Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shiminay's 1.8 Realm (invitation thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

that sucks. I keep meaning to re-map Q to another key, it often happens that in the heat of battle I gift my sword to the horde of zombies attacking me...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

And this is why I'm glad Q is my PTT key for Teamspeak/Raidcall, as it forces me to rebind Discard to R... :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

damnit.

I was building a giant slime, out of slime. It seems to have killed my ability to run the client. I've tried giving myself extra RAM to get past this, but to no avail... I may have to roll back the map (Realms allows this) to a time I wasn't building something without 1700+ slime blocks in it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Shiminay wrote: »
    damnit.

I was building a giant slime, out of slime. It seems to have killed my ability to run the client. I've tried giving myself extra RAM to get past this, but to no avail... I may have to roll back the map (Realms allows this) to a time I wasn't building something without 1700+ slime blocks in it...

Haha wooops! :D

That's pretty surprising that just slime blocks would cause crashes, considering how much people use slime blocks in giant redstone contraptions like this without much issue -

2014-07-17_0048047872875.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Just found two ocean monuments :)

• Advertisement

Guys, I can't log in, I'm going to have to roll back the server, I'm sorry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

All good :)

How far?

Well, good news, I can't roll it back far enough (only 24 hours), so I'm going to have to contact Mojang. Joy.

What about if I tried going out there and breaking the slime blocks?

• Advertisement

I can help?

The ocean monuments are at

X:1111
    Z:1312

and

X:1246
    Z:932

Do you have access to the map files, shim? You could delete the offending chunks if you do, they would regenerate without the slime.

Doesn't work that way with Realms unfortunately. If you've got a small map (< 500MB) you can download it, hit it up with world Edit or something to remove the problem and then re-upload it, but it doesn't allow you to upload anything over 500MB.

What about rolling the server forward again and letting me attempt to get rid of the slime blocks?

I can certainly give that a go, it didn't look like I could earlier, but it seems to be an option now.

The thing was at -126 X 63 X -265, send me a PM when you're online and wanna give it a go.

Just curious Shim, what version of the game are you running? Could be a known bug

It's rolled back and has insta-crashed to desktop again for me, so you're up Pompy

Are those coordinates exact? I'm there with render distance on minimum but I don't see it. I probably shouldn't increase the render distance...

Is it in the sky maybe?

• Advertisement

So when I put my render distance to 6 things get a little buggy in the distance. When I go past 6 everything gets extremely buggy and looks like the 1.8 beta, where the landscape flashes different arrangements as you turn your head.

Still no sign of the slime thing.

I guess you have to roll it back :I

I can't even log in to get the exact co-ords, let me try the render/draw distance.

Nope - everything turned to minimum and I still crash to desktop on world load.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I'm at -126, 63 -265 now, and there's a soil pillar going straight up, no more. I'll take that down ...

edit: the pillar just Pompus going up for a look. Area is completely empty, can't see anything odd, except for one "hole" in the swamp. Render distance is 7.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Gonna get a map and come back to the spot and see if i see the slime thing. Gimme another ~10 mins

I may have the wrong co-ordinates, but basically it was in the swamps beyond DarkGlasses place. Where exactly I don't know because without Rei's Minimap, I always get completely lost in a Minecraft world.

Ok I searched 4 maps around that spot and got nothing, im going to make a zoomed out map or two and try again

Found it

330026.png

It's gone but the server is still buggered.

Well we took it down Shim, you can try log in now if you want?

• Advertisement

Welp, I fixed the server but buggered my client...

330028.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement