaving around midnight. Any suggestions on where to park?
    Not overly familiar with Dublin. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'd park east of the DART line, i.e., on the "coast" side of Sandymount DART station, which is only a few minutes walk from the venue. It's a residential area and it's pay and display up to a point (possibly 7:00), but it's very handy.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 King Olaf Bandylegs

Mighty, thanks for that. Enjoy the gig. Could be our last time seeing him with The Horse over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Very excited about this now. Weather forecast seems to have Saturday down as the worst day this week, lots of rain. I suppose its probably a bit far away for them to be really accurate yet. Hopefully they are a day off!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

PLEASE PUT THAT SET LIST IN SPOILER TAGS!!!

WHY ON EARTH WOULD SOMEONE POST THE SET LIST 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CONCERT!!!!

Sorry if I am over reacting but I hate when people post the set list for concerts which are just a few days away!
    What is the point in knowing what is gonna be played and when!?

I know this concert will be incredible no matter what, but I'd rather leave the element of surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

PLEASE PUT THAT SET LIST IN SPOILER TAGS!!!

WHY ON EARTH WOULD SOMEONE POST THE SET LIST 3 DAYS BEFORE THE CONCERT!!!!

Sorry if I am over reacting but I hate when people post the set list for concerts which are just a few days away!
    What is the point in knowing what is gonna be played and when!?

I know this concert will be incredible no matter what, but I'd rather leave the element of surprise.

Maybe so that people expecting Harvest or After the Gold Rush era songs would know that that was not going to happen.

Could you not just have averted your eyes after seeing the intro to the set list?

Advertisement